PDA

View Full Version : Tiny D6 Supers Playtest: A Rude Awakening

Daellus
2017-08-26, 10:09 PM
There's a sound like thunder in the distance, and it goes on long enough that it actually begins to drag you back into the world of wakefulness. You don't want that. You'd rather sleep. When you're sleeping, there's no pain, no fear, no confusion. But the noise continues, and you can't help but stir from the pleasant darkness. The thunder gets louder, so loud you can actually feel it, and then... it feels different. There's a shift, and a cracking sound, and then the liquid that holds you starts to drain away. You start to come to your senses, but it's a struggle to think clearly.

The chamber in which you find yourself is pretty large, almost like a gymnasium, but filled with electronic equipment and banks of glass cylinders filled with murky liquid and indistinct forms in them. Much like the one you're in, only some sort of shift in the floor has caused the glass to crack, and the liquid is leaking out. This is what must have allowed you to regain consciousness, even though your remain addled from the experience.

A large double door slides open on the western wall of the chamber and a number of armed and armored men enter. They wear armored uniforms that obscure their identities, and carry advanced weapons connected to their armor by cables. One man walking in the center of the group lacks the armor and weapons, and instead wears a smart pair of coveralls. All of them bear a shoulder insignia that looks something like a twisted helix. "Move quickly," the man in the coveralls barks. "This facility is compromised. We have a level six purge in progress. All experiments that cannot be moved must be eliminated." He glances around the chamber at all the banks of tubes like yours. "What a waste," he grumbles.

The man in charge walks to a central computer and begins entering a complex series of codes. After each one, there's a low sound that suggests something powering down. After each one, one bank of cylinders goes dark, the interior lights switching off and a mixture of a new, darker liquid mixes into the tubes.

super345
2017-08-27, 12:01 AM
I try to smash the glass of the cylinder I'm in with my elbow.

WMO?
2017-08-27, 02:49 AM
Is there going to be an OOC thread? Do we know we have superpowers, like can we feel it somehow and know how to use them?

I wring the residue off my hands, then wipe away at my face until my eyes are clear. Looking out and hearing "experiments...eliminated", I realize what they're talking about and breath in sharply. I throw myself bodily backward against the weakened glass, hoping to break free.

Daellus
2017-08-28, 10:24 AM
Do you want an OOC thread? I've never done one of those but I'd be happy to. Your characters have, at this moment, no memories of before the tank. Some of them will begin to recover memories as the game progresses. Some of those memories may be false. Your origins are something of a mystery but will be delved into significantly in a pretty short amount of time.

Two of you, branded with tattoos on your chest that read XS-11 and XS-13, attempt to break free from your containment!

Super345: [roll0]
WMO?: [roll1]

The damaged glass of your containment tube easily shatters under your attack, scattering thick shards of jagged class all across the floor.

The noise attracts the attention of the armored guards. One of them looks at you with alarm. "Commander," he barks, "stasis tube bank three is inoperable. Sir, the experimental subjects are awake!"

The man at the computer looks up and gazes across the room at you. "That's remarkable," he says, his tone almost reverent. "The process must be more advanced than we thought. I wonder if..."

"Orders, sir?"

The man frowns. "Destroy the subjects," he says. There is remorse evident in his tone, but he doesn't hesitate to condemn you to death.

Four of the guards advance on you, their weapons brought to bear against you, the faint whine of their power supplies spooling up audible even against the ongoing thunder.

WMO?
2017-08-28, 01:38 PM
Yes, please, it's helpful for crosstalk and information gathering before acting

Looking around, I try to spot cover (that isn't a tube with another person in it) and get behind it

super345
2017-08-28, 11:58 PM
I jump behind the nearest tube and try to remember how I got here.

Daellus
2017-08-30, 12:56 PM
Here you go, lads! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534829-Tiny-D6-Supers-Playtest-Official-OOC-Thread)

XS-11 and XS-13, the only two individuals who have yet freed themselves from the tubes in which they had been held, both dive for cover in an attempt to avoid the apparent ill intent of the troops.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Xf6Ev7_TEDSHZlU01lM3JtM1k

You are behind cover, so your would-be attackers are at a significant disadvantage to try and hit you!

Firing at XS-11: [roll0]
Firing at XS-13: [roll1]

Both shots miss!

XS-11, hiding behind what seems to be a generator of some sort hooked to the nearest tube bank, glances up and sees that a pair of troops are moving in each direction, perhaps hoping to flank him. As if in response, glowing balls of force surround his hands by pure instinct.

XS-13 wracks his brain in an attempt to remember where he is and how he got here. There are flashes of memories, various scenes and people, but it's all very blurry. And it doesn't seem to fit together. It's almost like it's random memories from different people. He looks down at his hands where he crouches behind a bank of tubes. They don't look all that familiar either. Didn't he have... maybe a scar? From climbing a tree when he was a child? Or... wait... was that his son? Frustration mounts as he fails to put the pieces together, and he clenches his fists angrily. Small pieces of broken glass scattered around the floor near him begin to drift upward into the air.

WMO?
2017-08-30, 02:02 PM
I stare at my hands in amazement for a split second before snapping back into action with the urgency of the situation. I pop up, thrust my glowing fists toward the nearest soldier, and pop back down behind the generator.

super345
2017-08-31, 02:48 AM
I look down at the glass. At first I'm completely shocked at my new powers but then I try to see if I can throw the shards at my attackers.

Daellus
2017-08-31, 09:44 AM
XS-11 instinctively thrusts his glowing fists toward his would-be attackers, and a luminous sphere erupts from his hands! It sails across the distance toward his attackers even as XS-13 uses the power of his mind to send a storm of miniature glass shards at the other duo approaching.

Bobblation: [roll0]
TK Onslaught: [roll1]

[You guys are totally free to make rolls on your own if you wish, or I'm happy to make them. Whatever you're most comfortable with.]

The luminescent sphere gives the guards a moment of warning in the dimly lit lab, and they are able to throw themselves to the ground to avoid it, but the glass is essentially invisible and strikes one of the two men on the right squarely in the chest.

[Guards 1 and 2 on the left side, facing XS-11 (temporary name!) are now prone and at Disadvantage to attack, combined with XS-11 being behind cover.]
[Guards 3 and 4 on the right side are upright, but Guard 3 has suffered 1 damage from XS-13's telekinetic attack. Guard 4 fires back in a near panic.]

Guard 4: 2d6 EDIT: I guess I can't add rolls in edits? I'll post again momentarily.

Here are your enemies, by the way. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Xf6Ev7_TEDSHZlU01lM3JtM1k)

Daellus
2017-08-31, 09:51 AM
Guard 4 attacks XS-13 at Disadvantage!
Roll: [roll0]

The weapon's energy blast sears the metal of the tube behind which XS-13 is hiding, but without any significant damage.

Behind you, one of the other glass tubes in the bank from which you emerged cracks and shatters, with the occupant slumping to the ground, seemingly unconscious.

Daellus
2017-09-02, 02:06 PM
[Bumping in the hopes that the game's not dead less than a page after it started!]

WMO?
2017-09-02, 05:59 PM
XS-11 (it seems wrong to think of myself like this, but I'm too discombobulated to understand why) runs across to where the other subject is, shooting blasts at the gunmen as I go. "Let's help each other!" I say, trying to catch my fellow's eye.

Bobblation:[roll]2d6[/rollv]

WMO?
2017-09-02, 06:02 PM
Bobblation:[roll0] aimed at the shooters

super345
2017-09-02, 11:04 PM
I yell back "I have an idea. You might want to stand back" I try to tackle the closest of the guards and I use my telekinesis on myself to give the tackle more power.

Daellus
2017-09-06, 09:32 PM
Wow! Sorry guys. I live in a rural area and we had some Harvey fallout that nuked my internet at home for a couple days. And I can't always log in from work, so I've been quiet. My apologies!

The surge of adrenaline has completely purged the lethargy you felt when you escaped the tubes. You're now functioning at full capacity.

[You can take two actions per turn. You've each taken one already, but you get another before the armed guards act. Here are your options:

Evade
Focus
Test for an ability
Attack
Move

Two special Actions you can perform in Combat are Focus and Evade. When you choose to Focus, the next time you attack, your Test is successful on a roll of 4, 5, or 6, increasing your chances of hitting the enemy. Your Focus Action remains in effect until you choose to attack or until the end of combat, so the Action can carry over to other turns. There is no benefit to stacking Focus Actions.

When you choose to Evade, until the start of your next turn, you can Test 1d6 when you are successfully hit by an enemy. If your Test is successful, you evade the attack and do not take damage.]

WMO?
2017-09-06, 10:52 PM
I'm going to Focus and try and get a bead on the leader

Glad you're okay! Welcome back

super345
2017-09-07, 03:22 PM
As I jump at the guard I put all of my concentration and focus into making sure it hits