PDA

View Full Version : Building around Darkness

eversilentone
2017-08-24, 03:39 AM
I'm trying to make a build that uses Darkness (spell/SLA) - that means one level of Warlock (or Dragonfire Adept but that doesn't really play nice with PrCs) and then a bunch of the feats from the Drow Of The Underdark book.

Are there feats, spells and combinations that anyone can recommend to help that?

Build wise I'm thinking some combination of Warlock, Rogue and Arcane Trickster/Unseen Seer, but that's a little boring. I'd love to find a way to weaponise the Darkness itself and be more of a stealthy caster, but HiPS (through Blend Into Shadows) and sneak attack feels a bit too strong to pass up without an alternative.

Any help gratefully received! The fluff is that this is an arch priest of Shar (FR deity of Darkness) but I want to focus on that element rather than the Shadow Weave. Thanks in anticipation!

SangoProduction
2017-08-24, 08:58 AM
If you're looking to weaponize darkness, I might recommend you look at the Spheres of Power...specifically the Dark sphere. Also, you can refluff stuff (such as your Eldritch Blast) as globs of darkness.

For feats, you might want Planar Touchstone -> Catalogues of Enlightenment will let you pick up the Baator domain power. Lets you see in any darkness, magical or otherwise, unlimited range.

Magic Items...might want a wand/continuous item of Ebon Eyes. This is to see in the dark you create.

The Viscount
2017-08-24, 11:31 AM
Nightcloak is a fun PrC for devotees of Shar, and Initiate of Shar adds some good spells to your list.

Darrin
2017-08-24, 01:11 PM
Sounds like Person_Man's Blinky the Ninja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=6304375&postcount=12) might be worth a look.