Level: Sor/Wiz 11
Components: S, AF
Casting Time: Standard Action
Duration: 11 days and nights
Range: Long
Area: A sphere 1 mile long/2 caster levels
Saving Throw: Fort, see text
Spell Resistance: No
Created by the jokester Olov, this spell conjures large boiled eggs which rain from the sky for 11 days and nights. After the first day any area not under cover is treated as rough terrain. Any creature not under cover takes 1d4/level subdual damage a round, and after 3 days anyone in the area must make a fortitude save or be nauseated until they leave the area and for 1d4 rounds after. After the duration has passed, all the eggs disappear leaving only the hint of rotten eggs.

Arcane Focus: A painted ceramic egg.

rferries
2017-08-28, 01:01 PM
This is the same power level as an epic spell, so sor/wiz is way too low. However I may be missing a joke reference so apologies if I'm taking this and your other spells too seriously haha.

Westhart
2017-08-28, 01:06 PM
This is the same power level as an epic spell, so sor/wiz is way too low. However I may be missing a joke reference so apologies if I'm taking this and your other spells too seriously haha.

Nope, had a trickster gnome I played once with a **** ton of spells he invented... along with comical traps... lost most the papers of his spells :smallfrown: but these survived (somewhat, if one looks past ink and coffee stains :smallbiggrin:) Out of curiosity what is the epic spell? (I play mostly epic but we usually jsut cut out the ELH as it mostly sucks).

rferries
2017-08-28, 05:32 PM
Ha good times!

Epic spells here. (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicSpells.htm) I assume you're aiming for the power level of control weather, but this is considerably stronger - 13d4 damage/round minimum, for 11 days, out to a radius of at least 5 miles. Nobody would waste their time with Pestilence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/pestilence.htm) (or wail of the banshee) when they could use a 7th-level spell to give creatures so much nonlethal damage that they'll starve to death long before they regain consciousness.

Westhart
2017-08-29, 07:02 AM
Ha good times!

Epic spells here. (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicSpells.htm) I assume you're aiming for the power level of control weather, but this is considerably stronger - 13d4 damage/round minimum, for 11 days, out to a radius of at least 5 miles. Nobody would waste their time with Pestilence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/pestilence.htm) (or wail of the banshee) when they could use a 7th-level spell to give creatures so much nonlethal damage that they'll starve to death long before they regain consciousness.

switched it to an 11

AOKost
2017-08-31, 03:37 PM
Hilarious XD This would make a great unexpected trap too... one quick question... could someone catch some of the eggs in a frying pan and eat them and gain sustenance?

rferries
2017-08-31, 07:53 PM
Hilarious XD This would make a great unexpected trap too... one quick question... could someone catch some of the eggs in a frying pan and eat them and gain sustenance?

And they said wall of iron + fabricate broke the economy, wait until they get a load of unlimited eggs! :D

Westhart
2017-09-01, 08:12 AM
Yes, although they would have to do so carefully :smallbiggrin:

And they said wall of iron + fabricate broke the economy, wait until they get a load of unlimited eggs! :D

Actually Olov used this to supply a city... except he had to use his coffin trick again when the eggs disappeared after a few days XD

rferries
2017-09-01, 07:38 PM
Actually Olov used this to supply a city... except he had to use his coffin trick again when the eggs disappeared after a few days XD

That must have been a crazy campaign! :D

Westhart
2017-09-02, 07:53 PM
That must have been a crazy campaign! :D

Hehe, he had to pull overtime to convince the party he was worth it... but then they comprised a warblade, favored soul, and swordsage (unarmed variant) and he was a fully optimized illusionist si he pulled his weight when necessary ^^