PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other 3.0 Race Idea: Empath

Evoker
2017-08-26, 07:31 PM
I had an idea for a 3.0 Edition race. I would like feedback on wether it is too powerful, or too weak.

The Empath:

Empaths are a rare offshoot of humans. A child of two humans has about a 1/20,000 chance to be an empath, while an empath and a human and two empties have much higher chances, about 1/200 and 1/20 respectively. Empaths have the ability to sense emotions. Empaths have the following racial traits:

+2 to Charisma, -2 to Wisdom.
Empaths are naturally charismatic, but they tend to be more trusting.

+2 on Diplomacy, Intimidate and Sense motive checks.
Empaths can read emotions, making them hard to trick

Empaths can cast remove fear as a first level caster 1 time per day.

I am aware that it could be currently somewhat weak, so I would love any suggestions on how to improve it

rferries
2017-08-26, 08:27 PM
I had an idea for a 3.0 Edition race. I would like feedback on wether it is too powerful, or too weak.

The Empath:

Empaths are a rare offshoot of humans. A child of two humans has about a 1/20,000 chance to be an empath, while an empath and a human and two empties have much higher chances, about 1/200 and 1/20 respectively. Empaths have the ability to sense emotions. Empaths have the following racial traits:

+2 to Charisma, -2 to Wisdom.
Empaths are naturally charismatic, but they tend to be more trusting.

+2 on Diplomacy, Intimidate and Sense motive checks.
Empaths can read emotions, making them hard to trick

Empaths can cast remove fear as a first level caster 1 time per day.

I am aware that it could be currently somewhat weak, so I would love any suggestions on how to improve it

Seems good for 3.0 - in that edition any bonus to a spellcasting ability (like Charisma) was considered very valuable. Perhaps they could gain a caster level bonus on any spell that grants a morale bonus (heroism etc.) or penalty (crushing despair, fear, etc)?

Evoker
2017-08-27, 10:08 AM
Seems good for 3.0 - in that edition any bonus to a spellcasting ability (like Charisma) was considered very valuable. Perhaps they could gain a caster level bonus on any spell that grants a morale bonus (heroism etc.) or penalty (crushing despair, fear, etc)?

I don't know, +CL is rare in 3.0