PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.P Swift Ambusher question

SpamCreateWater
2017-08-28, 10:33 PM
A player of mine has created a Whisper Gnome Swift Ambusher. Currently at Scout 4 / Rogue 2, they are about to take their 7th level.

We're using a Pathfinder base with 3.5 allowed. So 7th level nets them a feat. What class / feat could they take considering their current load? I'm open to ACF / archetype retraining too (they are currently using base Scout and uRogue).
Current feats: Point Blank Shot (1), Rapid Shot (3), Improved Skirmish (Bonus Scout), Swift Ambusher (5)

I just noticed, as I was writing this, that they don't have Precise Shot. I think I waived that and added it into Point Blank Shot.
I've looked at the Swift Ambusher guide but I doubt they'll go for Manticore rapid shot and the campaign will end before they get the prerequisites for Teflammar. I'm happy for them to use ToB, but I don't think they'd appreciate the increase in complexity.

SpamCreateWater
2017-08-30, 06:40 PM
Hello, friends?

I will add some more details in the hope that it sparks something.

The player - most of the time - wishes to sit within the 30ft range and plink away (So they get Sneak Attack). I have thought about suggesting more Rogue, and the PF Archetype that allows them to Sneak Attack a further 10ft away every few levels.
I have suggested Craven, but the player is stubborn when it comes to the flavour of feats and he does not see his character as lacking (any more than a Rogue does) in Will.