PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Campaign Questions

Bobthereaper606
2017-08-25, 10:26 PM
So my DM is having us do a midnight campaign. From everything we have read and understood all casting is channeled [unless you are evil for the divine magic] and being channeled it is subject to arcane spell failure. [If this is wrong 100% let me know]
But then you have the druid prestige class which gains access to true druid spells and from what I read nature magic. Is the druid prestige class subject to the arcane spell failure chance or does it work like a normal druid would without it?

ATHATH
2017-08-25, 11:32 PM
Why not ask your DM this question?

Goaty14
2017-08-26, 09:16 AM
Divine classes (such as a druid/cleric/paladin/ranger) all use divine magic, and aren't subject to arcane spell failure chance from armor.\

But this whole "midnight spell failure thing" sounds more like a campaign-specific trait, you should actually ask your DM about that.

all casting is channeled [unless you are evil for the divine magic] and being channeled it is subject to arcane spell failure. [If this is wrong 100% let me know]

I think this channelling thing you speak of is referring to good clerics turning undead, which has nothing to do with arcane spell failure chance
-Being evil and a cleric means that you rebuke/command undead, while being good/cleric means that you turn/destroy undead

Buufreak
2017-08-26, 09:39 AM
I think this channelling thing you speak of is referring to good clerics turning undead, which has nothing to do with arcane spell failure chance
-Being evil and a cleric means that you rebuke/command undead, while being good/cleric means that you turn/destroy undead

Unless he is talking Pathfinder or later DND editions. They have channel positive/negative energy and channel divinity, respectively.

meschlum
2017-08-26, 03:34 PM
I'm not aware of spell failure being automatic - the Charismatic and Spiritual traditions being analogs to bard and divine casting, they might not have spell failure to begin with. Plus, wandering about in armor is a recipe for trouble...

Also note that the Druid prestige class requires knowing the Animal Friendship spell, which a) does not exist in 3.5, and b) is not on the list of channeler spells, so you'd have to pick it as your level 1 spell from the Magecraft feat.

the_david
2017-08-26, 04:43 PM
For those who don't know, a Channeler is a class in the Midnight campaign setting. All channelers get the arcane spell failure chance. Unless the Druid prestige class changes that, you're stuck with it.