PDA

View Full Version : 1PC, 1DM evil campaign?

JamieAST
2017-08-31, 11:33 AM
Hi all! New to both the forum and to D&D, and it appears I've started in what now seems a very unconventional way. As the thread suggests I'm the PC in a one on one (1DM/1PC) campaign playing a CE Cambion... has anyone had any experience playing a campaign like this? So far we're 3 sessions in, and all seems to be going pretty well, although it's already probably quite dark for a lot of good aligned players!

UnwiseAlistair
2017-08-31, 11:38 AM
I've seen a campaign like this, with a gnome necromancer as the pc. It was a YouTube series called "dawn of the death lord."
It might be a source of inspiration.

JamieAST
2017-09-01, 02:28 AM
Cheers man, just had a look and at 2 1/2 hours for the first session it might be a while before I'm watching it in full, I tend to be better at reading than sitting and listening... I'm guessing there's not a write up?

So far in my session we seem to be avoiding many of the standard problems stated about evil campaigns; my DM seems to be ok with anything goes, and because there aren't any other PCs I *could* be a total murderhobo if I wanted (Although I haven't for two reasons: my DM would cause and effect me into some brutally tight spots, and keeping people alive, I feel, is more evil... dead people can't notice their lives being ruined!). Will be interesting to see how it develops.

Kane0
2017-09-01, 02:51 AM
Make sure to hire or otherwise acquire some minions or lackeys so you dont end up outnumbered all the time and having to do everything yourself.
Also dont skip on the evil overlord list.

JamieAST
2017-09-01, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the advice! So far, my DM has set me up with a drider NPC party member, and I've 'acquired' a LG peasant girl who was very attractive until she had half her face blown off by a rogue produce flame cantrip... I plan on trying to buff her for healing at best, and use her as a shield/pack animal at worst. Also love the overlord list, think it's gunna be a while before I've got my own volcano lair though...