PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Inquisitor Domain

Alphasez
2017-08-25, 05:46 PM
I'm building a new NG Inquisitor - DEX melee build. Looking for a useful domain. As of now I'm stuck between Healing and Protection; empowered healing boost with the former, and the added saves with the latter.
Is there a better domain/inquisition I'm overlooking?
Deity is your standard good, healing, protection deity. Domains are Good, Healing, Protection, Law, Sun.
Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Geddy2112
2017-08-25, 06:10 PM
Do you have access to subdomains?

The good domain's touch of good is pretty powerful, as you can use it out of combat and stack it with things like guidance to skillmonkey hard. The ability to make your weapon holy is nice as most enemies(particularly at higher level) are evil. If your campaign is not going to be treasure or gear heavy protection domain gives you a free cloak of resistance, and being able to drop a barrier of resist energy is okayish.

Unless you need to be the healer of the group, I would pass on the healing domain, unless you can get a subdomain to trade out the useless 1st level power. Law is probably not very useful unless you have a subdomain to trade out the higher level power or your campaign is stacked against chaotic enemies. The sun domain is useless unless you can subdomain.

Alphasez
2017-08-25, 06:19 PM
I don't believe Inquisitors have access to subs (though, I could be wrong). Also, I do believe I'll be the only healing caster in the party.

Geddy2112
2017-08-26, 12:41 PM
" Subdomains can be selected by druids (except the metal subdomain) and inquisitors (if their deity allows it)."

The party could probably get by if you just carry a wand of cure light wounds and put a rank in heal. If you can hit DC25 on treat deadly wounds you heal their level+your wis mod, which is good for topping off at the end of day(Plus HP from sleep). You should be able to take 10 on the check so once you have a +15 you are set. Inquisitors having a limited amount of spells known can't afford to know a ton of cure spells, but having cure light wounds as a clutch to stablize a dying party member and possibly get them back in the fight is good.

If you go healing, take the medicine or restoration subdomain. The medicine one is insanely good; roll twice pick the highest for any heal check, and treat deadly wounds in one minute is fantastic at low levels. Restoration gives you the ability to heal a lot of nasty status conditions-your party could realistically never sleep at level one as you constantly cure fatigue.

ICN
2017-08-26, 11:41 PM
IIRC, inquisitors don't get the bonus spells from domains, which is an important consideration. The Tactics (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/inquisitions/inquistions-paizo/tactics-inquisition/) inquisition's eighth level bonus is very, very good. With 18 wisdom, a reasonable number by 8th level, you're giving your entire party the benefits of improved initiative. Going first is a good way to minimize the amount of healing needed.