PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Does Anyone Have "The Whisper Out of Time"?

Palanan
2017-08-26, 10:30 AM
Does anyone have “The Whisper Out of Time,” from the Strange Aeons AP, and can anyone tell me if the article on the Yithians is worth reading?

I’m not sure whether to buy this installment or not; the plot doesn’t really interest me, and the information on Qadira isn’t relevant for my needs. I’m mainly looking for the Pathfinder versions of Lovecraftian creatures, ideally both stats and background information. Earlier installments of Strange Aeons have had a nice selection of cosmic horrors, and I’m wondering if “Whisper” holds to the same standard.

I do have the Occult Bestiary, which gives two pages on the Yithians. Does the article in “Whisper” go into any additional detail, and does the bestiary in “Whisper” give a decent range of other creatures?

Palanan
2017-08-29, 03:46 PM
Anyone? Anyone at all?

*tap tap tap*

…is this thing working?

Elkad
2017-08-29, 06:54 PM
Google has it on the first page...

Palanan
2017-08-29, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Elkad
Google has it on the first page...

Not sure what you mean. I can’t find a listing of creatures for the bestiary, and I haven’t found a review that gives any details on the Yithian article. The PathfinderWiki page (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/The_Whisper_Out_of_Time) lists the fact that these articles are in there, but gives no other details.

I’m mainly concerned with whether the Yithian article just repeats what was in the Occult Bestiary, and I’d also like the names of the new creatures introduced in “Whisper Out of Time.” If you can point me towards that information I’d be much obliged.

Elkad
2017-08-29, 07:33 PM
I assumed you meant the adventure path.

Strange Aeons 4/6, Whisper Out of Time.

The whole PDF is literally the first non-Paizo.com result if I Google "Whisper Out of Time" (with the quotes)

Palanan
2017-08-30, 03:57 PM
I’d like to hear from someone who acquired it legally, thanks.

:smallsmile:

Florian
2017-08-31, 02:04 AM
*Shrugs* It´s a good "Ecology" article that builds heavily on the standard Lovecraft canon, but also has a section going into how they are on Golarion and provides some interesting racial magic items.

Elkad
2017-08-31, 08:35 AM
I’d like to hear from someone who acquired it legally, thanks.

:smallsmile:

Meh. I googled it, it was there. So if "was in my browser cache for 33 seconds" counts as "acquired", I guess I did. I've never read it, but if I was interested I'd do the same damn thing.

Read, if it's worth paying for, send them money.

Palanan
2017-08-31, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Florian
It´s a good "Ecology" article that builds heavily on the standard Lovecraft canon, but also has a section going into how they are on Golarion and provides some interesting racial magic items.

Thank you. This is very helpful, exactly the sort of commentary I was looking for.

Does it have any interesting creatures in the bestiary section at the back? I’m mainly looking for flavorful, lower-CR adaptations of creatures from the Lovecraft mythos.

Florian
2017-08-31, 09:17 AM
Thank you. This is very helpful, exactly the sort of commentary I was looking for.

Does it have any interesting creatures in the bestiary section at the back? I’m mainly looking for flavorful, lower-CR adaptations of creatures from the Lovecraft mythos.

Two constructs (Clockwork Vivisectionist, Hollow One), one Great Old One, Hooded Harbinger (tied to the King in Yellow) and the Proto-Shoggoth. Not an overwhelming selection.

Palanan
2017-08-31, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Florian
Two constructs (Clockwork Vivisectionist, Hollow One), one Great Old One, Hooded Harbinger (tied to the King in Yellow) and the Proto-Shoggoth. Not an overwhelming selection.

Perfect, thanks. Exactly what I needed.