PDA

View Full Version : Three-eyed Raven

Starchild7309
2017-08-24, 01:48 PM
So how would one go about stating out the Three eyed Raven from SOIF? Is it possible or do you have to bend the rules to make it work? Could it be a PC or is it strictly NPC territory?

DracoKnight
2017-08-24, 02:49 PM
So how would one go about stating out the Three eyed Raven from SOIF? Is it possible or do you have to bend the rules to make it work? Could it be a PC or is it strictly NPC territory?

I'd probably do it as an NPC; the closest way I could think to do it for a PC wouldn't do it justice.

JackPhoenix
2017-08-24, 02:49 PM
As he's stuck in his cave I don't think he would be great PC material. If I had to build him as a PC (instead of using NPC stats), I'd go with some custom druid subclass focused on divinations and dreams. Circle of Dreams is not a good fit, though. Based on bonus spells, forest Land Druid may work, as can Lore Bard and arguably Knowledge Cleric multiclassed to get Beast Bond and Beast Sense

Corran
2017-08-24, 03:08 PM
I view the three eyed raven as that rediculously powerful/ knowing-all DMPC/NPC that players are bound to come to hate. Fookin cheat character... :smalltongue:

Edit: So definitelly something built outside the rules that bind you. For example, if stats cap to 20 and point buy is used, his stats would be 50 or sth, because why not?

Nifft
2017-08-24, 03:12 PM
Warlock.

Pact: Chain.

Patron: Great Oak One.

Vingelot
2017-08-24, 03:15 PM
As he's stuck in his cave
Or in his wheelchair

I'd go with some custom druid subclass focused on divinations and dreams. Circle of Dreams is not a good fit, though. Based on bonus spells, forest Land Druid may work, as can Lore Bard and arguably Knowledge Cleric multiclassed to get Beast Bond and Beast Sense
You might also borrow the Third Eye (and maybe more) from the divination wizard.

Edit:

Warlock.

Pact: Chain.

Patron: Great Oak One.

LOL :smallcool:

Ventruenox
2017-08-24, 03:19 PM
I concur to keep him as an NPC. He's great as a living MacGuffin to further progress the narrative. Throw a bunch of divination spell-like abilities on him that can be cast at will, maybe a few Dominate spells or Pact of the Chain Invocations. I can see an adventure where the PCs have to keep him safe through a hazardous trek, similar to Banon from FF6.

If you need a PC, play a Raven Queen Lore/Chain Bardlock and steal a few thematic spells.

sarpicus
2017-08-24, 04:53 PM

If you want to make this a PC, i'd probably do a ranger subclass that focuses on magic. Since, The 3eyed raven AKA the Three-eyed crow AKA Bloodraven AKA Brynden Rivers was the Bastard son of King Aegon who fought with the Valyrian Steel sword Dark sister and a Weirwood bow. He was actually a talented fighter who went head to head with his half brother Bittersteel at the Red Grass Field., I'd say he had a certain level of martial prowess.