PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye GitP

The Orange Zergling
2007-08-10, 11:31 PM
Maybe someday I'll return, but for now it is farewell. It seems over time, the board atmosphere has changed drastically since I got here. Which is natural for any board, but I'm afraid to say it hasn't been for the good on this board... for me, anyway. I just dont enjoy reading or posting nearly as much as I used to.

I remember when the Town was founded... good days of silliness, spontaneity, and Sneak's Milk Bar. I wish I'd had as much grasp of roleplaying back then as I do now, so I could have enjoyed it for what it was rather than being a total noob. Hell, I remember posting in the thread labeled "The Town". It was a simple Silly Message Board Game where the object was to add to the MS Paint map of a town containing Sneaks Milk Bar, Sneaks Workshop, and the Arena... And now the Town is waaay different.

I remember the days when there was almost nobody on FB, SMBG or Arts + Crafts who I didn't recognize. And now it's filled with unfamiliar names... elitism ftl.

And I remember the days when we didn't have bandwidth issues. I think the avatar rules, while they do conserve site resources, were the straw that broke the camel's back, IMO. I thought "What's next, 1000 character limit for posts and no images?", and I know that won't happen, but still...

Sorry for the mushy stuff. I could have summed it up with "Stuff changed, I don't care for the changes. I'm leaving for now." But I didn't. This is the most wonderful community I've ever had the honor to be a part of. Thank you for the memories, the lulz, and the Stabbity Deaths.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-10, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the board has changed a lot... and I'm really sorry to see you leave, since you're on Ego's List of Cool People... *tear* I hope you'll come back some time, since, y'know, things will change again over time. Was great having you around. *hug* :smallsmile:

Dragor
2007-08-10, 11:44 PM
But.... but..... :smalleek:

Ah well. At least you had a good time.

Do you want a Dragor hug? *hugs*

RationalGoblin
2007-08-11, 12:00 AM
Ah, Zergling. I remember you from my earliest days at Giantitp. Sorry to see you go, but it seems all the interesting people are leaving.

Ah, well, that's life I suppose.

Ah, I enjoy saying ah. Anyways... *waves Zergling off*

Have a good life old chap!

Logic
2007-08-11, 12:44 AM
It is sad to see the first person I could easily recognize deciding to leave.

If you ever return, I will welcome you back.

Amotis
2007-08-11, 12:44 AM
and I'm really sorry to see you leave, since you're on Ego's List of Cool People... *tear*

You don't have to tear it up just because one person is leaving. :smallconfused: ( :smalltongue: )

Lucky
2007-08-11, 01:23 AM
It was a short list.

Jibar
2007-08-11, 01:36 AM
*sigh* I agree with ya man. I'm sticking it out though. Mostly because I'm too attached to leave.
I sense a song coming on.

So long and thanks for all the Zerg,
Sorry about hitting you with that Iceberg,
My God this song is really laaaaaaaaame,
You had a honourable intellect,
And with all of this board's current defects,
It never will be the saaaaaaaaame,

So long and thanks for all the Zeeeeeeerg!

Ink
2007-08-11, 02:00 AM
Goodbye Oskar. I'll be sorry to see you leave. Take care of yourself out there.

Lord Herman
2007-08-11, 02:49 AM
But you're one of the people who has been around since before I started posting. You can't leave :smallfrown:

Castaras
2007-08-11, 05:44 AM
G'luck, Zergling. Hope you do well in the future. *waves sadly*

ufo
2007-08-11, 07:35 AM
Goodbye, I'm sorry to see you leave.

And yeah, while I haven't been here as long as you, I must agree that the site has changed, and not for the better.

You were an idol. Have a good time :smallfrown:

bosssmiley
2007-08-11, 07:59 AM
Look after yerself Orange Z', and remember: "if in doubt, rush 'em!" :smallbiggrin:

As for the board changing. Yeah, it does that. It changed before we got here, it's changing while we're here, and it'll probably change after we're gone. The people here, and the quality of their conversation, make all the little niggles about bandwidth and the like worthwhile though.

Personal message to OZ: "Rerr-kek-kek. Rou-azooou."</zerg>

Raptor Jesus
2007-08-11, 08:29 AM
Put me in your will.

1 baby. :smallamused:

SurlySeraph
2007-08-11, 10:05 AM
Hail and farewell, Orange Zergling. I didn't know you too well, and I'm part of the change you're lamenting, but from what I do know of you you were pretty awesome. I hope you decide to come back eventually.

Dragonrider
2007-08-11, 10:16 AM
So long O orange ling of zerg....

:smallamused: Now I'm wondering how long you'll be able to stay away before the Giantitp-deprivation gets to you. Do they make patches? :smallbiggrin:

Glaivemaster
2007-08-11, 10:45 AM
I know the name, and the avatar, but I never really got to know you. I can't say I'll miss you, but I know I'll miss the chance to get to know you.

Hope you have a good time in the wild :smallsmile:

Charity
2007-08-11, 02:37 PM
take care O Zee, you won't be able to resist our ample charms for long.

Draken
2007-08-11, 03:25 PM
Hope to see you again OZ, yes. I never spoke to you much, but I saw many of your posts, and I liked them.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-11, 07:51 PM
Still gonna make the midwest meetup though?

The Orange Zergling
2007-08-11, 08:56 PM
Definitely. May be contradictory to my previous statements, but who cares. <.<

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 08:58 PM
Need I find an Orange Overlord to get you to stay? Because I will..!

Can't say I ever knew you by anything more than name and avatar, but that was enough. Assassin's Creed 2 looked awesome, and Starcraft wasis awesome, so you were like.. awesome^2 or something. The playground shall be sad to see you go.

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:11 PM
But mah pruplz need shardin!
*Salutes, sends a proper Navy-style sendoff.*
End well.

Malic
2007-08-11, 09:24 PM
From what I hear you shall be missed. So long and have fun. Hope you come by later to learn I've taken over the Board :smallwink: Gotta have dreams.lol

Bookman
2007-08-11, 10:05 PM
Have fun Zerg. We'll miss ya *salutes*

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-13, 09:10 AM
Ego... is your avitar the gator pearls of swine-or whatevere its called-?

banjo1985
2007-08-13, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear another forumite leaving, even if I never really had any dealings with the mighty Zergling, apart from reading a number of very funny posts! While I'm part of the 'new wave' of people that seem to have pushed you out, I hope you come back to the forum, though to maintain your sanity it would probably be best to stay away from the OotS part, that's gone very weird recently...

Anywhoo a complete stranger has babbled at you for long enough, hope life treats you well and that some day you return!

Ego Slayer
2007-08-13, 09:23 AM
Ego... is your avitar the gator pearls of swine-or whatevere its called-?
=P Crocodile, Pearls Before Swine. Yes.

Dhavaer
2007-08-13, 09:29 AM
Bye, Zergling. It seems like people are leaving weekly nowadays...

Archonic Energy
2007-08-13, 09:33 AM
goodbye my Zerg counterpart...

i'll spare you the carrier fleet & wish you a fond farewell.

AE

RationalGoblin
2007-08-13, 09:28 PM
Bye, Zergling. It seems like people are leaving weekly nowadays...

Yeah.. it seems odd somehow...

In the past month around 7 Playgrounders left, if I remember correctly... Hmmm...

Cryopyre
2007-08-13, 09:31 PM
If you were cool, sad to see you go.

If you weren't, good riddance.

Destro_Yersul
2007-08-14, 02:10 AM
*salutes* Zergling, We'll miss you in the playground.

TheThan
2007-08-14, 01:31 PM
*Lone tear rolls down the cheek*
Well sorry to see you go Zerg.
But sometimes you have to do what you have to do (even if you don’t like doing it).

Xerillum
2007-08-14, 01:39 PM
A million bugles play taps.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-14, 11:21 PM
Definitely. May be contradictory to my previous statements, but who cares. <.<
Well, I look forward to seeing you there at least, then.

Death Giant
2007-08-15, 07:32 AM
I don`t know what it was like in the beginning but dude....that was beautiful.Well bie.:smile: