PDA

View Full Version : Something like the Undying Court i 5e?

ZorroGames
2017-08-28, 12:28 PM
Found something I really like in Ebberron link http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Undying_Court

Does anything like this exist in 5e?

Nifft
2017-08-28, 12:33 PM
Sure, just run a game in that setting.

There's no such thing in the Forgotten Realms, which is a different setting, and unfortunately the only setting with official 5e support -- but it's not hard to homebrew an Eberron game, which will have the Undying Court.

(Or to homebrew your own setting, of course. Which is fun and I recommend it.)

ZorroGames
2017-08-28, 01:44 PM
Sure, just run a game in that setting.

There's no such thing in the Forgotten Realms, which is a different setting, and unfortunately the only setting with official 5e support -- but it's not hard to homebrew an Eberron game, which will have the Undying Court.

(Or to homebrew your own setting, of course. Which is fun and I recommend it.)
😱

Actually not surprised.

Not willing to learn Eberron from scratch, especially with no source materials in my collection.

Did the last twice - OD&D and AD&D/1st; trying to avoid that much work and just hoped I could tie it in for a PC as a player.

Maybe I will talk with the AL organiser and see what may be "close enough" for my purposes.

Millstone85
2017-08-28, 02:08 PM
Does anything like this exist in 5e?The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide names both the Undying Court of Aerenal and its enemy the lich-queen Vol as potential patrons if you want to play a warlock of the Undying outside of the Realms.

I think the subclass fits good-aligned or positively-charged undeath pretty well, actually.

Maybe I will talk with the AL organiser and see what may be "close enough" for my purposes.AL is FR only, right? You might be out of luck.