PDA

View Full Version : Fall First Person Shooters

Semidi
2007-08-11, 11:29 PM
Bioshock, Crysis, Tabula Rasa, Unreal Tournament 3, and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

Wee!

Things are looking up for the PC FPS enthusiast. I’ve been goofing off with the Quake Wars open beta; it’s nice because I’m not paying for it. The game is fun though, I can already tell that it’s not made for the public server lurker like myself. The maps require oodles of teamwork and if your public server team doesn’t know a railgun from a obliterator it instantly becomes a drag. It also suffers from minor Counter-Strike community problems, though occasionally someone writes out the word “You.”

Bioshock, looks incredibly righteous. I’m just a little standoffish because it doesn’t have multiplayer, and I can beat most FPSs in twelve hours, which is about the amount of time it takes me to read two paper back novels, but those only cost me around 16 dollars.

Crysis. Oh G-word this game looks good. Like really good, I have a next-gen laptop that I’m itching to push to the limit, and this game looks like it can do it. Crysis reminds me of Farcry, which I didn’t like, but hopefully this one pleases me more.

Tabula Rasa might get me back into MMOs. I’m defiantly hoping this game has an open beta for me to try. I just hope it has more game-play diversity than pulling, tanking, nuking, and crowd control.

UT: 3. I got a lot of use out of UT: 2004; hopefully this one is as awesome (I’ll settle for more awesome). It was one of those games which I could play and, at the same time, turn my brain off.

Oh, and consol gamers are getting Halo 3 or something. Big whoop. *loves his PC*

Edit: Forgot to mention Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress Classic was the game to get me into online multiplayer games. Alas, this game uses steam... I hate steam.

Edit2: Forgot to mention Hellgate: London. First person Action RPG, made by the people who brought me diablo? I can't wait!

SurlySeraph
2007-08-12, 02:25 PM
Bioshock: Anything described as a spiritual successor to System Shock and Deus Ex should be good. I just hope it lives up to the hype.

Crysis: I get this sinking feeling about it. It's the same feeling I got when I watched the first Half-Life 2 trailer: the feeling that I will never, ever be able to afford a computer powerful enough to run it. Eh, it worked out with Half-Life 2, it just might work out with Crysis. I anticiapte it eagerly.

Hellgate: London: Like with Bioshock, I really like first-person RPGs in near-future settings. Should be good.

Halo 3: I do not, in fact, own an Xbox 360. This is what friends are for. I anticipate this game very, very eagerly.