PDA

View Full Version : A Wish Question

Bartmanhomer
2017-08-30, 07:19 PM
I just thought of something, Can you wish to meet any actual deity? :smile:

flappeercraft
2017-08-30, 07:24 PM
Well you can. It just isn't on the safe uses clause so a DM can do whatever he wants.

Bartmanhomer
2017-08-30, 07:25 PM
Well you can. It just isn't on the safe uses clause so a DM can do whatever he wants.

What do you mean? Explain more about it please. :smile:

tyckspoon
2017-08-30, 07:27 PM
I just thought of something, Can you wish to meet any actual deity? :smile:

One of Wish's stated abilities is the power to transport the caster (plus a group, if desired) to any location regardless of barriers or other impediments. So yes, you can totally Wish to 'go to the current location of (insert deity's name here)' and Wish will take you there. Whether that deity will be at all welcoming, bother to notice you, or even be occupying a location that is hospitable to you remaining alive and comfortable at the moment you go to them is a different question.

Pleh
2017-08-30, 08:05 PM
One of Wish's stated abilities is the power to transport the caster (plus a group, if desired) to any location regardless of barriers or other impediments. So yes, you can totally Wish to 'go to the current location of (insert deity's name here)' and Wish will take you there. Whether that deity will be at all welcoming, bother to notice you, or even be occupying a location that is hospitable to you remaining alive and comfortable at the moment you go to them is a different question.

Also depends on the DM and deity in question. Some settings may have an omnipresent deity, thus rendering a Wish spell that does nothing.

flappeercraft
2017-08-30, 08:21 PM
What do you mean? Explain more about it please. :smile:

Basically what I mean is that unless your DM rules that teleporting to any location can mean teleporting to the prescence of any creature then it is not safe to use as it can be twisted against your actual wish. This is due to the fact that Wish has a safe use clause where the listed uses in the description are completely safe to use but everything else outside that scope is depending on what the DM decides. What that means is that you can wish for it but might not get what you wanted.

Bartmanhomer
2017-08-30, 08:33 PM
Basically what I mean is that unless your DM rules that teleporting to any location can mean teleporting to the prescence of any creature then it is not safe to use as it can be twisted against your actual wish. This is due to the fact that Wish has a safe use clause where the listed uses in the description are completely safe to use but everything else outside that scope is depending on what the DM decides. What that means is that you can wish for it but might not get what you wanted.
Ok. I understand now. Thank you.