PDA

View Full Version : Need code-name help

Ash Williams
2007-08-11, 08:26 PM
I play Mutants and Masterminds with a group of people, and recently, we decided to come up with a challenge: Create three characters that meet the following criteria:

1). A non-powered hero (this could include martial artists, badass Punisher types, science/tech-based heroes, etc.)
2). A traditional super-hero with powers.
3). An alien hero with preset powers that are indigineous to their race (in this case, Hank McCoy-level strength and above-average healing), but who also gains a couple extra powers when on Earth.

Now, numbers 1 and 3 haven't been that much of a difficulty for me, but with the second one, I can't think up a code-name (codenames are usually my weak point). Here's a brief rundown:

NATIONALITY: Scottish (talks more like Mike Myers than Durkon)
POWERS: A semi-solid being, like a hybrid between Clayface and Plastic Man. (If you've ever seen the TMNT episode where Mikey encounters alternate reality superhero versions of him and his brothers, this hero's the equivalent of Blobboid).
COSTUME: Originally just wore a bandana and ragged pants like a pirate stereotype, but after a mission in space, began wearing a jumpsuit that looks like the one seen here, (http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/rogue-bigcostume9.jpg) but black with red trim. (Yes, I know it's a girl wearing the outfit, but it still looks cool).
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Originally a shorter guy with muscles (5'6", 165 lbs.), with red-blond hair and a beard. After the accident, he's got a similar build, but with translucent navy blue skin and hair, and green eyes with no pupils.
PERSONALITY: Unlike most "freak" heroes who spend 70% of their time going the "boo hoo woe is me, I'm a monster" attitude, Jerry's attitude is "who cares how I look? I can kick some major ass with these powers!"

Zincorium
2007-08-11, 08:30 PM
Somehow I cannot get the image of a scotsman screaming "I AM THE PUTTY!" out of my head, so I'm gonna have to go with that.

nerulean
2007-08-12, 07:34 AM
I have pulled out my trusty thesaurus and humbly suggest something based on the words distort, deviate, twist, shift, warp, morph or flux.

The Glyphstone
2007-08-12, 08:02 AM
The Hazy Highlander?

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-12, 08:05 AM
Peat Pete?

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-12, 08:46 AM
Peat(Pete) O'Bogsworth. Irish. Slightly less coarse brogue than Scottish.

Actually, Peat/Pete's not such a bad pun. Pete McLachlan(Peat McLoch-land?)

Yon BogBeast?

Heather(but that's a girl's name.:smallbiggrin:)

Subotei
2007-08-12, 10:36 AM
Porridge Man?

Citizen Joe
2007-08-12, 12:03 PM
How about Haggis?

Jothki
2007-08-12, 04:29 PM
You might have made a mistake coming up with a detailed character concept before coming up with a name. Too late to change that now, I suppose.

You might be best off completely ignoring the Scottishness, it doesn't appear to pun well.