PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Dex boosting template 3.5

Baby Gary
2017-08-24, 06:21 PM
So for my current character I would like some more dex but I don't know where to get it from. I want a template that gives a bonus to dex but not a penalty to str. A penalty to Con would not be the end of the world because I could just pick up arctic from drag mag.

also all sources are allowed, but no super cheese, ok?

late thing, NO UNSEELIE FEY! I don't want to super muscly chain wielding tripper to be some sort of farie thingy, they are as bad as those darn tree hugging elves, lets see how they like it when I chop down their tree!:smalltongue:

[EDIT] needs to be able to be applied to a humanoid and as few LA as possible

flappeercraft
2017-08-24, 06:35 PM
Half-Fiend although unoptimal works. It can be applied through the Nar Fiendbond spell from Lost Empires of Faerun

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-08-24, 08:45 PM
A Variant Half-Fiend (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) could potentially give you +8 Dex, and even a Str bonus, among other benefits.

Yael
2017-08-24, 09:50 PM
Iirc, Bone Creature gives +4 dex plus some goodies, and DR half/bludgeoning~

Thurbane
2017-08-24, 11:06 PM
So for my current character I would like some more dex but I don't know where to get it from. I want a template that gives a bonus to dex but not a penalty to str. A penalty to Con would not be the end of the world because I could just pick up arctic from drag mag.

also all sources are allowed, but no super cheese, ok?

late thing, NO UNSEELIE FEY! I don't want to super muscly chain wielding tripper to be some sort of farie thingy, they are as bad as those darn tree hugging elves, lets see how they like it when I chop down their tree!:smalltongue:

Presumably you're looking for something that can be applied to a humanoid, and with as little LA as possible?

Crake
2017-08-24, 11:14 PM
I just wanna nitpick and say that unseelie fey doesn't necessary mean happy carefree pretty faerie thing. It can also mean unholy nightmare abomination. Unseelie fey can be ffffffffffffffffffff****ed up. (https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dungeonsdragons/images/5/5e/Ff_Feytouched.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120422044425) (look at that ugly ****)

Baby Gary
2017-08-24, 11:14 PM
Presumably you're looking for something that can be applied to a humanoid, and with as little LA as possible?

yes, I should have put that in the OP, will do that now

ShurikVch
2017-08-25, 02:17 PM

also all sources are allowed, but no super cheese, ok?It's depends on what's you count as "super cheese".

For example: Bodak Creature, Cauldron Spawn, Ghastly Creature, and Ghoulish Creature are all lacking listed LA - which is, by the RAW, works like LA +0.
Any one of those gives you +4 Dex.
And Undead-specific Ravenous template may give you +2 more Dex, and lacks listed LA too

Shadow-Walker (Unapproachable East): +2 Dex for +1 LA

Obah-Blessed (Dungeon #136): +4 Dex for +2 LA (with 2 extra arms), or +6 Dex for +3 LA (with 4 extra arms)

Wendigo (Fiend Folio) gets +8 Dex, and sample creature have LA +4

Also, not a templates, but still:
Deformity (gaunt) feat gives you +2 Dex/-2 Con
Binding Paimon the Dancer gives you unnamed +4 Dex bonus; you can bind him with 5 levels in Binder (or 3 levels and Improved Binding feat)

Zombulian
2017-08-25, 02:32 PM
You could always take the Willing Deformity (HoH) and Deformity [Gaunt] (EE) feats. Nets you +3 to Intimidate +2 to Escape Artist, +2 Dex, and -2 Con.
If you devote yourself to an Elder Evil, I'm pretty sure you can get these feats for free too.

JNAProductions
2017-08-25, 02:43 PM
I don't think LA- is the same as LA +0.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-25, 02:47 PM
I don't think LA- is the same as LA +0.
It isn't, but unlisted LA acts as "no change to LA", which is LA +0 for PHB races. I think ShurikVch was saying they lacked "LA --" entries, making them technically legal.

This index has a lot of template info in one place. (http://storm-shelter.minmaxforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=74unneehr88i6klsv6r0m6op81&topic=124.0)

chimaeraUndying
2017-08-25, 02:48 PM
For only +2 LA you, too, can become the most horrifying person in the room: a Wendigo (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/wendigo.shtml).

Your cannibalistic trouble gets you a delightful pile of goodies, including but not limited to:

120' fly speed with perfect maneuverability
Deflection bonus to AC equal to CHA mod
Cold immunity, fire vulnerability
At-will wind walk
Ability score increases of Str +4, Dex +8, Con +4, Wis +2, Cha +4

And a bunch of abilities that basically let you pick someone and ruin their entire life, gradually driving them to the brink of madness and beyond until they crack and become just like you (or you eat them, either way).

Anxe
2017-08-25, 02:49 PM
Winged Template from Savage Species gives +4 Dex for +2 LA. +2 Wis and a Fly speed as well.