PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Pathfinder Barbarian Beast Totem

Nosta
2017-08-30, 12:14 PM
with the death of my Rogue I need a new character and It has accrued to me that i have never once played a Barbarian.
So I have come up with the Image of Feral humanoid with teeth and claws shredding my foe apart.

So I am In need of some advice for this Build

I am going chained as i hear it is better...or at least that what i understand.
As for my Race I am thinking of going Skinwalker how ever i am sure Rage-Bread is the last one for flavor reasons i rather not play a Boar type person

I will also be taking Invulnerable Rager as I know Most Barbarians Don't use High AC

Any other advice I could Get would be very much appreciated

Florian
2017-08-31, 02:21 AM
"Chained" is "better" when you know how to rage and not die from it and once youīve got rage cycling started, rage powers are, well, more powerful than their "unchained" counterparts.

Going "feral" means having the maximum number of natural attacks available and outpacing TWF, especially on feats spent. Keep in mind that you donīt get iterative attacks unless you use a manufactured weapon and use the natural attacks as secondary weapons.

So itīs either "Pig Person" or bust, as thatīs the only race that comes with atypical natural attacks and can be combined with a regular weapon. (Youīre more or less forced to keep using a TH weapon because natural attacks do have problems with overcoming DR).