PDA

View Full Version : making a product

Mike Miller
2017-08-24, 06:20 PM
I've had ideas in my mind for a long time to create a long-running campaign. Finally, I decided to put them to paper/computer. By running modules and reading various reviews of modules, I'm trying to take the best advice and drop the worst material. However, I'm not sure how to best publish the campaign if/when I am done with it.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on how to get the final product to the masses? I am using D&D 3.5 and I intend on keeping it free and avoiding product identity. The final product will simply be a .pdf file.

Anxe
2017-08-24, 06:52 PM
Link the PDF here, Reddit, ENWorld, and Roll20? I don't know of any other places where free distribution for 3.5 material has a chance to work.

Airk
2017-08-25, 10:09 AM
Link the PDF here, Reddit, ENWorld, and Roll20? I don't know of any other places where free distribution for 3.5 material has a chance to work.

Seems like weird advice. There's tons of free 3.5 content on DriveThruRPG, which is a service intended for distributing game materials - indeed, I would assert that it's basically the standard at this point. Any distribution plan that doesn't include it seems questionable to me.

Anxe
2017-08-25, 11:50 AM
Seems like weird advice. There's tons of free 3.5 content on DriveThruRPG, which is a service intended for distributing game materials - indeed, I would assert that it's basically the standard at this point. Any distribution plan that doesn't include it seems questionable to me.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one.

Mike Miller
2017-08-25, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the resources

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-08-25, 10:22 PM
Put a link in your signature on all the boards you go to. If you don't have a website (they are pretty cheap and with Joomla or Wix as easy to make as a Myspace page) offer it D&D sites if they credit u.

LibraryOgre
2017-08-29, 10:19 AM
A link to it in your sig here would be fine. Look into Drivethrurpg, as mentioned. You might also use something like Google Docs (share it so anyone with the link can access it), or put it on a free blog (I use blogspot for my random gaming stuff) and link to that.