PDA

View Full Version : Creating Draven

BSBarney
2017-08-26, 06:57 PM
Hello!

Thank you for your help. I'm fairly new to d&d. I'd love to make draven from lol. Any advice/tips?

suplee215
2017-08-26, 07:22 PM
I know nothing about him but he seems like a barbarian. Throwing weapons is not much supported in this game without custom magic items so that part might be hard. Fighter levels might be needed just for two weapon fighting style as that seems his prefer way. Currently there is no way to throw a battleaxe but handaxes are throwable and light so easy to throw (the trouble is them coming back).

PeteNutButter
2017-08-26, 08:46 PM
Definitely a bard (League of DRAVEN). And he needs 3+ levels in champion for crit fishing.

I'd say Champion 14/Lore Bard 6 (Champion to 5 then bard to 6, finish champion), so he can talk crap (cutting words), and crit fish. Take Haste as a bard secret to replicate that fast attack speed and movement speed on his w.

If your DM buys into it, maybe he'll get you some returning weapons, that come back. If not, its probably better if the axes stick into your foes.

Makes me want to create all the League characters...

Mortis_Elrod
2017-08-26, 11:37 PM
Definitely a bard (League of DRAVEN). And he needs 3+ levels in champion for crit fishing.

I'd say Champion 14/Lore Bard 6 (Champion to 5 then bard to 6, finish champion), so he can talk crap (cutting words), and crit fish. Take Haste as a bard secret to replicate that fast attack speed and movement speed on his w.

If your DM buys into it, maybe he'll get you some returning weapons, that come back. If not, its probably better if the axes stick into your foes.

Makes me want to create all the League characters...

hardest for me to make is volibear. I'd personally go barbarian for monster crits with a bit of champion. plus rage damage is nice. Trick is to not wory about weapons returning, carry a LOT of handaxes.

Rebonack
2017-08-27, 12:07 AM
The most crucial element would probably be to convince your DM to let your thrown hand-axes bounce back to you, preferably if you pull off a Dex check (Acrobatics) to catch them. That would probably be the most true to form way to emulate his axe-juggling. A custom feat would probably be the simplest way to do it.

Spinning Axes: You gain proficiency in Acrobatics. If you are already proficient, add twice your proficiency bonus.
As a bonus action, you may begin spinning one of your hand-axes. If you hit a creature with the thrown axe it deals bonus damage equal to twice your Prof bonus and bounces back, spinning into the air. Catching it is a DC:15 Dexterity check (Acrobatics). If caught, you continue spinning the axe and may use it for subsequent attacks.

Anderlith
2017-08-27, 01:07 AM
Dual wielding human rogue with returning handaxes.
Maybe go with some champ fighter levels

Focus on mobility & whichever rogue subclass lets you trigger your own sneak attacks

Background is probably somekind of performer/gladiator. Dont go bard. Draven isnt support no matter how charismatic he might be, you dont have to be a bard to have Charisma.

BSBarney
2017-08-27, 05:09 AM
Wow, some great ideas.
I initially looked up classes which can summon weapons, either an eldritch knight or a bladelock.

I've never played the multi classes suggested. I'm worried I'd miss out on the power spikes from hitting level 5 and making 2 x attacks + my off hand.

I think I'm trying to Max out damage rather than create a cool Draven.

I think I might play around with Bard idea abit. Talking trash and doing damage sounds fun. There are a few cool spells that might fit.
I'll post up again once I've had a play around.

I might try bard. Cast spells to buff/insult opponent. Next round throw. Hands are then free again to cast. Bound action double draw axes.

A young draven back story would be a good reason for the axes not returning + lower DPS.