PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Pathfinder Fighter ECL (6)

Nosta
2017-08-31, 08:58 PM
I Only have a few Day Before the next Mission in the game i am in and Need a new character

The Build is

Race (Thinking Human)
Class: Fighter(No Archetype) ECL6

weapon Group Pole-Arm

yes I want to use a pole-arm and am thinking of going Fuachard (can someone talk me me in to something better?)

I am looking for Feats

I want to take advantage of High number of AoO and other stuff that makes using a pole arm good

I was thinking of using Dex to hit through spear Dancing line but i think it eats up to many feats and I should just stick to Str for attack and Damage

and with that said My Stats will look like 17STR+1level+2Race(20) + 13Dex+2Item(15) +14 CON + 13 INT +WIS10 +Cha7

I AM looking for feats that will take advantage of my Reach, My AoO's and Down the line my Critical hits

Florian
2017-09-01, 04:34 AM
Rethink going Fighter and drop the idea of using Dex with a polearm. The Disciple of the Pike archetype for Cavaliers is pretty good with polearms and also gets the Weapon Training group for it.

Else, push your CMB and go for Stand Still, Improved Trip, Improved Overrun. Lore Warden still gives Combat Expertise.

Neknoh
2017-09-01, 05:41 AM
If you're not gonna build a Tripmaster, there will probably be better routes to go. I am not familiar enough with the depth of Pathfinder in general to give deep build advice, but from my experiences, you either wanna go smashy Greatsword, or just straight for whatever is the best Trip (with related feats)- weapon out there, get Combat Reflexes and don't really dig too deeply into your Dex.

If you can get 14 dex through lowering your int, I would use the +2 item on your strength, it'll let you hit harder and more often and you'll still get 3 AoO total from your +2 dex.

ArendK
2017-09-01, 07:54 AM
If you're going to be absolutely committed to going pure fighter, no archtype, you have to make use of everything to make it quasi-useful. I built a similar concept using a Swashbuckler recently, and at 6th level or 7th level he came fully online for what I envisioned; we'll try to get the same effect from a pure fighter. The problem with reach is there isn't any high critical threat weapons. But when they do crit, it will hurt a lot.

For your pole-arm, pick whatever has reach that you in particular like; I'm partial to a glaive, but the Naginata is fine as well because that x4 critical is scary when it connects. Whatever you like, just make sure it has reach. Don't tank your Dex, because we're going to need Combat Reflexes and get some use out of it. Power attack, maybe Furious Focus, and Lunge (as your 6th level feat). Best armor you can get to make use of your Dex bonus; Armor Training will help, so you might be able to rock Full Plate and be fine by this point. Any other feats can go to weapon focus, specialization, or anything else you really want. Any items or feats that get you more AoO's. I think there's

Now; here's the fun part. Get a way to put Enlarge person on yourself reliably. Friendly mage, Potions, scrolls, wands, Permanency, doesn't matter. Potion of Cat's grace to offset the loss of Dex (we need those AoO's). In combat, enlarge yourself (if you're not already, it lasts a while); and plant your gigantic butt between your teammates and the enemy. If surrounded, pray they don't have a caster hidden and clump everyone adjacent to you. Establish the Zone of No with your enlarged, lunging, reach (for added cheese, the Long-arm spell is handy).

Kitsuneymg
2017-09-01, 12:03 PM
First off, fighter is going to kinda suck unless you are committed to optimization and your DM doesn't take exception to some of the more esoteric options fighters have.

Drop fighter 6. Do ftr5/brawler 1 instead. DO NOT take Advanced Weapon Training as a feat. Use your martial flexibility to take AWT/Advanced Armor Training as a feat, selecting either Adaptable Training, Versatile Training, or Item Mastery fighter options. This lets you either juggle skill points on the fly or pick up item mastery feats (spells) on the fly. Consider using the two handed fighter archetype. If 3pp is allowed, you are a Myrmidon. Consider Lore Warden (the one from PFS field guide, not the incompetent bull**** from that newer book) if you want to trip (or any other combat maneuver).

You will want to also buy several +1 training shurikens. As long as these are held in hand, you gain access to one combat feat. This can be Advanced Weapon Training with a specific option. Buy a few (166 GP each) of the most common Item Mastery options you might want. If you want to do straight fighter, this is a must. Brawler/Fighter can go easier on these. Brawler/Fighter will want to take extra martial flexibility too.

If you must go single class, use the weapon master archetype. They can take Advanced Weapon Training with their bonus feats starting at 4th level and it doesn't count against their 1/5 levels limit. Use your class feature to retrain a feat to Barroom Brawler at 4th, and take AWT: Abundant Tactics as your bonus feat at 4. This gives you a slow-to-grow martial flexibility-like ability to use as shown above.

At higher levels, you'll want Warrior Spirit AWT option. This can give you the ability to customize your weapon for a fight. And slap training(whatever combat feat you want) on it to boot. If going Lore Warden, this can let you suddenly pick the combat maneuver feat you need for a fight (if they are immune to your chosen tactic) or become a competent bow wielder should the need arise. It's also fun for shunting skills around and lets you actually play Schrodinger's Fighter at a table.

For more details (although there are some errors) on using FlexCasting, see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G1oa8hQif08qqRdEyMnDVVFAoBN_53uhNcJc4wArQxs/edit