PDA

View Full Version : This forum

RAGE KING!
2007-08-11, 08:56 PM
I have a simple Question. when do threads in this forum expire?

David Argall
2007-08-11, 09:22 PM
They may not be complete, but there are still threads dating back to 03. So the presumed intent is that threads never expire.

Icewalker
2007-08-12, 01:50 AM
Well, there's a timer for thread necromancy. I forget the exact amount, but after a few months, posting in a thread isn't allowed. I don't think they vanish from readability though.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-12, 10:54 AM
I think in the forum rules it says that you are not allowed to "raise" a topic that is <insert exact number here> days old.

Thread necromancy is forbidden.
Damn.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-12, 07:29 PM
hmm. its just that i couldnt find a certain thread anywhere. but i searched my posts and found it so its okay.

- i think the necromancy is three months.

Devils_Advocate
2007-08-15, 06:35 PM
Oh, that. The forum page normally only displays threads below a maximum time since last post. You can change how far back it searches using the little "From The" drop-down in the "Display Options" box at the bottom of the page.

(Just for future reference, threads like this are actually supposed to go in the Board/Site Issues forum.)

the_tick_rules
2007-08-16, 02:06 AM
then people just make a new thread about the old topic lol.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-16, 02:33 AM
Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from “the dead.” If a thread has fallen to page three and hasn’t been posted to in for a month and a half, don’t post to it. Start a new topic if you want to discuss the subject.---http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1

There ye go. Btw, shouldn't this have gone in the "Board Issues" Forum?