PDA

View Full Version : GOO warlock patron (on short notice)

Blindseer
2017-08-29, 05:28 AM
In my group we are starting a new 5e campaign tomorrow, and I decided to swap characters last minute. I'm sticking with the GOOlock, but instead of a drow I'm playing a Yuan-Ti pureblood charlatan (the species is fair game in this campaign, mostly because the dm doesn't know that much, and frankly doesn't care) What would be a fun GOO to choose so I still get that tentacly greatness, an odd overall goal, and some campaign interference?

(Bonus points if someone has a backstory idea)

Kobard
2017-08-29, 08:23 AM
Dendar, the Night Serpent, would be an obvious choice. She is an elder evil who consumes nightmares and is linked with the speculated end of the world. Dendar may have offered a yuan-ti charlatan a glimpse into her power to strike fear into their hearts, turning them into a doomsayer, who unintentionally stirs up in the hearts and minds of others further nightmares for her to consume.

Naanomi
2017-08-29, 08:34 AM
Lots of snake based horrors out there in mythology to choose from; very setting dependent (Dendar is very 'Forgotten realm lore-bound' despite being defined as a Great Old One)

Scathain
2017-08-29, 10:56 AM
Yig from Lovecraft lore is another fun option.

Blindseer
2017-08-29, 11:32 AM
Dendar, the Night Serpent, would be an obvious choice. She is an elder evil who consumes nightmares and is linked with the speculated end of the world. Dendar may have offered a yuan-ti charlatan a glimpse into her power to strike fear into their hearts, turning them into a doomsayer, who unintentionally stirs up in the hearts and minds of others further nightmares for her to consume.

Thank you, this answer is especially helpful. I had looked into various GOO options and honestly forgotten about her. This works especially well with the Yuan-Ti. The charlatan background is up for change by the way. I might make a slight alteration or two.

Ovarwa
2017-09-02, 12:15 PM
Your patron can be James Earl Jones, from Conan the Barbarian. :)/2

(Or maybe that's your character.)

AttilatheYeon
2017-09-02, 01:07 PM
Your patron can be James Earl Jones, from Conan the Barbarian. :)/2

(Or maybe that's your character.)

Why not just make the patron James Earl Jones the actor? The OP is already a Charlatan. 😉

Kuulvheysoon
2017-09-02, 02:09 PM
Depending on the timeframe, you could even have them be a servant of the "true" Sseth- I know in 3.5e Set had assumed Sseth's role by pretending to be him.