PDA

View Full Version : mounted warrior

cullynthedwarf
2017-08-26, 06:47 PM
One of my players is looking to become a bad-a$s on a horse. I'm trying to find the best choices to offer her as a prestige class.

Other then Cavalier, does any one have any suggestion

This is a normal 3.5 games, not FR, or Ebberon.

StreamOfTheSky
2017-08-26, 07:51 PM
Well, the best build for cavalry is lance charging and you don't need Cavalier to do that, it just gives an even bigger multiplier.

Halfling Outrider and Wild Plains Outrider are other prestige class options, the former especially being good (and with the Paladin/Ranger multiclass feat..."Devoted Tracker," I think?...you can have a "Supermount" build where the mount's advancement gets doubled while in Halfling Outrider).

Scout would be awesome mounted for full archery skirmish attacks (and Mongol cav archer is the first thing I thought of when I saw the class...) were it not for the stupid errata it got. But you're the DM, you can ignore the errata if you want.

He could play a psychic warrior or other psionic character with Psionic Meditation feat to reduce gaining psionic focus to a move action, use the mount to move so he has a move action every round, and burn psionic focus on one power or attack each round.

Just some ideas. If the mount itself is intelligent (other PC, a cohort, or whatever), other options open up. My friend and I joke that when we play D&D together, inevitably one of us ends up mounting the other...because it's kind of true. When you're consistently in the same space or adjacent to someone, you can do some combined attacks or protect each other (wings of cover spell (caster has to be dragonblooded), wall of steel teamwork benefit, shield block and shield counter Devoted Spirit maneuvers, etc...)

cullynthedwarf
2017-08-26, 09:41 PM
Thanks, those are about what I found aswell, plus skylord.

Gruftzwerg
2017-08-27, 12:29 AM
Champion of Corellon Larethian from Races of the Wild.
A PRC for mounted elfs. Focuses on heavy armor use & gets Dex to melee dmg ontop of Str bonus. Add the bonus feats of the prc and you have a good base for your build.

Edit: the first build of my Driving Attack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?517187)builds is a CoCL. Maybe have a look for inspiration.