PDA

View Full Version : Player Help SOP Armorist Problem

Nosta
2017-08-28, 10:25 PM
I am having a few Problems with Building an Armorist from Sop

First off my Gm is ok with class But Not the magic of SOP and there for has Ban sphere magic
how ever i can use every other part of the class.
I am not to sure why my Gm will not allow sphere magic there's no in game reason

so my question is can my character work out with out sphere magic or should i scrap it and move on to another build

my second question is.

what would be the Best items to Bind in Terms of over all effectiveness in general
And since i can use sphere magic, what Arsenal tricks would be best for my character

I am playing human cause i want to get exotic weapons prof through racial class bonus

Ssalarn
2017-08-29, 12:32 AM
You're going to be at a serious disadvantage if you can't use the spellcasting you're intended to have. Will he let you use an alternate spellcasting progression like Bloodrager, Ranger, or Paladin? That might help, but honestly it's not a class I personally would play without sphere magic.

I find that it's best to bind weapons that are versatile and dissimilar so you can cover different situations effectively. Lucerne hammer is a personal favorite along with higher crit weapon like a nodachi and a ranged weapon like a bow as my basic line-up.

EldritchWeaver
2017-08-29, 06:10 AM
I am having a few Problems with Building an Armorist from Sop

First off my Gm is ok with class But Not the magic of SOP and there for has Ban sphere magic
how ever i can use every other part of the class.
I am not to sure why my Gm will not allow sphere magic there's no in game reason

so my question is can my character work out with out sphere magic or should i scrap it and move on to another build

my second question is.

what would be the Best items to Bind in Terms of over all effectiveness in general
And since i can use sphere magic, what Arsenal tricks would be best for my character

I am playing human cause i want to get exotic weapons prof through racial class bonus

Armorist is a class which depends on having access to the spheres. Binding staves will simply not work, if you have no spheres to work with. Considering Armorist is a Tier 4 class, wreaking havoc with the campaign isn't something you'll be able to achieve. So removing parts of the power without giving something else in return is basically making this a worse fighter, who isn't that much item dependent.

If your GM doesn't want the spheres system in the game, it is better to avoid playing any class depending on the spheres. I would suggest then to look at the soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/). Aside from the Wild Talent feat, the class is being granted, it has no ties to psionics (aside from fluff). I suppose, if you promise not to use any psionic powers, it should be acceptable to your GM, too.

Afgncaap5
2017-08-29, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'd look into Bard or Paladin style spellcasting. It's not at all how the class was meant to be played, but you can probably still get something workable. If you get Paladin-style, see if you can get an equivalent to cantrips before the fourth level.

Having said that: have you asked your GM why sphere casting is banned? If not, I'd encourage you to make that inquiry. If it's something like "I don't want people to be able to freeze time/fly/turn invisible/cast burning hands/teleport at level one", then it might be worth pointing out that GMs are encouraged to prune entire spheres from the repertoire of classes for the sake of worldbuilding, something that I think a lot of GMs miss when they look at the system.