PDA

View Full Version : 100 Adventure Ideas Favorites?

Afgncaap5
2017-08-30, 01:32 AM
Just an idle thought: I love the books that contain the "100 Adventure Ideas" style tables. They range from straightforward "They've uncovered an ancient dungeon to explore!" style things, to logical extensions of the world's problems in the "Monster X is terrorizing Village Y and/or preying upon Herd Animal Z!" Some of them suggest intriguing uses of established spells or magic items, others propose magical effects that, while potentially not impossible with D&D magic, are probably most easily just unique magic effects that exist within the story. Some of them are just funny (I always liked the one in Complete Scoundrel that requires you to explain to a Mummy why you have a right to be in its tomb.)

I've not used many of these, but I really like some of the thought and imagination behind them. I was wondering if anyone had any conceptual favorites or, to go a step further, if anyone's used any of these suggestions in actual games for memorable effect. The only one I've actually used myself is the hook about rare frogs falling from the sky in the DMG, and sadly that game didn't last long, but it was fun while it did.