PDA

View Full Version : Vigilantes Assemble! 'nuff said

Darius
2017-08-24, 06:35 PM
Greetings True Believers...OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?533727-Vigilantes-Assemble!-nuff-said-OOC).

Some common knowledge about the 'world' your heroes live in are as follows:
1) The Crusaders are and always have been the primary band of heroes in Center City (Think Chicago). They consist of Manta-Man, their leader, with devices for water breathing, flight, paralysis, and lightning control; Evergreen, the mystic plantwoman who animates and controls vegetation; Blizzard, a young new hero with Ice and Vibratory powers; Dreamweaver, the mistress of illusion; Enforcer, a super-powered secret agent; and finally, Laserfire, a hero with flame power and light control.

2) The headquarters of the Crusaders is called the Crusader Citadel - situated in the top four floors of the Harmon Building at the corner of Lake and Center streets in downtown Center City. It is heavily guarded by advance automatic defensive systems and contains the launch platform for the Crusaders' mini-space shuttle as well as the TEACHER computer system, a near-sentient computer of ultra-advanced design (think J.A.R.V.I.S. in Iron Man).

3) There are no other heroes in the land that you are aware of at this time.

4) There is a group of arch-foes to the Crusaders known as the Crushers - a loose confederation of many individual villains who have cause to hate the Crusaders for one reason or another. This, along with their greed and other methods to grab power, has the Crusher membership constantly expanding and changing.

The Hook:
The Crusaders are the preeminent superhero team. After an upswing in super-crime, the Crusaders put out the call that they're going to grow their ranks to combat this unprecedented amount of violence in the city. The Crusaders are fully deputized crime-fighters, and that sure beats going it alone: sanction, liability and health insurance!

The Crusaders are located on the top floors of the city's most beautiful and high-tech skyscraper. Despite the building's actual name (The Harmon Building), it's known to everyone as Crusader Citadel. Within the Citadel is the world's most advanced AI, named TEACHER. On the roof of the Citadel is the hanger for the Crusader's fan-in-wing, high-speed VTOL plane.

You've put in your application and you've gotten the nod! Today at noon is when you come down to demonstrate your powers and be interviewed by Manta-Man, the leader. The other members are household names, too: Evergreen, with mystic control over plant life; Blizzard, with powers over ice and cold; Dreamweaver has illusory powers; Enforcer, a super-powered secret agent; and finally, Laserfire, a hero with flame power and light control. .

Up until now, super-crime has been the occurrence of one-off villains, but this new upswing in violence is being attributed to the "Crushers," a loose confederation of criminals with a constantly changing membership. They have been all but impossible to track down (as a "group"), and for those who have been captured, their successful prosecution has been elusive (released on technicalities, very low sentences, or outright escape).

Today's your day to make a difference! So, you trek to the Harmon Building to meet the Crusaders and apply for membership in their prestigious group. You all happen to arrive at about the same time outside the Harmon Building.

Celticbear
2017-08-24, 09:24 PM
MakeShift, or Maxwell as he would prefer to be called, stays away from the crowd. He doesn't make conversation, he doesn't even make eye contact. He just wants to atone for the short time he was used as a weapon of mass destruction.

jerichodrumm
2017-08-25, 10:08 AM
As Steve approached the Citadel he craned his neck and gave a look at his destination and let out a long whistle.
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/7/7d/BaxterBuilding_main.jpg

"Damn! That is one impressive piece of engineering!" The former roughneck was used to impressive structures, those standing in large bodies of water anyway. But he had read in Supertech Monthly that the Skyscraper not only had a full hanger for VTOL but was fully automated.

He jogged across the busy streets and arrived in front of the Lobby of the Harmon Building where he noticed others had gathered. Many were wearing colorful costumes and spandex. He looked down at his denim on denim ensemble and his well worn steel-toed work boots. "Somebody shoulda told me this party was black tie! I mighta dressed for the occasion!"

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/herofhire/spike2_zps0f2yy3lu.jpg

WMO?
2017-08-25, 03:27 PM
Boris overhears this comment and smiles. "It's hard to look out of place when no one quite looks like anyone else," he replies, offering a handshake that glistens darkly, complex patterns rippling over the surface at irregular intervals.

"I don't even have eyeballs!" he jokes, his slight Eastern European accent turning the v's almost into f's. "Nice to meet you, I am Dr. Boris Kerkovsky, but I hope that my hero name will be NANO-man. Who are you?"

jerichodrumm
2017-08-25, 06:00 PM
Steve regarded the hand for a moment and then took it. "Nice to meetcha Doc! Err NANO...Spike! You can call me Spike. He glanced around. "Guess I'm not the only Weirdo with the same idea."

Darius
2017-08-25, 09:27 PM
Inside the Harmon Building...

http://architectureimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/modern-futuristic-building-lobby-mirrors-edge-architecture-futurist-blue-future-interior-full-hd-1080p-background.jpg

As those assembled meet each other for the first time, you head inside the futuristic and spacious lobby of the Harmon Building. Once inside, you find a security station with a uniformed guard at his post and a receptionist sits behind a desk. However, it is clear that the standard means of entrance into the Citadel is via a special elevator within the lobby as it is marked as such with various images of the Crusaders in action or striking heroic poses adorn the wall along side the elevator.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/0/6539/398038-18446-manta-man.jpg
Manta-Man

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/8842/1782966-evergreen.jpg
Evergreen

https://wiki.rpg.net/images/1/1c/Blizzard.jpg
Blizzard

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/herofhire/freedomforce/dreamweaver_zps06411715.jpg
Dreamweaver

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/8842/1782993-enforcer.jpg
Enforcer

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/8842/1782641-laserfire.jpg
Laserfire

You approach and enter the elevator; once inside you push the stylized "C" on the floor selection panel. You then hear a message, played through a hidden speaker:

"...is a recording. All Crusader personnel are currently involved in individual assignments and the Citadel is closed; TEACHER is on full security alert until our return. If you have important business, please feel free to use the red courtesy phone in the Harmon Building lobby or call our toll free number 1-800-CRU-SADE, and TEACHER will relay your message or aid you in contacting the proper authorities. No prank calls please. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience our absence may cause. Thank you...<click>

Celticbear
2017-08-26, 07:19 PM
Typical, mutters Maxwell. He starts to gravitate towards the crowd.

Devilfish
2017-08-26, 09:52 PM
"Somebody shoulda told me this party was black tie!"

http://i64.tinypic.com/io1201.jpg

"I wouldn't sweat it," Firecracker said in passing as he adjusted his black tie.

His heels clicked neatly for a few steps until a tiny color burst erupted from the back of his shoe, sending him gliding forward as though on an invisible rollerblade. He arced back around to Spike and the good doctor, offering a drive-by fist-bump to each.
(The fist bumps also erupt into tiny color bursts)

* * *Inside* * *

Firecracker pocketed his hands and marveled at the technology looming all around them. He slid his fingers along a rail, losing himself for but a moment until the elevator's automated announcement.

"Hey, HEY! What is this?" he demands of no one in particular. He finds himself aside Maxwell. "Typical is right, pal... You'd think they weren't taking us seriously."

jerichodrumm
2017-08-27, 10:17 AM
A few moments ago
Spike fist-bumped the colorful newcomer and sighed as he looked around regarding the group. "Well, more than I expected, but less than I had hoped for."

Inside
Spike crossed his arms and slumped against the wall. "A phone call woulda been nice...or a text. I understand emergencies, but I don't like having my time wasted."

tonberryking
2017-08-27, 01:25 PM
It's saying something when a teleportation isn't the most attention grabbing entrance around the Harmon Building, but it causes something of a brief stir for the sheer appearance as a lightning bolt cracks the clear skies and deposits a slim blue form a few feet away from a gaggle of guests. However, the figure who appears in a little bolt of lightning flash is hardly anything to write home about: she's a gangly twig of a girl with a bulbous helmet and a mostly blue ensemble homemade costume. Frankly, she looks shabby; her black hair even sparks a little from static as she pats it down, making her look sloppy, too.

"..Oh jeez... Auntie never said this many people would sh-show up." She stammers, her mask hiding any expression but she pantomimes near perfectly her anxiety with wringing hands and a twitchy posture. She hastily tries to make her way into the building, settling in behind a group of guys including someone with a mask similar to hears but far more classy. "Oh, um, hi, my name is Blu--

"--Hey! it's that kid, Knight Bulb!!!" someone in the crowd jeers, masking whatever name she had picked for herself.

". . ."

"Knight Bulb" doesn't say much after that. She'd rather not contradict anybody, especially with all the butterflies in her stomach, and the fear that she may let slip who she is (and worse, who her father was.) Nobody knows Storm Eagle's (other) kid is trying to make a name for herself, and if it has to be that silly name, then so be it. She may have purposely thunked her helmet on the side of the elevator, but hopefully the boys in the elevator with her are polite enough not to mention it... She only pipes in after the elevator's PA delivers its message.

"Um... are we stuck in the elevator until they get back?"

WMO?
2017-08-27, 01:39 PM
"Perhaps we should leave a message?" NANO-man suggests, pulling out his cell phone. He dials the 1-800 number and sets his phone to speaker so that everyone can chime in.

"Hello, my name is NANO-man, applying to join the Crusaders to fight this growing crime spree. I have superspeed and strength, enhanced senses, a devitalization ray, a number of other abilities and I am an accomplished nanotech researcher. I am here with others who have showed up to volunteer, but no one is here to interview us." With that, he looks up expectantly at the others, extending his phone out to them as an offering to give their own application.

I'm assuming we have cellphones rather than being in a sort of timeless 1950s superhero tech level, but if we don't I'll change this

Devilfish
2017-08-27, 05:11 PM
"Oh, um, hi, my name is Blu--

Hm? Firecracker glanced over his shoulder into the crowd behind him

http://i.imgur.com/YevXv5a.png

Huh.
Must've been my imagination.

* * * Inside * * *

Firecracker gently reaches out for NANO-Man's phone. He c.ocks his head to the side, and closes it shut.

"You, Doc, are an accomplished nano-scientist.

"And you two are about as built as Thomas the Tank Engine!

"And YOU,--" he pauses a tic, finally noticing Carie. "Hey, great costume, kid," he adds with a thumbs up that send off a flare.

"And we, do not leave messages and wait around!" He finally hands Dr. Kerkovsky back his phone. "Let's see about getting seen. Today."

Darius
2017-08-27, 10:48 PM
As the connection to the 1-800 number is made, the team hears,

This is TEACHER - thank you for calling the Crusaders. At the sound of the tone, relate all relevant information. Be advised that you will undergo voice and psycho-inflectional analysis...all irrelevant calls will be discontinued. After relating the information, stand by for analysis and response. Do not hang up if response is desired. BLEEP.

The team members speak into the phone. When everyone is done, approximately ten seconds pass and the phone disconnects. Perplexed because a reply was expected, the team calls back using the red phone at the receptionist desk. The message is the same...

This is TEACHER - thank you for calling the Crusaders. At the sound of the tone, relate all relevant information. Be advised that you will undergo voice and psycho-inflectional analysis...all irrelevant calls will be discontinued. After relating the information, stand by for analysis and response. Do not hang up if response is desired. BLEEP.

As the assembled team stand around deciding what to do, a van from CCTV (the local television station) drives up and parks outside the front door of the Harmon Building. A beautiful woman emerges from the van, and she helps her crew prepare. The team recognizes the ace TV reporter as the woman who has covered the Crusaders' heroics. She enters the lobby, followed by her camera crew. They proceed to the Crusaders' elevator, passing right by all of you, and the reporter signals to one of her men and points at your group.

The crew member approaches, smiles, and speaks to the team, "Hello, Jessica would like you all to stick around so she can get a statement." He doesn't wait for a reply as he turns to join the crew at work. You notice that the reporter and her team at the elevator door has activated the recording from Manta-Man. The reporter arranges her crew and tapes the following report:

I'm here in the lobby of the Harmon Building, Ed, and all seems unnaturally peaceful. The Crusaders are out of town once again, and neither the roar of their mini space shuttle nor the sounds of super-powered conflict have been heard here in Center City for almost a week. But this is not because the city is peaceful - rather, it signals the go-ahead for the most terrifying crimewave ever to sweep this metropolis.

The Crushers, long-time foes of the Crusaders, prance almost unopposed through our fair community. Already they have assaulted and nearly demolished two businesses dealing in high technology, carting off truckloads of components to an unknown destination for some unguessable purpose.

The police have been unable to stop this band of marauders, said to consist of six known Crushers: the armored F.I.S.T., Temper, the brutish Bull, the Shrew, the Vulture, and the Mercury Mercenary.

No other Crushers have been seen at these break-ins, but at least four other known Crushers are believed to be on the loose, including the Mocker - their primary mastermind.

An the break-ins continue. Detective Victor Broyko of the Center City Police Force urges calm but admits that without help from the Crusaders or some other superhero group, the chances of finally ending this rampage are minimal.

Where are you Crusaders? The city needs you. Jessica Anderson, CCTV, at the Crusader Citadel.

After being told she is 'clear', Anderson approaches your group and says, "Hello, my name is Jessica Anderson, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?"

Assuming the affirmative, she continues - zeroing in on Carie in particular: "You clearly are metahuman and superheroes - what are your superhero names and abilities?"

She continues after those that wish to answer her - "And what brings you here to the Citadel?"

Anderson doesn't seem impressed by Spike as she most likely assumes that he is a civilian 'mugging' for the camera for his 15 minutes of fame. In fact, she completely ignores him. She also gives NANO-Man a wide berth and rolls her eyes at Firecracker's antics.

tonberryking
2017-08-28, 11:27 PM
"Knight Bulb" flinches like the victim of a whipping at Ms. Anderson's approach. The scrutiny wilts her, even though her face cannot be seen, and it takes a long, awkward moment for her to respond.

"Um, well, I have, like, electricity powers but... My, that is..my f-family, yes, they want me to legitimize my, career I guess you could say! Please, that camera isn't broadcasting to everywhere, is it?" She moves in one direction and the camera follows, and attempts to give her 'real' superhero name before someone again says "The Kid calls herself Knightbulb!" from somewhere in the room.

How helpful...

"Knight Bulb? Uh... *sigh* I guess that's what they c-call me, but really, I haven't done anything yet. Anything much. I stopped a couple, coupla robots and used my powers to help people but this is my first time away from home. Um... can you p-please interview somebody else?" she looks at her rubber booted feet lamely with that last question.

jerichodrumm
2017-08-29, 09:41 AM
Spike nonchalantly saunters out of the camera's view and let his more colorful new friends take the brunt of the newscaster's questions.

Devilfish
2017-08-29, 10:14 PM
"It's not for everyone," Firecracker offers as Spike passes by. "But sometimes it's worth a try. After all... ya never know who might be watching."

After Spike leaves, Firecracker slips seamlessly forward into his place. He smirks at the adorable scene of Knight Bulb at the reporters' center of attention, along with her homemade costume and adorably shy mannerisms. He wonders how old she actually is. He wonders if...

The camera pans to him.

"Oh,me?"
"Violent explosions leak out of my body from every exposed surface.
"Everywhere.
"And my superpower" he laughs, giving a wink and finger-gun, "is making them look good!"

He throws his hands up, launching invisible motes overhead that are about to explode fantastically. Jessica Anderson might not care for him; but a good showman knows the real audience is the camera, and the viewers at home!

FIRECRACKER!
http://oi66.tinypic.com/334ryg1.jpg

He holds his pose for a second or two until the thunderous sound is gone the lights return to normal. He already knows the next part.

And I'm here because...

...Don't you dare mention her, Kurt.

"And I'm here because when the city needs us, that's what heroes do!" he concludes.

Expending 1 Power to put set off a light show (non-blinding flash)
Rolling charisma to effect my appearance on camera, regardless of what Jessica Anderson thinks of me.
[roll0] (+Fireworks bonus, if any :smalltongue: )

Darius
2017-08-29, 10:55 PM
The people inside dive for cover and the security guard comes over to the group. "Um...I'm going to ask you to refrain from whatever that was, and there is no smoking in the building."

Anderson rolls her eyes at Firecracker and is overheard saying, "We can edit that out in post..."

She then recovers and says, "So, do you intend to take on the Crushers?"

Jessica Anderson listens to answers and is polite. She follows up with, "Do you intend on contacting Detective Broyko and work with him to investigate the break-ins at Newtronics and Bennett Software?"

WMO?
2017-08-29, 11:39 PM
"Yes, we are keen to help the city and do it in the official manner! I am NANO-man, with an array of technological abilities at the disposal of defeating the Crushers."

Darius
2017-08-30, 05:43 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eWeZv2DtLUU/TX6Qra4eiEI/AAAAAAAAAVA/8iSHaj7tjgE/s1600/Jessica+Anderson.png

Anderson listens to the team and says, "Good, I know that the public and police will be relieved that we can expect some super human assistance in dealing with this meta-threat. Although the Crusaders' current assignments are secret, and they went through normal channels to alert the authorities I am surprised that they have not shown up to help in Texas to provide relief and rescue from the hurricane. Do you care to comment on the possibility that the storm system may have been the result of meddling by Stormlord, the British weather controlling villain and Crusher?"

Jessica listens to any response and then says, "Great, thanks for the scoop." She reaches into her pocket and offers up a card to Carie saying, "Here is my card. Keep me posted on any action you may be taking or leads you have. I am certain that we can scratch each other's backs here. For instance, I can help with your image as it looks like you are new to this sort of thing. My first bit of advice is change the name. Is there something you would rather be called than Knight Bulb?"

"Great, (insert name here), I will put a voice over there in post, and the public will soon forget that whole Knight Bulb thing - especially when you take down the Crushers." Anderson winks to Carie at that last statement. She addresses the group, "Thank you all for taking the time. I don't want to keep you as I am sure that Detective Broyko at Center City Station is in need of a little help. Good luck."

Jessica smiles and turns toward the men that came with her and tells her crew, "Let's pack up and head back so we can get this in the 6 o'clock." The crew does just that and Jessica waves one last time before entering the van. Once the van is loaded, it drives away, leaving the team to their own devices. The key question is, "What now?"

Celticbear
2017-08-30, 09:42 PM
Thank goodness the reporter woman didn't Maxwell, standing near the back of the group. If he had been recognized... he needed to get a more positive image before he became public.

jerichodrumm
2017-08-31, 09:29 AM
SPIKE

After the reporter left Steve stepped back towards the odd group. "The Crushers...Hmmm.
Maybe this Broyko can give us the lowdown on those guys?"

WMO?
2017-08-31, 03:56 PM
"Yes, it seems like that is the place to go to make sure we are coordinating with the city authorities. I am interested in fighting crime this way, but I don't know if the rest of you want such a close relationship. Who will come along to speak to him with Spike and I?" NANO-man looks at the others with a pleasant and expectant smile.

Devilfish
2017-08-31, 10:21 PM
"I don't mind coming along at all," Firecracker shook NANO-Man's firmly. "Except I do have somewhere very important to be at 3:30," he adds, and you can almost feel him wink beneath his helmet.

Darius
2017-09-01, 01:11 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lL_kkzwH9Lw/TX6Qxggg5EI/AAAAAAAAAVE/tlPkOsHQhRw/s1600/Broyko.png

The group decides that their next move is to travel to Central City Police Department to contact Detective Broyko. At the station, the desk sergeant takes one look at the costumes and makes a phone call. Soon a man in a trench coat appears and introduces himself as Detective Broyko. He then ushers the team through a secure door, hall, and then a room. On the wall of the room is a large board festooned with photos of several metahumans and a few buildings.

"Thank you for coming. I am assembling the CCPD's Crusher Task Force as we speak." He turns to NANO-man and says, "Center City appreciates you and your team, NANO-Man. We have had little luck matching the type of firepower they can bring. The CCPD has primarily just has been picking up the pieces."

Broyko points at some of the pictures on the wall. "While we wait for the rest of the team, I should bring you up to speed." He points at a picture, "This is Victor Tuttle, the Vulture. He had synthetic avian appendages surgically grafted to his body. As you can see he has wings and talons."
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588356561b10e356f52c8613/t/592020e486e6c00e63e89901/1495277802174/enforcer.jpg

"The Bull is 'Big Bill' Buckford, a psychotic physical juggernaut. He is known to become mindlessly enraged by the sight of the color red. He is a killer."
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588356561b10e356f52c8613/t/592020a38419c21224dfbf9f/1495277736737/

"F.I.S.T. - short for Flying Infantry Shock Trooper armor. Frank Streeter - the guy inside that super suit - was a self-employed inventor of electronic components; but when Newtronics stole the patent from him for several devices to be used by the U.S. miliary and incorporated them into their Flying Infantry Shock Trooper armor, Streeter sabotaged their project, stole the prototype suit, and secretly rebuilt it himself. The suit of stolen armor was developed with jet boots, life support, and augmented strength, plus a power blast device. Now as F.I.S.T. Streeter standardly carries out vendetta missions against the U.S. miliary."
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588356561b10e356f52c8613/t/59201fbde4fcb5d14735af0e/1495277504507/Evergreen.jpg

"Mercury Mercenary (or Merc) has heightened speed and is an expert in modern weapons. He deserves his reputation of being totally ruthless and merciless. His true identity is unknown...apparently even to himself."
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588356561b10e356f52c8613/t/59201fcad2b8575b63f9c78a/1495277516496/Condor.jpg

"Shiela Brewster is the Shrew, a very tough female boxer. She is reputed to be a drug addict."
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a8/0b/8f/a80b8fd264acc2dcc766559677dfbca5--female-boxing-mobsters.jpg

"This guy goes by Temper. Temper's identity and actual powers are unknown, but he seems to be able to instill berserk rage in his opponents. He took down a SWAT team as they started to attack each other when in his presence. The surviving members that were victims of this control reported that they felt emotionally drained."
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588356561b10e356f52c8613/t/5920619b1e5b6ca6060a967f/1495294369266/Evergreen.jpg

WMO?
2017-09-01, 01:42 AM
"Quite a formidable bunch! But who is this team we wait for?"

Darius
2017-09-01, 01:44 AM
By the time Broyko is done with the dossiers of the Crushers, the task force is fully assembled. He continues, "Good Afternoon, these individuals that have joined me are NANO-Man's team. I feel that with their abilities that we have a chance to thwart their next caper." Broyko refers to the images of the buildings. "The Crushers have hit Bennett Software and Newtronics. Our experts have calculated the next likely target to be that of Manning Enterprises. We have arranged for an ambush to take place there...tonight, too, if the Crushers continue to follow the same schedule. Secrecy is of the utmost importance. Since we don't want to tip our hand with our super back-up with NANO-Man and his crew, I have struck a deal with the press. The price is that TV lady - Jessica Anderson - will be given full access to the ambush and will be at the ambush site for exclusive coverage. Anderson will be with one of three SWAT teams at hidden positions around the building. The SWAT teams will not move until I give the signal. After our last run-in, I would prefer to keep my men for mop-up duties as I don't want them to get killed."

jerichodrumm
2017-09-01, 10:52 AM
SPIKE

Spike elbowed NANO-man and grinned as they referred to them all as his team. "At least if we pooch this, we'll know who to blame." he jibed jokingly.

When the Detective announced that the Lady Reporter would be on the scene of the ambush Steve gave a pained grimace. "Well, can't see anything going wrong with *that* idea!"

Celticbear
2017-09-01, 11:17 AM
Ugh. Civilians. Makeshift Maxwell rolls his eyes.

Gotta stop calling myself that. mutters Maxwell.

Devilfish
2017-09-01, 03:32 PM
"I always did want to pose as a team," Firecracker jokes in whisper to Spike, giving them all collectively a knowing nod.

He listens to Broyko's account, and gives a long whistle. "What they'e after must be pretty important to them, if they're sending 6 super-bruisers for it.

"Detective, the press doesn't let on to know much. All this high technology... Do you have any leads on what they're building with this?"

((If not: "NANO-man," he announces in the best superhero voice he could muster, "As our brilliant leader and man-of-science, what do you make of what's been taken?"))

Darius
2017-09-01, 11:03 PM
Broyko listens to the suggestion and says, "We thought the same thing, so we have reached out to both Manning Enterprises and also Dr. Ernst Patrovich - the brain behind TEACHER. We have yet to hear back from Patrovich, but the head of Manning Enterprises, J.B. Curtis, has agreed to cooperate fully with my request. Mr. Curtis..."

All eyes turn to a middle aged man dressed in a neat suit that is most likely worth more than an entire month of Broyko's salary. "Thank you, Detective. Although I am a bit reluctant that it is not the Crusaders that I am allowing free reign, but I know that our founder - Carter Manning - has aided the Crusaders in the past with our technological aid. In was our designs that developed their hovercar and the mini space shuttle they use. I am very reluctant to share intimate knowledge with, with, newcomers rather than the Crusaders themselves - especially with Manta-Man always stalking around as if he owned the place. It would have been nice of him to aid in protecting Manning Enterprises; but, desperate times...I am sure I speak for Mr. Manning, Manning Enterprises President as he is away on vacation and cannot be reached at the moment." He sighs and composes himself. He gives Broyko a jump drive and the detective plugs it into a the side of a large screen television. Images come up on the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/7nAH1Hp.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/uD0LOSp.jpg?1
"We have pulled the night shift security and cleaning crews. These are the schematics of Manning Enterprises." Using a laser pointer, Curtis indicates CM and EE. "This is the computer lab and the electronics lab. Please stay away from the High Energy Lab (HE) as it contains radioactive materials. We have two security monitoring stations. (SM) In fact, I must insist with as little property damage as possible be caused."

WMO?
2017-09-02, 11:38 PM
"Are you at all concerned about Patrovich's absence? He is renowned and his expertise is unmatched in AI and other advanced technologies. If he were to fall into the hands of the Crushers and they could coerce him into putting his abilities to work for them, that would be a disaster greater than any one-time theft of even Manning tech." Surveying the response, NANO-man asks, "Do we have time to check on him before setting up this ambush?"

Darius
2017-09-02, 11:47 PM
Broyko says to NANO-Man, "Although you have a point, we cannot wait for Dr. Patrovich. We have reached out to him, and I am sure he will contact us when he can. As you mentioned, he is the leading expert in AI technology and thus is in high demand."

ooc: Sorry I had to put links for the maps. Perhaps someone who is better at tech than I could put them up? I am no Dr. Patrovich. :smallfrown:

Devilfish
2017-09-03, 01:46 PM
SPIKE

"Hmmm....They have some flyers. But not enough to carry everyone? So they probably won't come through the roof. I suggest we have someone on the stairs, and someone centrally located on the 1st floor. Easy access to various areas and the warehouse in case they go there. Since you specifically pointed out the Computer and electronics rooms, maybe people in those? We should probably get some police radios so we can stay in touch with SWAT and each other."

"Us flyers don't like closed spaces," Firecracker weighs in. "'Course if it were me... look here. There's 2 loading doors in the warehouse at the back of the building. Discrete. Easy. It's where I'd hit, if I wanted a place for my bruisers to punch through and give my flyers some room."

"We could play zone as you say, Spike," he thinks for a moment... and a smile breaks into his voice. "But I like the idea of an all-on-one ambush. Figure out what they're after and hit them hard before they get it. After all, we know who they are and where they might be coming. They don't have a clue about us!"

WMO?
2017-09-03, 02:48 PM
"If the High Energy lab is a danger, it will be a tempting target for distraction." NANO-man looks over to Knight Bulb (What an unfortunate name, it doesn't seem to be what she wants...) Perhaps you can position yourself there, to make sure they do not attack it. If no attack there is forthcoming, it is in close proximity to the electronics lab, so you will be able to act as a reserve force to the initial ambush."

Darius
2017-09-03, 07:36 PM
Detective Broyko says, "I will get you all S.W.A.T. radios that will have ear pieces and throat mics so you can have your hands or whatever else you need to use, free. Anything else you need?"

jerichodrumm
2017-09-03, 08:23 PM
"Us flyers don't like closed spaces," Firecracker weighs in. "'Course if it were me... look here. There's 2 loading doors in the warehouse at the back of the building. Discrete. Easy. It's where I'd hit, if I wanted a place for my bruisers to punch through and give my flyers some room."

"We could play zone as you say, Spike," he thinks for a moment... and a smile breaks into his voice. "But I like the idea of an all-on-one ambush. Figure out what they're after and hit them hard before they get it. After all, we know who they are and where they might be coming. They don't have a clue about us!"

"I am all for an all in ambush...if we could accurately predict where they are coming in. Otherwise one they see there is no security on site they are gonna smell somethin is up. I don't buy going in through the warehouse if they want something upstairs. Zone defense covers our bases."

OOC: Plus I am from Syracuse...where the Zone is King!

GravityEmblem
2017-09-03, 09:53 PM
I approach the enormous building in front of me. This is the time, I think. I walk up to the door and open it.

OOC: Well, I'm new. My superhero is named Draco Knight, and has reptilian powers from a mystic gem. This is my first active play-by-post game, and I'm very excited!

Inside the structure, I attempt to find the room where the heroes were intended to meet.

Darius
2017-09-03, 11:28 PM
Detective Broyko nods and several S.W.A.T. technicians come forward - strapping a collar-like device around each of your necks and gives each of you a ear piece. You hear, "Com check," in your ear. "Channel 3 - go for coms - state your call sign."

ooc: It would be helpful if you tell me where you are going to be. The maps have letters on the y-axis and numbers on the x-axis.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-04, 12:56 AM
I apologize, I don't actually know where the maps are in perspective to the me and the other characters. Also, I actually included some appearence data on the OOC thread, but it might be a little hard to use.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-04, 01:01 AM
Ok, Imagine the Volga concept art http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Volga but instead of the helmet thing, he has a cape and wings.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-04, 01:05 AM
I walk into room VP. "My name's Draco Knight. I'm here to apply to the crusaders. Is this the right room?

Darius
2017-09-04, 07:03 PM
A temporal time shift occurs as a flood of dejavu assaults your psyche. A temporary re-wind brings Draco Knight up to speed during a quick montage of the story thus far:

1) The heroes assembled were invited to Crusader Citadel for prospective employment in the Crusaders.
2) When the team arrived, there was no one from the Crusaders to greet them or give them guidance of what to do.
3) They tried the elevator and phone numbers only to get a strange message from TEACHER the AI designed by Dr. Patrovich that is used to help filter emergencies for the super team.
4) While wondering what to do, the team witnessed Jessica Anderson from Center City TV give a report that the Crusaders have been missing and the Crushers (their enemies) have been running amok - stealing various components from hi-tech companies.
5) Anderson interviewed the team and offered up the intelligence to visit the head of the Crusher Crimewave Taskforce, Detective Broyko.
6) The team headed to Center City Police HQ and is there now with the rest of the hopeful new Crusaders.
7) The Taskforce believes that the next place that the Crushers will hit is Manning Enterprises.
8) JB Curtis, president of Manning Enterprises is present and working with the Taskforce to set up an ambush. All personnel has been evacuated, and he has supplied schematics of the building.
9) There are two stations where security can monitor the building at the stations (for security reasons and time, the feeds cannot be patched remotely) - these are SM on the maps.
10) The Computer Lab (CM), and the Electronics Lab (EE) are the probable targets.

http://i.imgur.com/7nAH1Hp.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/uD0LOSp.jpg?1

11) S.W.A.T. has loaned the team throat mic/earbud radios so that they and the team can be in contact with one another.
12) Det. Broyko, Jessica Anderson (in a deal to keep the ambush and her report off the air in exchange for this scoop), and S.W.A.T. will be on stand by - but for 'mop-up' purposes only

A tinge of a headache assaults you as you are brought back to reality when your ear-bud chirps again, "...repeat - call signs for personnel on Operation Ambush, over."

GravityEmblem
2017-09-04, 08:22 PM
I signal my call sign, then I turn around to face the team. "There are two rooms that are likely to be targeted first, right? I say we split as evenly as possible to guard them. Three of us will monitor the electronics room, the other four will take the other one. When the criminals attack, the heros in the room will call the other heros for backup, with one hero staying behind in case of a double ruse. Sound good? Sheild, Firecracker, you with me?"

WMO?
2017-09-04, 11:34 PM
"That sounds wise, Draco Knight. I will be in the other team." Touching his earbud to activate the radio, NANO-man says "Callsign Nano, equipment check."

GravityEmblem
2017-09-05, 07:59 AM
"All right, then, looks like we're protecting the Electronics room." I tell Sheild and Firecracker.

jerichodrumm
2017-09-05, 09:06 AM
SPIKE

Steve stakes out the main hallway intersection on the 1st floor and gives his callsign into the radio. <<Spike here...radio check...check.>> He then leans up against the wall and begins the long process of waiting.

OOC: Location M11

GravityEmblem
2017-09-05, 10:50 AM
I walk towards the electronics room, beckoning for my team to follow.

OOC: Location BB 5

tonberryking
2017-09-05, 11:19 PM
Knight Bulb was pulled away into the group before she could offer a replacement name over her current goofy one. Poor Kid. She just can't seem to get in an edge word-wise, even when NANO-Man questions her.

"Um... Actually, I ..that is... I can control machinery if I have to. If any dangerous devices get activated I could try to turn them off without hurting anything." she taps the side of her bulbous helmet, remembering something. "Oh yeah, there's also the fact I can teleport pretty much anywhere in the facility... So, um.. I can be on standby to help anywhere. ...I think. But, um, can I go use the bathroom--No! I mean, can I
go into the ladies room so I can put on the radio with my helmet off?"

Little surprise she just follows orders from there on out, heading to the others to the Electronics lab, and trying to stay out of sight as best as she can in an all blue outfit in what its probably a sterile while lab.

OOC: Location: EE (Unless people want her at one of the SM locations because she can just see where the ambush is and teleport there)

Devilfish
2017-09-06, 05:23 AM
"Helter Skelter, checking in" Firecracker comes over the radio, very convinced it is not a bomb or mind control device. I saw Battle Royal, you can't fool me.

"Think I'll leave the up-close-and-personal stuff to you fellas. I'll take watch by the stairs <Y10, 1st floor>, give me some range to work with and keep an eye on other entrances.

"Spike's right; if we all stay inside the rooms, they're just diverging on us. Keeping an eye on where they might come in will give us the drop on them.

"Speaking of ambushes, Mr. Curtis. We might have a better chance with some uniforms to blend in as civilians." He turns to Draco Knight, who was there the whole time. "Most of us anyway."

"Plain-clothes would help," he begins as a second thought comes to him "...would you have any other technologies, to assist us in our mission?"

Firecracker checks his watch again. He does have a very important place to be at 3:30!
EDIT: ((OOC: So it is, Gravity Emblem! Corrections made))

GravityEmblem
2017-09-06, 04:08 PM
It's Draco Knight, Devilfish.

Darius
2017-09-06, 05:27 PM
JB Curtis responds to Firecracker's idea: "There are Manning Enterprises lab coats in each of the labs, and our security uniforms are in the locker room on the first floor." He points to SL on the lower left hand corner of the first floor. He looks around at the group to see if there is anything else that is needed.

The team loads in the back of one of the S.W.A.T. vehicles of the mobile command truck. Even at this early evening hour, it seems later because the skies are dark with storm clouds. As the team disembarks, the rain has begins and splatters on the windshield. By the time the team has arrived, it is a steady rain. The group pulls into a nearby warehouse and the rest of the police convoy enters as well. The doors are shut and snipers leave to take up overwatch positions. Broyko seems pleased as he says, "This may work to our advantage. Civilians will stay indoors, and it will provide cover for us."

Video feeds start to come online one-by-one. Curtis gives the team lanyards with keycards attached to them. "These should get you where you need to go. I expect to get them ALL back!"

The teams get into position.

We roll initiative by rolling a d10 and adding it onto our Agility score. So, Knight Bulb would roll d10+13. Then, you go from highest to lowest with the following in mind: Draco Knight (and Turbo Charge if he is used) has Heightened Speed. Ironically, both have +23 to their initiative. So, DK would have 15 (Agility) + 23 (HSpd) + 1d10 or 39-48.

A caveat is that one may go multiple times a turn. Each turn is broken down into 15 phase increments. So, if DK rolls an 8, he would go on 46, 31, 16, and 1. This would guarantee that he would go twice before KB would take her first action. That is fast! However, an additional 2 Power Points must be taken for each extra action. So, DK would need to spend an additional 6 PP if he took all 4 actions + whatever else power he expended.

So, everyone please roll two things: 1) d100 for Detect Danger and 2) d10 for Initiative

WMO?
2017-09-06, 06:52 PM
NANO-man mentions to Firecracker on the way over, "My friend, it is wise to not look like a civilian. In the law, a fighter should wear a uniform!" However, he lets his companion do what he wants.

Detect Danger:[roll0]
Initiative:[roll1]

tonberryking
2017-09-06, 10:34 PM
Knight Bulb hopes the bathrooms aren't rigged with cameras prior to excusing herself to go put on her comlink, but mostly tries to stay out of the others way until they all take their spots in the lab facilities.

[roll0] [roll1]

GravityEmblem
2017-09-07, 07:49 AM
DracoKnight stretches his arms and wings, readying himself for a fight.

[roll0], [roll1]

Devilfish
2017-09-07, 11:29 AM
Firecracker ***** his head at NANO-man and smirks. "Doc, my man, some fireworks you don't see til the bang! Believe me though," he cracks a knuckle, and a colored spark flies from it, "they're going to be seeing me plenty." He laughs, claps the larger man on the shoulder and considers what he says anyway.

Firecracker checks his watch one more time and grimaces. COLOR="#FF0000"]"Detective Broyko,"[/COLOR] he clears his throat,"I need two hours of preparation before we begin. I assure you I will meet with your men immediately afterwards, and you'll have me in position as necessary."

"See you all at the big show!" he waves over his shoulder as he casually exits from the room.

((Rolls: [roll0] , [roll1] ))
((OOC: Just fluff ahead))

She would be waiting for him.

He had never been late for when they met, and he wasn't about to start now. The moment Firecracker stepped from the building, color bursts erupted from his feet and sent him skyward at 200 miles an hour. Normally he flew along a smooth and controlled firework trail, but in his rush he looked very much like a man trying to sprint with bombs strapped to his feet, which vaulted him forward wildly with ever step. He exploded forward chaotically for two miles and a half, before leveling out straight and disappearing into a subway tunnel.

After twenty minutes of criss-crossing through the city's underground, Kurt Jackson was finally satisfied that nobody had followed him. He'd normally spend 25 minutes at least shaking any would-be followers off his trail, but meeting her on time was the absolute imperative. No more tracks, no more color trails, Kurt got into a very ordinary looking car, swapped out for a very ordinary looking motorcycle helmet, and drove to their very ordinary looking rendezvous point. He composed himself, and sighed a breath of relief as she was just getting there too. It looks like he made it just on time.

"Hey, sweetie!" he warmed his voice. "How was school today?"

Darius
2017-09-09, 02:21 AM
https://imgur.com/UbH4w0H
South

As Makeshift, Spike, and NANO-Man get into position, the radio crackles to life. "This is Overwatch 3. We have movement near your positions - Bull has ripped a telephone pole and is approaching the south entrance with Temper and Shrew. Be aware that FIST and Vulture are approaching from the north from the air. Be ready for...<machine gun fire> Aaarg!"

North
https://imgur.com/Th1YCHb

GravityEmblem
2017-09-11, 08:24 AM
This is still active...right?

jerichodrumm
2017-09-11, 08:51 AM
Spike concentrated and a liquid metal began to seep out of his pores until he was covered from head to toe in shiny metal. He moved to view the southern entrance and braced himself for the inevitable entry of the Crushers.

WMO?
2017-09-11, 04:58 PM
NANO-man says over the radio, "Nano here. The flyers are coming in from the north, cover the windows on that side! It sounds like Merc Merc may have taken the initiative by attacking the peripheral SWAT teams and cut off our backup. I will assist Spike to defeat the southern group. Over."

He feels a thrill of excitement run through him. He's really going to be a superhero! For a life-long lab rat, this is quite a bit of action.

He moves to D13 and positions himself just around the corner, training his eyes on the southern entryway, readying to fire his Devitalization Device at the first target that presents itself.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-11, 06:18 PM
I get in a fighting stance, remembering my training...I couldn't protect my master...so I might as well take down some villains in his memory!
I can't see the map.

Celticbear
2017-09-13, 02:52 PM
Makeshift is silent over the radio. His thoughts are a buzz, but his face doesn't reveal his feelings.

Darius
2017-09-14, 05:06 PM
The doors to the hallway near NANOman and Spike smash open with a well placed kick by Shrew. She is light on her feet and hops about from foot to foot in a boxer's stance. "Good - company. I could use the work out; get ready to be dented, Metalman!" she sneers as she approaches Spike fists up in a defensive posture. A shadow that envelops the doorway is seen behind her which can only mean Bull will soon be entering the fray. NANOman appears an snaps off a blast from his weakening ray that heads straight for the unsuspecting Shrew. [ooc: roll 1d20 - low is good; also roll 3d10 to show the Power loss on a hit - be sure to apply your damage bonus; to-hit is odd as it will be applied to the attack matrix, so please do not add that to your roll.]. Spike reacts after the ranged attack. [ooc: same for you, Spike. Roll your attack and damage.]

The other group hears a rending noise that comes from the ceiling. Sparks fly from the lights in the Electronics Lab ceiling as the very roof seems to be ripped open.

[ooc: KnightBulb's team can see Vulture and FIST ripping open the roof above the Electronics Lab...roll attacks as one sees fit]

Darius
2017-09-14, 11:40 PM
zzzZZZAP! NANOMan's beam flies straight for the Shrew who bobs and weaves out of the ray's path. "Ahh...now this just got better. I may actually work up a little sweat. Nah - not really. Hey Bull - it looks like you get to play, too!"

ooc: A reminder that if you would like to go on other phases, you may do so at the cost of 2 Power Points. Because of the high initiatives you all have, you will most likely have the opportunities to go many times a turn and even before the Crusher's first actions. If you wish to stack a number of actions/contingencies - feel free.

I will move things along/roll for idle players as needed.

WMO?
2017-09-15, 10:51 AM
NANO-man winces as he sees his shot go wide. This may take some practice...no twitchy fingers now...

"It's important to try and take your opponents down before they get the chance to do it to you!", he says, and takes aim at Shrew again.

Firing out of phase for 2 Power
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + 6 = ___

Power: 93/95
Charges: 12/14

Darius
2017-09-15, 04:18 PM
Zzzzaaap! The blast from NANO-Man's devitalization device hits the Shrew squarely in the chest. She shivers and turns pale, shakes her head in an attempt to shrug off the effects of the energy sapping nano tech but the sweat trickling from her head tells a different story. "Th-that the b-best you g-got?" Shrew stammers defiantly.

Spike maneuvers around to block the doorway where he sees the large and imposing figure of Bull. The 'man-mountain' stands well over 7' and his shoulders would require him to use both doors to enter. Spike spies the large street lamp 'club' wielded by Bull. Spike stabs at Bull who bats the attempt away with his weapon. Spike notices that Bull sneers and begins to huff and puff.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-15, 06:55 PM
I sprout my wings and rush at Vulture, punching him against the wall.
[roll0] for hit. I don't know what I don't know what I roll for damage.

Darius
2017-09-17, 10:24 AM
Draco Knight leaps into the air and extends his wings - propelling him towards the hole where FIST and Vulture are breaking into the Harmon Building. The Vulture dodges back and out of the hole into the air with his wings flapping furiously. He screeches, "Company! I'll rip this one's wings, FIST - you get the goods."

Depending on the attack, you would have different modifiers. For all attacks, you would increase your chance of success by 10% (+2), and you would add +1 to the damage after it is calculated.

For Hand to Hand - you have natural weapons like your claws, wings, etc. Using these garner an additional +3 to attack (for a total of +5) and for damage you would add +6 (+7 total). The down side is that it is more difficult to hit in hand to hand combat.

Your acid 'breath' is a 2d8 for dam

GravityEmblem
2017-09-17, 10:55 AM
I'll do Hand-to-Hand, what do I roll for that? Percentile? [roll0]

GravityEmblem
2017-09-18, 11:13 AM
[roll0]. Sorry for being such a noob.:smalltongue:

Darius
2017-09-18, 05:10 PM
Draco Knight presses the attack on the Vulture, and slashes the synthetic bird man with a raking claw...[roll0] causes feathers to fly about and sends him flying backward.

The Vulture retaliates, diving as he tries to do some damage of his own.

[roll1] - hit!
[roll2]

Meanwhile, the Shrew steps up into NANOMan's face and starts bobbing and weaving and doing rope-a-dope fast footwork. "Ahh...I see now - you're a robot tech-guy. I have an answer for you."

Makeshift sees a blur approach and before he can react, the door opens behind him, and he feels the wind as a figure blows by, stops revealing that Mercury Mercenary is there with a bunch of electronic equipment, automatic gunfire erupts around him, and the blur leaves from whence he came.

[roll3] - miss!
[roll4]

WMO?
2017-09-18, 10:19 PM
NANO-man tries to beat the boxer at her own game with some hand to hand combat. He takes a mighty swing at her with his cybernetically enhanced right hook, saying, "Surrender, evildoer! Your plan will not succeed and your allies will be defeated."

This is so much fun!

Damage: [roll1]

Power: 91/95

Devilfish
2017-09-19, 02:08 AM
Firecracker gruffly marches forward, hands moving quickly to undo his tie. He hangs his formal wear neatly on a passing coat rack, a sleek superhero outfit revealed underneath. The moment he sets his jacket down, vents at the back of his suit spring open... and multicolored sparks start screaming out of them.

<<Helter Skelter, coming in HOT!>>

<Action 1>
His feet lift off the ground and he explodes through the air towards NANO-Man and The Shrew . Firecracker corkscrews overhead, back against the ceiling, and launches a color burst down at the fiesty femme fetale which continues to spout red sparks on impact like a signal flare.

((If successful:)) He screeches to a halt mid-air upon seeing the mammoth that is Bull taking up the entire the hallway, and laughs back at her. "Man, I would hate to be you right now, sister!"

<Action 2>
"Laying you down some cover, NANO-Man!"
Firecracker rockets overhead back towards the electronics lab. As he passes, his spark trail begins coughing out violently, spreading thick fumes of choking, blinding smoke into the hall. While he trusts their cyber-scientist with all his enhancements be fine... one can hardly say about the Shrew.

<Action 3>
Hanging a left at the end of the hall, he bursts through the window and loops back over the building towards The Vulture and FIST. He radios Draco Knight that for his last display, he might want to put on his sunglasses for this one.

The inside of his helmet glows brighter and brighter, and all color cuts out from behind him. For a moment he is a spec in the night... until he is right over the villains, and he erupts into a blazing, blinding burst of light against the sky.

Amidst the confusion, Firecracker slips through the hole in the electronics lab and lands alongside Knight Bulb. "Hell of a party we're having, kid!"

Oooookay! Tried to do a lot in this action, correct me as necessary

Action 0) "Flame on"
Action 1) Fire a modified light attack while flanking from overhead, which continues to spark red in addition to its regular damage. I'd like to do so while flanking from overhead, if possible.
Action 2) I'd like to use a modified fire attack to create a smokescreen in the dowstairs hallways (currently affecting NANO-man and the Shrew, not Bull and Spike yet).
**I'm hoping that the combination of Actions 1 and 2 "tags" the Shrew in a glowing red beacon, and keeps Bull from clearly making out what it is. I also hope that the smoke keeps her disoriented and in place long enough for him to smash her in proper
Action 3) Flash attack at both Vulture and FIST.

I am uncertain how to account my accuracy and/or flanking bonus in, or what other rolls might be involved. Hope you don't mind if I ask you to make the rolls for me on this one!

Darius
2017-09-19, 06:06 PM
NANOMan swings at the Shrew, but his fist flies over her head as she ducks underneath the blow.

Darius
2017-09-20, 06:00 PM
Firecracker flies into action - a red blast hits Shrew squarely, enveloping her with a short lived nimbus of light but she appears to shrug off any ill effects or damage and the light fades almost as quickly as it was made. Our flashy hero then flies about the hallways, leaving a smoky trail in his wake. The smoke envelops the lower hallways, preventing NANOman from seeing much beyond his face. Suddenly emergency lights go on, an alarm sounds, and the sprinkler system is activated...clearing the smoke as it continues spraying the area.

He heads upstairs and flies through the hole in the ceiling a emerges near DracoKnight. He fires two sparking motes that would hit both Vulture and FIST squarely in the face (or helmet). Vuture manages to react in time and shields his eyes with his arm while the internal countermeasure systems of the armor tints the face shield rapidly, protecting Streeter within. It is clear that both felt the sting of the shots, however as Vulture flies back 10 feet. [roll0]

WMO?
2017-09-22, 02:53 AM
I've got to avoid what is merely a scuffle with some punching person and go help keep that giant fellow from smashing more of the lab!

Before the smoke clears, NANO-man tries to move around Shrew, get behind her to where he can reach Bull. He takes a power stance, winds up both his enhanced arms, and makes a great two-fisted hammer blow at Bull from the side.

[roll0] and [roll1] for max damage = 18

Power: 89/95

Celticbear
2017-09-22, 12:25 PM
Makeshift growls, and attempts to punch Mercury Mercenary square in the jaw.

[roll0] and [roll1] for a possible total of 30 damage.

Oh yeah, that is a whiff.

GravityEmblem
2017-09-22, 03:57 PM
I continue my duel with Vulture, spitting my acidic phlegm. [roll0] for hit and [roll1] for damage.

tonberryking
2017-09-24, 08:02 AM
Knightbulb is slow to act. The suddenness of the act catches her off guard, and she nearly dives for cover, but these moments pass. Fleeting rookie mistakes, she tells herself before she vanishes in another crack of lightning and reappears out of reach of F.I.S.T. and Vulture near the collapsed roof. Again, she pauses for a brief moment, her visored visage looking between the two before settling on the former.

That's... that guy's a robot, right? Effectively a robot, anyway, she mutters to herself. This'll be like the Sharktron incident three months ago where her powers proved to be an obvious weak point... To the two villains, the skinny kid in a homemade costume who came out of nowhere fidgets in place before jerking her hand up ion a zig zag motion, causing blue bolts of lightning arc from her fingertips over towards the metal man's suit.

"Hey! STOP!"
Aiming solely at F.I.S.T. and trying to override his tech:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Darius
2017-09-24, 08:27 PM
NANO-Man squares off with the hulking Bull and hits the man-mountain with all of his might. Our hero can actually feel the blow send shivers up his bionically infused arms and he looks up and sees the brute lock eyes with him and scowl. It is clear that his blow missed anything vital and had no effect on the Bull other than make him mad. Just as NANO-Man considers if he made a mistake, Bull swings his lamp-post club at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]

Meanwhile, Knightbulb is about to be crushed from falling debris when at the last second a thunderclap and flash of light signals her disappearance from beneath certain death to reappear on the roof. Rain pelts on her as she considers her next move. Knightbulb quickly devises a plan as she watches the techno-suited villain fly about nearby. With all of that circuitry, a well placed bolt would surely short out the armor. She aims and sends a powerful lightning bolt in F.I.S.T.'s direction, but he moves and the blast goes wide. Seeing a more dangerous foe, F.I.S.T. looks for the source of the electrical charge and sees our young hero. He raises one of his gauntlets and a powerful blast of energy streaks at Knightbulb.

[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]

DracoKnight swoops into action and hacks an acidic loogie that hits Vulture's wing and caustic smoke pours from the affixed unnatural appendage. The bird-man squawks in pain and anger as he spirals out of control and crashes on the pavement below, unconscious.

Darius
2017-09-24, 08:41 PM
MakeShift sends a devastating right hook at Mercury Mercenary who must see the robot-man moving in slow motion, for he easily avoided the blow and leaves the area before the punch even lands where his head once was. Makeshift recalls that MercMerc had armloads of equipment with him.

The radio crackles to life again, "This is Overwatch 1, Overwatch 1. Overwatch 2 is firing on Sidelines Bravo Team. Repeat Overwatch 2 is deemed hostile and is firing on friendlies. Orders?" The radio crackles and transmits, "Provide cover fire, Watch 1, but do not engage. Bravo get to cover."

WMO?
2017-09-24, 09:07 PM
NANO-man's grin twists into a dismayed grimace as Bull's counter comes at him. However, he prepared for this kind of thing. "Can't get past my defenses, brute!" he says as he twists, interposing his nanomechanical arms to block the brunt of the strike. Skidding back about five feet from the incredible force of the clubbing despite his sturdy body and strong stance, NANO-man winces, but sets himself to make a better effort with his next hit.

HP: 50/51
KO Chance[roll0]
Power Points: 80/95

GravityEmblem
2017-09-24, 09:19 PM
"Need a flank?" I ask Nano-Man as I fly behind FIST. I proceed to pin him down with a claw Attack.
[roll0] for hit and [roll1] for damage.

Darius
2017-09-24, 11:59 PM
ooc: A reminder that there are essentially three fronts:

1: Rooftop near Electronics Lab: FIST vs. DracoKnight, KnightBulb, and Firecracker (Vulture on streets below, KOed)
2: Inside: Makeshift vs. MercMerc and Spike vs. Shrew near Computer Lab
3: Outside: NANOMan vs. Bull

4: SWAT seems to have some strange effect as they seem to be attacking themselves. In addition, one team is down (presumably from MercMerc)

Devilfish
2017-09-25, 03:42 PM
Firecracker holds a finger to the side of his headpiece, listening in on Overwatch's relay.
F.I.S.T., Shrew, Bull, Vulture, Merc. Merc...

An exclamation mark made of sparks flashes over his visor in realization.

"It's Temper!"

The hero bursts into the air, surveying the scene for a visual. Impulse, his muse, roars at him like a crowd, cheering him onward, daring him to be the showman he wants to be. And yet in spite of this, Firecracker grits his teeth and hesitates. Impulse, his siren, also has a terrible side to it.

"All heroes be advised, I've... had have some aggression issues in the past," he emphasizes through his teeth. "Helter Skelter, engaging with caution."

I'm sure I can trust the flying tincan to you two, he leaves Draco Knight and Knight Bulb with a salute and a wink.

jerichodrumm
2017-09-28, 09:55 AM
Spike attempted to grab Bull but the behemoth of a man was just too large and powerful and easily fended him off.

"Alright back to basics!" he threw another spike tipped punch at the baddie.

ooc: rolls in OOC thread

Darius
2017-10-02, 11:15 PM
The battle rages on as Knightbulb tries to incapacitate the powerful F.I.S.T. with one attack. She takes a deep breath - aims - and fires a blast of electricity that courses over the armored technosuit. Immediately those watching can tell that something is amiss as residual arcs of electrical static play on all sorts of circuits along the suit. The boot jets deactivate and F.I.S.T. turns into STONE and drops like a rock with a loud thud. Further shortages continue until the suit seizes up and powers down.

ooc: Still need those initiatives.

1: Rooftop near Electronics Lab: DracoKnight and KnightBulb (Vulture and F.I.S.T. on streets below, KOed)
2: Inside: Makeshift vs. MercMerc + Shrew near Computer Lab
3: Outside: NANOMan and Spike vs. Bull

4: SWAT seems to have some strange effect as they seem to be attacking themselves. In addition, two teams are down (presumably from MercMerc and Temper) - Firecracker is on the prowl for Temper.

WMO?
2017-10-03, 12:15 AM
"If ever there were a fellow who needed depowering, it is this one!" cries NANO-man, using the back-and-forth grappling between his ally Spike and the large man named Bull to prime his devitalization eye-beams. FIRE!

To be clear, this is my first action of the new round, since I'm ahead of everyone else so far

Charges: 11/14

Power: 80/95

GravityEmblem
2017-10-03, 10:39 AM
My initiative is on the OOC thread.

Darius
2017-10-04, 06:20 PM
A long puncturing weapon slides from the top of Spike's middle knuckle as he brings his arm and hand back and then slams it hard into the chest of Bull. The blow punctures into the flesh of the man-mountain's pectoral muscle and howls out in pain. Instinctively his hand comes up and pulls the piton-like natural weapon from him as he locks his eyes on the crimson coated spike of Spike. Bull's eyes widen and his nostrils flare as he stamps his foot and paws at the ground - anger building. Although Spike clearly has wounded Bull, it appears as though he may regret it.

WMO?
2017-10-17, 02:46 AM
Damn! Still not used to these eye upgrades...
Rapidly retargeting, NANO-man tries again to depower Bull a bit.

2 Power to move immediately out-of-phase

Status
Power: 78/95

GravityEmblem
2017-10-17, 08:31 AM
I turn to KnightBulb. "Hey, can you fly?" I ask.

Darius
2017-10-19, 06:22 PM
I turn to KnightBulb. "Hey, can you fly?" I ask.

Knightbulb responds, "No - I can teleport, though!"

NANO-Man puts Bull in his sights and another 'zzZZZAP!" is heard as debilitating energy slams into Bull's chest. He is clearly getting woozy, but still up.

GravityEmblem
2017-10-19, 08:11 PM
"Alright," I say. "Let's take to the streets!" I fly down to the sidewalk, readying my stance.
"Think fast!" I say, right before grabbing The Bull and pinning him down.
1d20

Darius
2017-10-27, 09:38 AM
Bull starts stamping his foot, snorting - swats Spike to the side and runs straight at NANOMan. Just before he plows him into a pulp, Makeshift comes running in like a linebacker and crashes into Bull - deveating his crash course and taking the brunt of the attack and getting stomped on in the process. Sparks and fluids leak out - revealing his robot guts. It appears a critical failure in Makeshift's internal workings have put him out of commission.

DracoKnight flies down to try and pluck the brutish Bull and fly him high into the sky, but Bull simply shrugs off the attempt.

KnightBulb sees an opportunity and teleports behind Bull in the process with a crackling plasma blade of pure energy and....

tonberryking
2017-10-27, 09:02 PM
Knightbulb rarely would just teleport in the middle of the sky, but before she can drop too much and be overwhelmed by the falling inertia, she literally bolts down to the ground behind Bull, thrusting both hands out and channeling all she can muster at the big guy's back, figuring she can't miss from arm's reach behind him. The brightness of her electrical attack would be blinding if Bull's bulk wasn't blocking most of it...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Darius
2017-10-28, 06:31 AM
...stabs Bull with her blade. The man-mountain's hair stands on end for a moment and are left frizzy, but he appears to stay on his feet.

[roll0]

GravityEmblem
2017-10-28, 07:47 AM
Using the opening granted by Knight Bulb, Draco Knight attacks the Bull from behind.

WMO?
2017-10-28, 08:50 AM
Jumping in on the team-up smackdown, NANO-man comes in from the flank and tries a punch to the kidneys, or at least where a kidney might be should Bull's body maintain humanoid organ configuration. "Let's end this fight already, there are other angles to cover!"

This is my initiative count 31 i think

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Status
Power: 78/95

Darius
2017-10-29, 06:49 PM
The Crusader wanna-be's make a group effort to try and fell the mighty Bull. Dracoknight rakes Bull across his flank for [roll0]. NANO-Man punch seems to have little effect.