PDA

View Full Version : (nWoD/CoD) Half Templates

Birdwood
2017-08-29, 05:58 PM
Hail folks

Ive started reading in preparation for an upcoming nWoD table with my friends and, since im the only one who actually bothers to read the books as a hobby, I read many systems so I can help others to build their own characters (this ST will make it a multi-template table)

As I read WtF, I found out that Wolf Bloods (which I call a half-template) have a few Werewolf characteristics (including the Tells), but they can become other templates (for instance, being bitten by a Vampire.

Talking about it to a friend, he asked if there were such "half"-templates for other templates, and I couldnt answer him properly.

Is anyone able to list them for me? No need to give me the full details on them, but Id appreciate something like the half-template name, the full template, and a book I can look into.

Thanks in advance!

Milo v3
2017-08-29, 06:32 PM
VtR: Ghoul (VtR 2e)
WtF: Wolfblooded (WtF 2e)
MtA: Proximi (MtA 2e)
CtL: Feytouched (CtL 2e.... assuming they haven't been cut considering they've changed a lot since Feytouched were previewed)
DtD: Stigmatics & Demonblooded & Nephilim (DtD, DtD: Heirs to Hell, DtD: Storytellers Guide)

Birdwood
2017-08-29, 06:35 PM
VtR: Ghoul (VtR 2e)
WtF: Wolfblooded (WtF 2e)
MtA: Proximi (MtA 2e)
CtL: Feytouched (CtL 2e.... assuming they haven't been cut considering they've changed a lot since Feytouched were previewed)
DtD: Stigmatics & Demonblooded & Nephilim (DtD, DtD: Heirs to Hell, DtD: Storytellers Guide)

And all of those are able to be transformed into anything else, as with Wolf Blooded?

Milo v3
2017-08-29, 06:55 PM
And all of those are able to be transformed into anything else, as with Wolf Blooded?
I think only stigmatics and wolfblooded. But there isn't exactly much text in the game about crossover (iirc, stigmatics mechanics don't even reference that it can be retained, there was just a mage in one story who retained their stigmata) so theoretically all of them could be retained, or it could just be wolfblooded.

Birdwood
2017-08-29, 06:58 PM
I think only stigmatics and wolfblooded. But there isn't exactly much text in the game about crossover (iirc, stigmatics mechanics don't even reference that it can be retained, there was just a mage in one story who retained their stigmata).

I see; i did research it and found out that nothing disallows Proximi to become other things, but they only retain their Proximus merits and abilities if they Awaken

ill keep looking for more evidence

many thanks for your assistance, fellow netizen!

JBPuffin
2017-08-29, 07:08 PM
I thought this was a thread where OP was going to post their own half-templates and got a little hyped...

Birdwood
2017-08-29, 07:12 PM
I thought this was a thread where OP was going to post their own half-templates and got a little hyped...

oh no
sorry to disappoint you XD
ive just had a couple of nWoD sessions, im not gonna start meddling w the system so soon XD

JBPuffin
2017-08-29, 08:26 PM
oh no
sorry to disappoint you XD
ive just had a couple of nWoD sessions, im not gonna start meddling w the system so soon XD

It's fine - I also just realized I had my tabs crossed and that this is in the plain RP section, not homebrew, so...:smallbiggrin:.

Jaeda
2017-08-29, 09:42 PM
Ghouls are an acquired template, unlike most of them which are more intrinsic. You can become a ghoul later on (by drinking vitae) and you can lose it (by going cold turkey) so it is possible to transmigrate between templates. Being a ghoul should suppress or remove an existing template though. I recall there being evidence that supernaturals can resist the ghouling effect, but you can do what suits your chronicle.

If you're willing to do fan-games, Princess: The Hopeful is fairly well done. The Sworn is another acquired minor template (gotten by pledging yourself to the courts of one of the Queens), so they theoretically could have been something else first (but again, they should only have one template at a time). Its also unusual in that becoming a Sworn is entirely voluntary. If your players are wanting to be the last beacons of light in the world of darkness, you might want to consider it. If not, you probably want to stay away.