PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

Westhart
2017-08-28, 10:58 AM
Olov's Coffin Trick
Conjuration (Healing and Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Trickery 9
Components: V, S, AF
Casting Time: 1 minute
Duration: 1 day/level or until discharged (see text)
Range: Touch
Target: A single coffin
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
You imbue a coffin with a few powerful abilities. First anyone entering that knows the command word may teleport to any other empty coffin on the same plane. After they arrive the traveler is healed of 10 hp/CL and a greater restoration is cast on him. Once someone goes through the coffin the spell is discharged.
Arcane Focus: The coffin that this spell is cast on with a painted holy symbol made of a mixture of ash bone and precious metals costing 2000 gp.

rferries
2017-08-28, 01:02 PM
Olov's Coffin Trick
Conjuration (Healing and Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Trickery 9
Components: V, S, AF
Casting Time: 1 minute
Duration: 1 day/level or until discharged (see text)
Range: Touch
Target: A single coffin
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
You imbue a coffin with a few powerful abilities. First anyone entering that knows the command word may teleport to any other empty coffin on the same plane. After they arrive the traveler is healed of 10 hp/CL and a greater restoration is cast on him. Once someone goes through the coffin the spell is discharged.
Arcane Focus: The coffin that this spell is cast on with a painted holy symbol made of a mixture of ash bone and precious metals costing 2000 gp.

Arcane healing, but done in a very flavourful way so kudos!

Westhart
2017-08-28, 01:03 PM
Arcane healing, but done in a very flavourful way so kudos!

i think I'm in the lot who believe that arcanists should get healing (but I put it under necromancy so [shrug]). Thanks :smallbiggrin:

Xzoltar
2017-09-01, 02:50 PM
Like the spell, but I don't think its a Trickery domain spell. Maybe some sort of Vampiric, Coffin, Ravenloft or whatever domain

rferries
2017-09-01, 07:20 PM
Like the spell, but I don't think its a Trickery domain spell. Maybe some sort of Vampiric, Coffin, Ravenloft or whatever domain

Could certainly be vampire-themed, but I think it works great as Trickery - you fool everyone into thinking you're dead! :)

Westhart
2017-09-04, 11:40 AM
Hmm, I agree with rferries... Plus he was an optimized cleric/wiz caster :smallbiggrin:

Could certainly be vampire-themed, but I think it works great as Trickery - you fool everyone into thinking you're dead! :)

Yeah, I have to agree