PDA

View Full Version : How To Be Ignored

Rakoa
2017-08-25, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone. I'm looking at playing a pathfinder Mesmerist and I want him to be a narrator type guy, announcing and describing the effects his abilities have as if he's the GM or some form of story teller. I'd like him to be a disembodied voice, to that end, or to have him ignored by everyone despite being visible. Bonus points if he can still be heard.

Are there any spells that can do this?

lord pringle
2017-08-25, 12:39 AM
The Enigma Archetype lets you vanish from stare targets vision. If your GM lets you combo this with Autohypnotist, even though they both alter hypnotic stare, it'd let you vanish from an entire 10 foot radius of people at level 5.
Probably wouldn't be great mechanically, but it could be fun.

ATHATH
2017-08-25, 01:06 AM
Be a ghost and speak while in walls?

Celestia
2017-08-25, 02:53 AM
Become Vecna Blooded, and the entire universe will forget that you exist.

Geddy2112
2017-08-25, 08:53 AM
Become invisible and then cast ventriloquism and throw your voice.

Zanos
2017-08-25, 09:13 AM
There's a specific spell for this, it's even on the Mesmerist list. Aura of the Unremarkable.

Rakoa
2017-08-25, 10:42 AM
The Enigma Archetype lets you vanish from stare targets vision. If your GM lets you combo this with Autohypnotist, even though they both alter hypnotic stare, it'd let you vanish from an entire 10 foot radius of people at level 5.
Probably wouldn't be great mechanically, but it could be fun.

I like this.

Be a ghost and speak while in walls?

I also like this, but not so practical.

This is pretty much what I'm going for, but I doubt 3.5 material will be allowed.

Become invisible and then cast ventriloquism and throw your voice.

This is my current plan, as it stands.

There's a specific spell for this, it's even on the Mesmerist list. Aura of the Unremarkable.

Until THIS magnificent man came along! This is THE PERFECT SPELL for this task!

Though the duration raises another issue... anyone know a way to Permanency this bad boy? Or something similar? Persistent Spell? Maybe some ballpark rules on researching an hour/level duration version?

Crake
2017-08-25, 12:35 PM

Well, it's not really the entire universe, enigma aura seems to only be half the people in a 120ft radius, hardly very far reaching, and it's only for a round at a time, and only for a minute per day in total.

Unless you're talking about cloak of mystery, which only applies to your life before becoming vecna blooded, and wouldn't help here.