PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

Westhart
2017-08-30, 10:05 AM
Found another one of Olov's spells while going through an old notebook, along with the metamagic feat it eventually turned into. As always PEACH.

Olov's No Show
Illusion
Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Cleric 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Swift or Full Round
Duration: Permanent
Range: Close (25'+5'/level)
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
With this spell you mark another spell with a duration besides instantaneous. The spell is now invisible, to both sight and magic.
This spell makes the effects of any one spell invisible, and makes it so that a detect spell does not detect as magic, and even true seeing does not penetrate this spell's effect unless the caster succeeds on a Spellcraft check (DC 25), but for some reason Olov deicded to let see invisibility pierce the spell. This spell can be applied to a spell as it is cast in which case it's a swift action or it can be cast as a full round action to add it to a preexisting spell. If this spell is not the caster's then it takes a spellcraft check (10+spell level) to do so. Spells that rely on sight to affect a creature do not function with this applied, and other senses are not affected, so a wall of fire still emanates heat, if a spelll is audible you can still hear it and so on.

Stealthy Spell
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 9 ranks
Benefits: When you cast a spell with this metamagic feat applied it does not show up as magical to effects such as detect magic, and its effects are invisible. In addition true seeing doesn't see through it. A stealthy spell takes up a slot 1 level higher.

Unlike the spell the metamagic feat could not be applied afterwards.

jqavins
2017-08-30, 02:58 PM
This has comic applications, such as applying it to illusions.

rferries
2017-08-30, 07:37 PM
Found another one of Olov's spells while going through an old notebook, along with the metamagic feat it eventually turned into. As always PEACH.

Olov's No Show
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Cleric 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Free or Full Round
Duration: Permanent
Range: Close (25'+5'/level)
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
With this spell you mark another spell with a duration besides instantaneous. The spell is now invisible, to both sight and magic.
This spell makes the effects of any one spell invisible, and makes it so that a detect spell does not detect as magic, and even true seeing does not penetrate this spell's effect. This spell can be applied to a spell as it is cast in which case it's a free action or it can be cast as a full round action to add it to a preexisting spell. If this spell is not the caster's then it takes a spellcraft check (10+spell level) to do so.

Stealthy Spell
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 9 ranks
Benefits: When you cast a spell with this metamagic feat applied it does not show up as magical to effects such as detect magic, and its effects are invisible. In addition true seeing doesn't see through it. A stealthy spell takes up a slot 2 levels higher.

Unlike the spell the metamagic feat could not be applied afterwards.

Olov's No-Show essentially duplicates the Invisible Spell (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/cityscape--53/invisible-spell--1684/index.html) metamagic feat, but that spell is non-Core and hardly overpowered so that's fine. What's the material component?

Similarly, Stealthy Spell could be a +1 metamagic adjustment (or less, it's far from a broken effect!).

Many RP applications, yes - the classic combat application is an invisible fog cloud against a creature with see invisibility - you and your allies can see fine but the creature is blinded by its own cleverness :D

Westhart
2017-08-31, 06:55 AM
This has comic applications, such as applying it to illusions.
:smallcool:

Olov's No-Show essentially duplicates the Invisible Spell (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/cityscape--53/invisible-spell--1684/index.html) metamagic feat, but that spell is non-Core and hardly overpowered so that's fine. What's the material component?

Similarly, Stealthy Spell could be a +1 metamagic adjustment (or less, it's far from a broken effect!).

Many RP applications, yes - the classic combat application is an invisible fog cloud against a creature with see invisibility - you and your allies can see fine but the creature is blinded by its own cleverness :D

Yeah, I used invisible spell so much that the DM just gave all his NPC's detect magic at will thus this was born :smallbiggrin: Changed stealthy to +1

Darth Ultron
2017-08-31, 07:16 AM
As Olov's No Show does hide something, and even make it invisible....it might work better as an illusion spell.

And ''swift actions'' are normal for such effects, not ''free action's''

Blocking True Seeing for a 3rd level spell is a bit much.....maybe at least make this a caster check. And does see invisibility reveal the spell?

And you might need a note of ''a visual spell made invisible will not function'' unless you want the wacky stuff that will make.

And maybe note that you'd say feel the heat from a 'no show' Wall of Fire....unless you want to say this spell blocks that too. (but not the damage, of course, wink wink)

AOKost
2017-08-31, 03:54 PM
I ran through a number of things that I thought would be hilarious, and my favorite I think would be Grease... XD Think about it in a market somewhere XD A rogue with a good Reflex saves could make a nice little proffit from people preocupied with bumping into eachother and trying tnot to fall and don't know why they can't get footing XD

Westhart
2017-09-01, 08:18 AM
As Olov's No Show does hide something, and even make it invisible....it might work better as an illusion spell.

And ''swift actions'' are normal for such effects, not ''free action's''

Blocking True Seeing for a 3rd level spell is a bit much.....maybe at least make this a caster check. And does see invisibility reveal the spell?

And you might need a note of ''a visual spell made invisible will not function'' unless you want the wacky stuff that will make.

And maybe note that you'd say feel the heat from a 'no show' Wall of Fire....unless you want to say this spell blocks that too. (but not the damage, of course, wink wink)
Added

I ran through a number of things that I thought would be hilarious, and my favorite I think would be Grease... XD Think about it in a market somewhere XD A rogue with a good Reflex saves could make a nice little proffit from people preocupied with bumping into eachother and trying tnot to fall and don't know why they can't get footing XD

How about wall of iron XP