PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Coma (spell)

Westhart
2017-08-28, 11:20 AM
Most will disagree with evocation and probably want this in enchantment...

Coma
Evocation [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Trickery 5, Bard 4, Lesser Warlock Invocation (Fae)
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 round/2 levels
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You lash out and the subject you hit falls to the ground, unable to act.
You use a blast of force energy to render one subject who fails their save comatose. They fall to the ground prone, and are unable to act, treat them as immobilized for the purposes of sneak attacks etc.

rferries
2017-08-28, 12:48 PM
Haha it just goes to show that any spell effect can be rationalised for any spell school. Compared to hold monster I'd say it's balanced - shorter duration and touch-range but doesn't allow extra saves and can affect creatures immune to mind-affecting effects.

Westhart
2017-08-28, 12:53 PM
Haha it just goes to show that any spell effect can be rationalised for any spell school. Compared to hold monster I'd say it's balanced - shorter duration and touch-range but doesn't allow extra saves and can affect creatures immune to mind-affecting effects.

Evocation can use a little something nice from time to time... Also off topic but you were messing around with evocation in one of your posts thought you might like this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370311-Fixing-Evocation-Over-100-spells) All credit to Realms of Chaos, I had nothing to do with it.

rferries
2017-08-28, 05:26 PM
Evocation can use a little something nice from time to time... Also off topic but you were messing around with evocation in one of your posts thought you might like this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370311-Fixing-Evocation-Over-100-spells) All credit to Realms of Chaos, I had nothing to do with it.

Pretty cool! I wanted to do away with the school but he/she makes a great argument for keeping it.

Westhart
2017-08-29, 07:06 AM
Pretty cool! I wanted to do away with the school but he/she makes a great argument for keeping it.

Yeah, I think at some point for my next campaign the schools are gonna be changed up. Thought you might like it :smallbiggrin:

AOKost
2017-08-31, 03:29 PM
Personally, I love that you included it as a Lesser Warlock Invocation... Thank you! Warlocks (in my opinion) don't get enough love lol

Very nice flavor, and mechanically done.

I'm not that great at balancing spells, so I generally leave that to others lol

Westhart
2017-09-01, 08:14 AM
Personally, I love that you included it as a Lesser Warlock Invocation... Thank you! Warlocks (in my opinion) don't get enough love lol

Very nice flavor, and mechanically done.

I'm not that great at balancing spells, so I generally leave that to others lol

Yeah, same for the balance and I completely agree with you on warlock's (working on a redo, done except for some major formatting and a heritage line (archaic-abberation) along with sorting invocations between heritage specific and universal been working on it for prop 3 months now, counting what I jotted while on vacation that is XD