PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go with this petal?

Vizzerdrix
2017-08-25, 07:13 AM
The stump so far is petal (maybe with spark) battledancer 1, pally of freedom 2. It looks like a solid start to me. High cha applied to ac and saves. Gooh hd, flight, and free weapon finess. Maybe tack on a stunning weapon.
The thing is, Im not quite sure what role it should fill in a party or where to go from there. So I figured Id toss it up on the forums and see what others can do with it. Get as creative as you like and use whatever sources you want. I dont think Ill ever be playing this thing so go nuts and have fun.

Crake
2017-08-25, 08:30 AM
Max out strength, get it up to 13, get power attack, equip a tiny valorous lance, get spirited charge, ride by attack and shock trooper, get a faerie dragon as your paladin special mount and become the world's tiniest mounted ubercharger.

If that sounds like something you're interested in, I have an ubermount build shuffled away somewhere that I can try and find (or recreate if I can't find it) for you.

barakaka
2017-08-26, 09:39 PM
A player in an Eberron campaign I need to start back up was playing a Dragonfire Adept Petal. I should have realized how frustrating that would be to DM for. Slow breath on a flyer is nuts.

Crake:
https://cdn.pucatrade.com/cards/crops/sm/3258.jpg

Crake
2017-08-27, 12:09 AM
Crake:
https://cdn.pucatrade.com/cards/crops/sm/3258.jpg

Bahaha, that's amazing :smalltongue:

I actually ended up putting the build together here (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1312889) if anyone's interested in looking at it. It's not the most optimal arrangement of levels and feats, but i was planning around play from 1-20, rather than just trying to optimize level 20 play. I might do a level by level breakdown soonish and post it in it's own thread.

Metahuman1
2017-08-27, 01:35 AM
See if you can retrain Smite Evil for From Smite To Song, and get maxed ranks in a preform skill. Maybe see if you can get a couple of items or something that gives you a few extra smite uses a day. Then look at Optimizing inspire courage to pay for Power Attacking and further help Charge Damage.

Snag the True Believer feat for Reliquary Holy Symbols'. Now invest heavy in Devotion feats and feats like Battle Blessing that let you use Turn Undead for things other then Turning Undead.

As mentioned, mounts. Maybe look into Wild Cohort or something to attract a suitable one. (See below.) Also, yes, Str 13 and PA, and 2 handing a Lance. Make it a Feycraft Lance and you can use Weapons Finesse to add Dex to Attack rolls while still Power Attacking with it.

After level 4, unless you are just getting no end of miles out of Paladin Casting, look at the following dips. Sacred Exorcist, for more turn undead uses, Witch Hunter, for x2 Cha to all Saves, Arcane Duelist if your DM will allow Race/template SLA's to get you in, for double Cha to AC. If you do all 3, maybe look at buying some Circlets of Casting (Magic Item Compendium.) For more daily uses of Warning Shout and Rhino's Rush, since you'll have a least 1 or 2 a day anyway by that point.

Then, I recommend either Warblade or Crusader with loads of White Raven. If Warblade, maybe dabble a bit in Iron Heart. If Crusader, maybe some Devoted Spirit. Oh, and either way, grab Mountain Hammer.

Demidos
2017-08-27, 01:48 AM
See if you can retrain Smite Evil for From Smite To Song, and get maxed ranks in a preform skill. Maybe see if you can get a couple of items or something that gives you a few extra smite uses a day. Then look at Optimizing inspire courage to pay for Power Attacking and further help Charge Damage.
---
Then, I recommend either Warblade or Crusader with loads of White Raven. If Warblade, maybe dabble a bit in Iron Heart. If Crusader, maybe some Devoted Spirit. Oh, and either way, grab Mountain Hammer.

Metahuman just suggested a character I just played! Add a dip in marshal and get battle blessing and definitely get pathfinder paladin if you can! SUPER fun!