PDA

View Full Version : Kobold character help

that_one_kobold
2017-08-31, 12:25 AM
So i'm making a kobold for the next campaign im playing in, and i'm a bit stuck. My idea for him is that he is greedy and loves his shinys. He is also great at setting traps and making battle plans like tucker's kobolds. My question is, what class best captures this??? I'm thinking either mastermind rogue or artificer, but im not sure.

Azgeroth
2017-08-31, 04:47 AM
nailed it, mastermind rogue..

although thief is a good option too, meaning you could set traps as a bonus action (through their quick hands ability) and no one says 'i love the shinies' more than a thief rogue, surely?

customise the outlander backgrounder to something akin to a trapper, settings traps for your den/treasure hoarde/masters. get a free bear trap! or some kind of tinkerer so you are truly an expert of traps.

Maxilian
2017-08-31, 10:29 AM
I would go with a Thief Rogue (Mastermind does the trick too), mainly because as pointed out above, you will have your bonus action to put traps or anything like that, and it also make you better at trying to steal shinies. :P

Note: Now MC into Warlock for 3 lvls, get the Imp familiar, make yourself some wood wings, make your invisible Imp carry you, and call yourself a dragon that is looking to create a hoard :P

Mjolnirbear
2017-08-31, 11:40 AM
Artificer Gunsmith.

Advantage on attacks. Metal companion. Spells. Magic items. Tools, tools, tools.

Look to Volos for inspiration or even Inspector Gadget for sillier ideas.

For flavour make every invention super ghetto. You *could* craft a sophisticated tripwire trap with polished blades, but try a swinging rusty bear trap at face height to make everyone at the table wince.

Joe the Rat
2017-08-31, 11:59 AM
Mastermind Rogue is an interesting idea, as it lets you metagame minor traps via the Help Bonus Action.

"Aha! You have activated my trap card that I totally already placed on the field - Stink Bug Bomb! Gary, you get Advantage."