View Full Version : Rules Q&A Full attack and multiple natural attacks

Goaty14
2017-08-29, 04:17 PM
If I use a full attack action with 4 natural attacks, BaB +8/+3, and Superior Multiweapon Fighting, then how many attacks do I make?

Additionally, if I make a standard attack (assuming I took a move action in the turn too) then how many attacks do I make then?

Thanks!
-Goaty14

Necroticplague
2017-08-29, 04:36 PM
If I use a full attack action with 4 natural attacks, BaB +8/+3, and Superior Multiweapon Fighting, then how many attacks do I make?
I don't know about Superior Multiweapon fighting, but it's 6 with one weapon (Both BaB attacks with a manufactured weapon, then all natural, then all downgraded to secondary natural weapons).

Additionally, if I make a standard attack (assuming I took a move action in the turn too) then how many attacks do I make then?
One.

Valmark
2017-08-29, 04:38 PM
For standard attacks it is at +8, with the primary natural attack

For full, with multiweapon and superior multiweapon it should be all attacks at +8, but not sure

Goaty14
2017-08-29, 04:52 PM
I don't know about Superior Multiweapon fighting, but it's 6 with one weapon (Both BaB attacks with a manufactured weapon, then all natural, then all downgraded to secondary natural weapons).
One.
1.Superior multiweapon fighting negates penalties for fighting with more than one weapon (at least that's what the text said)
2.So my BaB doesn't change my natural attacks? What if I'm not using a natural weapon?

Valmark
2017-08-29, 04:57 PM
Bab gives additional attacks on manufactured weapons, natural attacks don't get additional and are at your highest bab (+8)

Gruftzwerg
2017-08-29, 05:11 PM
important side note first: you can't use a weapon and claw attacks at the same time, only either one or a 1hand + 1 offhand claw (or if you have more than 2 arms, each arm for either claw or weapon).

now on topic:
you use ALL your natural attacks as secondary. That means they all get -5 (or -2 if you take Multiattack feat) + your attacks with your weapon (+8/+3).

edit: to make it more clear:

without multiattack:
+8/+3 with weapon +3 with all NA

with multiattack:
+8/+3 with weapon +6 with all NA

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-29, 05:26 PM
What Gruftzwerg said. With Multiweapon Fighting, Multiattack, four hands, and (say) a bite and a tail slap, here's your attack routine:

Base attack +8
Main-hand +6/+1 - Iterative attack from base attack. Penalty from using off-hands, reduced to -2 with Multiweapon Fighting
Three off-hands +6 - Penalty from using off-hands. No iterative attack, though you could get Improved Multiweapon Fighting for another set of off-hand attacks.
Bite +4 - Penalty from using off-hands applies to all attacks. Penalty for secondary natural attack, reduced to -2 with Multiattack.
Tail slap +4 - Same as bite.

Necroticplague
2017-08-29, 07:01 PM
2.So my BaB doesn't change my natural attacks? What if I'm not using a natural weapon?

Correct, try reading the rules for natural weapons.

Natural weapons are weapons that are physically a part of a creature. A creature making a melee attack with a natural weapon is considered armed and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Likewise, it threatens any space it can reach. Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons. The number of attacks a creature can make with its natural weapons depends on the type of the attack—generally, a creature can make one bite attack, one attack per claw or tentacle, one gore attack, one sting attack, or one slam attack (although Large creatures with arms or arm-like limbs can make a slam attack with each arm). Refer to the individual monster descriptions.
If you're not using a natural weapon, then you do get additional attacks from BaB. However, there's a caveat to that (thus, why standard action is almost always one attack)

Full Attack

If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

KillianHawkeye
2017-08-30, 04:18 PM

Thanks!
-Goaty14

So, if you want really specific answers, you're going to have to give more specific information....

You say you have four natural attacks, and you're using Superior Multiweapon Fighting (or are you referring to Superior Two-Weapon Fighting?). So, what are your natural attacks exactly? How many manufactured weapons are you using along with your natural attacks? Are any of your natural weapons (typically claws) getting overridden by a manufactured weapon held in the same limb? How are you getting Superior Multiweapon/Two-Weapon Fighting, which isn't actually a feat (and also has nothing to do with natural weapons)?

This is a complicated subject, and the best way to explain it is usually with some relevant examples.