PDA

View Full Version : Is this as good as I think it is?

HydwenPrydain
2007-08-10, 11:19 PM
I was looking at Master Thrower today, and was thinking a rogue with it could be pretty neat, but it feels like I've overlooked something, but I don't knwo what. My idea was:

Human, Dex>>>all

Rogue 7/Master Thrower 5/Rogue 8
Feats:
1:Point-blank Shot, Jotunbrund
3:Precise shot
6:Weapon focus:Shuriken Dagger
9:Rapid shot
Quick Draw and Snatch Arrows from Master Thrower.
Uncertain after here.

Throwing Tricks:
Palm throw
Trip Shot
Weak Spot

If I'm correct, with all three tricks, every attack you have would become 2 attacks, each dealing damage and (I presume) getting sneak attacks if otherwise eligible and initiating a trip attack at 8+dexterity. Oh, and they're touch attacks.

The obvious downside here is you virtually can never use magical weapons, and you'll need greater invisibility to get sneak attacks after the first round, and you'll have to carry a ton of daggers around, but what I'm wondering is if this actually works the way I think it does. And if so, isn't this awesome?

Skjaldbakka
2007-08-10, 11:28 PM
Not sure whether you get sneak attack with both thrown attacks with palm toss or not, however, the rest looks right.

You could splash a level of monk to get free shuriken prof and the ability to flurry with shuriken, in addition to rapid shot. Since you are aiming for flat-footed touch, you should (optimally) look for ways to get more attacks by taking penalties to hit.

Keep in mind also that with normal invisibility, you only get sneak attack with the first attack (you are visible for the rest).

HydwenPrydain
2007-08-10, 11:38 PM
Oops, that was supposed to be dagger. :smalleek: On the other hand, that wouldn't be a bad option, since then the shurikens can be hit with GMW and treated as ammo, although it loses out on 1 BAB (and thus attack) and 1 sneak attack die.

Ceridan
2007-08-10, 11:41 PM
You could get returning on the daggers.

excrtd
2007-08-10, 11:46 PM
I believe that palm throw attacks count as volley attacks and thus precision damage applies only once.

Jasdoif
2007-08-10, 11:52 PM
I believe that palm throw attacks count as volley attacks and thus precision damage applies only once.Yes, this is the result of errata.

The master thrower’s palm throw ability counts as a volley attack, and only one instance of precision-based damage applies to the attack roll."Precision-based damage" includes sneak attack.

Lemur
2007-08-10, 11:52 PM
Correct. You don't apply precision damage like sneak attack to both weapons on Palm Throw.

Also, Palm Throw doesn't double your attacks, it lets you throw two weapons with a single attack (somewhat similar to Multishot). The difference being, you don't trip any more than without Palm Throw.

HydwenPrydain
2007-08-10, 11:59 PM
Ah, ok. That makes more sense. You'd get 1 trip attempt per attack roll then, right? So with 2 base attacks & rapid shot you'd get sneak and trip 3 times?

I should really read the eratta.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-11, 12:02 AM
Errata is free on the wizards site. Just look under the rules link.

HydwenPrydain
2007-08-11, 12:04 AM
Cool, I'll get those. I think I'll take double toss instead.