PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Need opinions on the weapon enhancement "lesser" from Dungeon#119

DaytimeStar
2017-08-25, 10:32 PM
Hello guys, first time post, please don't bite me, thank you!

I encounter a strange weapon enhancement called "lesser" from "Unfamiliar Ground" in Dungeon#119, and I don't know whether I should allow it or not.
I don't have many experience DMing, and my google-fu failed me, so I think I should seek some advice.

Lesser works like a template for weapon enhancement. It can apply on any +x enhancement.
It turn the enhancement to wand-like enhancement, and cast one charge per round when you use it.
When you run out of charge, it will than turn your weapon back to masterwork.

My problem is that it firstly cost half for full(50) charges, while didn't say have to be craft as full charges, and secondly further giving the chart for per charge fee.
Thus, one can get a one shot +10 weapon for merely 2000 gp. Now, think it be put on arrows.
It just can't be that way......

I think it's a good DM tool but I might ban or twist it for the reason I provided. However, I might read it wrong. So, please share you insight with me. I would like to hear things like: How do you think of this enhancement? How would you use it? How would it impact your game? Thank you very much!