PDA

View Full Version : Why is my board pink?

Jibar
2007-08-11, 10:54 AM
For a while now, whenever I load up a new page or refresh one, the boards change colour. That normal beige colour turns into a pinky-beige-creme kinda colour.
I've looked at it, and it's not just my eyes. Every now and then the board changes colour.
It's not really a problem, but it can be kind of annoying.
I'm pretty sure it's not anything to do with my monitor. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Lord Herman
2007-08-11, 10:57 AM
That happens to me too, but not very often. I have no idea what causes it.

Rawhide
2007-08-11, 11:04 AM
Try pressing Ctrl-F5?

Jibar
2007-08-11, 11:29 AM
Sure, that fixs it, but I'm wondering why it happens in the first place.

Pink
2007-08-11, 12:50 PM
Behold, the almighty power of PINK! MWahahahahaha!

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-11, 01:05 PM
Don't judge the board software because of its choice of colour. It just likes pink, so what?

Castaras
2007-08-11, 01:21 PM
Exactly! And what is wrong with pink?

I quite like some pinks. Use one of them as my chatting colour on MSN, AIM, and Yahoo. :smallsmile:

TheOtherMC
2007-08-11, 01:22 PM
Maybe you're just special Jibar. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2007-08-11, 02:35 PM

Pink?
Pink?
Well what's wrong with pink?
Seems to me you got a pink kink in your think,
Well it don't matter what colour you are, oh nope,
Be it pink, purple or heliotrope,

Now as for the dancing, well you can do more,
You can reach great heights, in fact you can soar,
Just lift one leg up and you slap it on down,
And you'll find you're up in what's called a bound!
Bound, bound, bound and rebound!
And I think you can do it if you give it a try!

I'll stop now.
All from memory.

Anyway... I don't mind the pink, I just want to know why it happens. Hermy has it happen too.

TheOtherMC
2007-08-11, 03:02 PM
You really could just be THAT cool....

Hermy has it happen too.

That's just residual coolnes from you!

Katonta
2007-08-13, 11:38 AM
Pink?
Pink?
Well what's wrong with pink?
Seems to me you got a pink kink in your think,
Well it don't matter what colour you are, oh nope,
Be it pink, purple or heliotrope,

Now as for the dancing, well you can do more,
You can reach great heights, in fact you can soar,
Just lift one leg up and you slap it on down,
And you'll find you're up in what's called a bound!
Bound, bound, bound and rebound!
And I think you can do it if you give it a try!

Jibar, I think your coolness just went up by a factor of 10.

I'll stop now.
All from memory.

Although the fact that you sang it from memory just increased my weirded out factor by 5. That song is defiantly my favorite of the Pixar(?) shorts.

Anyway... I don't mind the pink, I just want to know why it happens. Hermy has it happen too.
I think this may have happened to me too, but I really don't mind or pay attention to it. If it doesn't affect my ability to view the forums, than I'm fine.

Quincunx
2007-08-13, 11:47 AM
The board's grabbing the background color from the header ("Giant in the Playground Forum [Giant Footprint Logo]") instead of using its own beige background. Why it does that, I do not know.

Jibar
2007-08-13, 01:20 PM
Jibar, I think your coolness just went up by a factor of 10.

Although the fact that you sang it from memory just increased my weirded out factor by 5. That song is defiantly my favorite of the Pixar(?) shorts.

If I watched it again I could do the whole thing for you, but it's been years since I last watched it.

onasuma
2007-08-13, 01:37 PM

"Its not manly. Everyone should have shaven heads and play football" he says whilst playing with his pony tail

Castaras
2007-08-13, 01:47 PM
So what? I know quite a few boys who like pink. Hell, on one of our non-uniform days, a guy I know came in wearing pink. :smalltongue:

Pink
2007-08-13, 01:49 PM
So what? I know quite a few boys who like pink. Hell, on one of our non-uniform days, a guy I know came in wearing pink. :smalltongue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/pink_lugia/Pink.jpg

onasuma
2007-08-13, 01:58 PM
Actually its a real man, or a chav

FoE
2007-08-28, 10:58 PM
If my screen ever turns pink, I may cry.

Zephra
2007-09-01, 09:00 AM
But pink is better than band-aid!

...and Jibar is really, really, cool. From memory? nice.

Lucky
2007-09-01, 12:04 PM
But pink is better than band-aid!
Hardly. .

Pyro
2007-09-01, 03:02 PM

I remember when some kids used to wear pink. They almost made themselves into a cult and would spazz at anyone who would wear pink. "You're just wearing pink because we did it first!" Then most of those kids became skaters, who are equally cultish, always walking around school in packs and their "hardcore" band t-shirts. I blame MTV...

North
2007-09-01, 04:10 PM
I blame the parents. Shouldnt be letting MTV in the house if the kis are that gullibleimpressionable

Leliel
2007-09-02, 03:44 PM
Dunno.

Maybe its trying to "come out of the closet":smallconfused: ?

"Note: This is not meant as an offense towards people who are actually homosexual, just their pop culture image. Though if you are offended, The author is sorry."

atteSmythe
2007-09-04, 09:37 AM
My first guess would be that occasionally, for whatever reason (server load?), your browser isn't correctly downloading the CSS file, or one of the CSS files, and you see some default color that's never used elsewhere. In development, I could see setting a garish color as the 'default' so that you can clearly see when you mistakenly leave an element unformatted. But that would explain why it's only occasional, and why it's fixed by a reload.