PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed I can't choose a class !!

MysticMind
2017-08-26, 12:22 PM
Greetings, everyone :))

I am starting a new campaign with my friends and I really can't decide what class best suits what I have in mind for my character concept. I would like to make a mysterious (im not talking about necros and assassins) character , probably a young man who wants to convince others that he's female :P . A sorcerer with charm person and alter self might work but I can't handle the tiny amount of spells known (only 1 2nd level spell at level 4). I wouldn't mind the same character being an androgynous priest of some god/godess related to sex, love etc but then prepared spellcasting comes to the table again + cleric spell list lacks charms and trickery. The Wu Jen class brings an eastern flair that I like + I can roleplay an otaku-cringy trap :P but again, I don't like prepared spellcasting.

What class is for me?

DrMotives
2017-08-26, 12:25 PM
So, beguiler? They're spontaneous casters who specialize in trickery and disguise.

Eldariel
2017-08-26, 12:37 PM
Cloistered Cleric with some appropriate domains and domain spontaneity [PHBII] can probably do just that. Transformation-domain [Races of Eberron] has Alter Self and a good bunch of supernice Polymorph spells while e.g. Charm-domain [SC] or Fey-domain [BoED/PGtF] has stuff like Charm and makes for good spontaneous domain. Spell-domain [SC] also works for replicating all arcane stuff.

You can even add the social skills to your class skill list via. Dragon-domain [SC]. And Cloistered Cleric has enough skillpoints. You can get extra domains from some PRCs to get it all.