PDA

View Full Version : Mummification yay or nay

ScarletThief
2017-08-31, 03:06 PM
Hey so for an upcoming campaign a player wants to play a character who is partially mummified and i was wondering if this would mean alot of complications mechanically, he is planning to play a nonliving race some constructesque type I think a Gearman and he wanted the mummification to be more cultural in nature

Footman
2017-08-31, 03:18 PM
Wich system are you using?

For a "Mummy" in a sense there is the 3.5 Prestiege Class "Walker in the Waste"
http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/walkerinthewaste.shtml

At the end of the Prestiege Class the PC becomes a dry lich, complete with Organ removel.
I hope this helps you.

Diarmuid
2017-08-31, 03:43 PM
Is the intention of the "mummification" to have any actual mechanical impact or us purely for asthetics/fluff?

If the latter, then I would just say "sure, you look mummified". If the former, then it needs to come at some kind of cost: LA, GP, Flaws, etc.

ScarletThief
2017-08-31, 03:46 PM
He wants an ageless yet living in soul type of character so he wants some mechanical benefits of the mummification with the ascetic benefit of looking like his vision also the system is a mixture of dnd 3.5 and pathfinder more heavily on pathfinder

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-08-31, 04:06 PM
Pathfinder alchemist can mummify himself at 10th level. A couple other class archetypes can get access to alchemist discoveries to also mummify themselves.

Diarmuid
2017-08-31, 07:15 PM
Is there a race that already has those qualities that you could simply "reskin"?

Warforged or some kind of outsider?

ScarletThief
2017-08-31, 07:31 PM
Is there a race that already has those qualities that you could simply "reskin"?

Warforged or some kind of outsider?

Hmm good point might be able to use the stats from the gearforged or warforged

rel
2017-09-01, 12:10 AM
refluff a necropolitan maybe?

Briton
2017-09-04, 06:17 PM
One idea you could present to your Player is the Shabti.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/shabti

While not undead, they certainly have aspects that could be mummy-like. Since they are ageless, your player may have been sealed away for thousands of years or something similar.

atemu1234
2017-09-04, 08:40 PM
Wich system are you using?

For a "Mummy" in a sense there is the 3.5 Prestiege Class "Walker in the Waste"
-pls remove link-

At the end of the Prestiege Class the PC becomes a dry lich, complete with Organ removel.
I hope this helps you.

Don't link to non-OGC content. It's against forum policy. Give a page number instead.