PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a pathfinder buffer with a self destruct

Elvenoutrider
2017-08-25, 10:37 AM
Hi all. I'm attending dragon con next weekend!!!
Iwould like to do the cheese grind and survive it. For this my plan is several fold - first I will pick an early time slot as I seem to be waking up super early now thanks to my job. Second I will play a buffing character that will improve everyone else's chances. Third, I want to make it as dangerous as possible to let my character die.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what would make a good sustainable buffing character and what I could use as a self destruct - I was thinking several amulets of fireball. But I don't know how to trigger them.

The characters are 9th level and it seems everything pausing has written is available.

Help a guy out?

Side note - id really like it if my character could have a sheild with the emblem of a carrot and a stick

Arbane
2017-08-25, 11:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what would make a good sustainable buffing character and what I could use as a self destruct - I was thinking several amulets of fireball. But I don't know how to trigger them.

Drop a fireball on yourself and choose to fail the save? Hold one in a torch-flame?

Goaty14
2017-08-25, 08:16 PM
Contingency?
War Weaver (Heroes of Battle) (or something like that) eldritch weave containing 4 fireballs, set off as immediate action?
Fire Trap your mouth?

Treblain
2017-08-25, 11:57 PM
I didn't know this existed before, but this exists: Deadman's Contingency (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deadman-s-contingency)

Rynjin
2017-08-26, 02:16 AM
Don't forget to take this Feat. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/troth-of-the-forgotten-pharaoh/)

Footman
2017-08-26, 02:52 AM
Take the Feat @Rynjinn suggestet, it it great for gooing Boom after you die. If you really want to survive all of that,...
Be a Reincarnated Druid. While the Druid Spell list is not the best for Buffing, you can do it, if you build him like a Wild Mystic (not Wild Shape focused.)
The reincarnated Druid is IMMORTAL at Lvl 5, so if you die you come back one Day later. If you take the Samsaran Race you can get yourself some Spells from other Divine Spell lists (Restoration comes to mind.)

The only thing you need to Fear now are Deth Effects, meaning Energy Drain, and Death Spells.

Elvenoutrider
2017-08-27, 09:50 AM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I love pathfinder but there is just too much material for me to go through. Crowd sourcing the more esoteric things is so helpful for me as a player and gm

Geddy2112
2017-08-28, 10:27 AM
Another good spell for this is detonate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detonate/), which turns you into an elemental bomb.

At 9th level your stuck to sorcerer or wizard to cast it, but any class with a scroll and enough UMD can do the job. A sorcerer or wizard can also buff the party up and is super fragile, so easy to die. Also classes capable of just spamming an AoE like fireball on themselves. For a shield with a stick and carrot, a darkwood or mithral buckler has no ACP or spell fail chance, so a wizard or sorcerer can use it without penalty.