PDA

View Full Version : [homebrew] Revamped Shamanic Soul - new Sorcerer subtype.

8wGremlin
2017-08-29, 05:03 PM
Shamanic Soul
Sometimes the spark of magic that fuels a sorcerer comes from a force of nature itself. Having such a Shamanic soul, your innate magic might come from a distant, but powerful, familial connection to a nature spirit, dryad or other fae being. Perhaps your ancestor was a dryad sent to fight in the defence of Nature itself. Or your birth might align with an ancient prophecy, marking you as a servant of the nature or a chosen vessel of a nature spirit.

Natural Magic
Your link to Nature allows you to learn spells normally associated with the Druid class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the Druid spell list, in addition to the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you. In all instances where the spell says Wisdom, or Wisdom modifier, replace with Charisma or Charisma modifier respectivly for casting the spell.

Natural hardiness
At 1st level, the blessing of the gods grants you enhanced durability. Your hit point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 again whenever you gain a level in this class.

Favored by the Spirits
Starting at 1st level, nature spirits guide your destiny. If you fail a saving throw, or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Elemental Spirit Mastery
Starting at 2nd level, Your intrinsic link to the spirits of nature have allowed you to call upon them to help your magic overcome obstacles.

As the Sun radiates down, nature grows and decays in a cycle of life and death, the winds blow, the river flows, animals fight with tooth, claw and poison as the storm flashes and booms above, you get to call on them all, to aid you in your endeavours.

For 1sp you can change the listed element damage type of a spell or cantrip to another element damage type, such as turning Fire to Thunder

"Acid, Cold, Fire, Force, Lightning, Necrotic, Poison, Radiant, or Thunder"

Blessed Countenance
At 6th level, your link to nature causes you to undergo a minor physical transformation. Your appearance takes on an preternatural version of one of the following qualities (your choice): beautiful, ugly, youthful, elderly, kind, or imposing.
Whatever your choice, if your proficiency bonus applies to a Charisma check, double that bonus.

Natural Purity
At 14th level, you become immune to disease, poison damage, and the poisoned condition.

Preternatural Recovery
At 18th level, you gain the ability to overcome grievous injuries. As a bonus action when you have less than half of your hit points remaining, you can regain a number of hit points equal to half your hit point maximum.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

Homebrewery link - http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Byp6Mnbae

lunaticfringe
2017-08-29, 05:49 PM
I dig it. I'm working on my own version of a Druid Favored Soul. If I were to allow it I would drop Blessed Countenance and move Elemental Spirit Mastery to 6. I'd also limit it to Fire, Lightning, Cold, Acid, Thunder. Just personal preference, I think its a solid archetype. Good Job!

Zanthy1
2017-08-29, 06:58 PM
I've been working on something similar as well, using the favored soul notion. Its funny to see how much overlap we seem to have.