PDA

View Full Version : System suggestion for a Stardew/Harvest moon tabletop rpg?

themob212
2017-08-30, 01:24 PM
Hi there

I was hoping to get some advice/inital feelings on a setting I have been working on and which system will suit it.
The setting I have been working on is that they will play retired adventurers/their children (currently everyone wants to play the young adults but I am leaving it open). The adventurers retired by founding a village in new lands that they were responsible for opening access to after 648 years of a mystical barrier being in place. The game starts 10 years after the founding of the village (fadeaway) and it has become very apparent that while the gang may have been amazing adventurers, famers they are not. The village dying and it is our players job to save it, establishing trade routes, finding rare crops to grow, making deals with the local spirits, dealing with old enemies who have come to the new world and the magical relics the adventurers brought them. I am wanting to embody that feeling you get from stardew valley and harvest moon, taking something ruined and damaged and making it thrive. I want day to day proffesional work to matter as well as the adventurers that crop up every few months
The group are a mix of experienced and inexperienced players. They have previously used Prose Descriptive Qualities but have started to ask for something a little more defined with more obvious leveling up/skill development (I give them a week).

Any advice would be amazing!

Knaight
2017-08-30, 01:53 PM
All of these are ridiculously counterintuitive, but the options for domain management are thin on the ground and these are at least decent at it. So:

Houses of the Blooded
REIGN
Adventurer, Conquerer, King

I personally like REIGN best, but it is a bit higher abstraction than the other two.

BayardSPSR
2017-08-30, 02:50 PM
Try looking into Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-granting Engine? I think that one's centered around a town that some mix of ordinary and extraordinary things happen to.

Jackalias
2017-08-30, 03:59 PM
Can't go wrong with GURPS.