PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Template concept

LairdMaon
2017-09-03, 08:50 AM
I've been thinking about this for a bit. I see it being an Inherited template. LA +1. +2 Con, -2 Wis. Base race loses supernatural abilities and racial bonuses (ie. dwarves would lose their Weapon Stonecunning, Stability, +1 Racial bonus on attack rolls vs. Orcs & Goblinoids, +4 Dodge bonus to AC vs. Giants, +2 Racial bonus on Appraise checks for metal & stone, +2 Racial bonus on Craft checks for metal & stone, +2 Racial bonus on saves vs. poison, +2 Racial bonus on saves vs. spells & spell-like
effects , halflings would lose their +1 Racial bonus on attacks with thrown weapons & slings, +1 Racial bonus on all saves, +2 Morale bonus on saves vs. fear, +2 Racial bonus on Listen checks). Gains Living Construct subtype.

The fluff being that they are created as facsimiles of the base race. They just don't have the upbringing of the base race. The warforged dwarf didn't grow up in a dwarven community to become familiar enough with stone to gain stonecunning. The warforged halfling knows nothing more about thrown weapons than anyone else, they don't have the cultural history for it.

Thoughts?

Kaskus
2017-09-03, 12:20 PM
What is kept from the base creature besides size and speed?

LairdMaon
2017-09-03, 12:35 PM
What is kept from the base creature besides size and speed?

Everything that isn't learned.
Racial ability mods (altered by the +2 Con and -2 Wis), racial bonus skill points, racial bonus feats, bonus essentia, powerful build, and so on. Can't forget: type and subtypes and extraordinary stuff are kept as well.

TankLaser007
2017-11-10, 04:42 AM
How does this look?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/c1/1d/c8c11dfe4900c83d397b097e5e931164.jpg

A pair of Forged Facsimile Centaur stand guard for their master

Forged Facsimile

Forged Facsimile are constructs which are modelled on specific races; while not exact copies they often share enough physical similarities to be comparable to the original races upon which they are based. Being animated constructs they lack the supernatural abilities or cultural experiences of the copied creature. While a Forged Facsimile Gnome would be the same size and shape as a true gnome and possess its durability and modest strength it would lack its racial familiarity of gnomish weaponry, the cultural hatred of gobonoids and kobolds, and the innate magical abilities and affinity for illusionary magic. As amazing as these constructs are they are still only physical copies of the creatures upon which they are modelled.

"Forged Facsimile" is an inherited template that can be added to any living creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The template uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted bellow.

Size: Same as base creature.
Type: Changes to Construct with the (Living Construct (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=L)) subtype.
Speed: Same as base creature. All non-magical, purely physical modes of movement are maintained such as an aquatic creature's Swim speed and traits or winged flight or the burrowing ability of digging creatures. All Supernatural (Su) means of movement are lost.
Special Attacks: Loose any non-extraordinary (Ex) special attacks of base creature, purely physical natural weapons and attacks are maintained.
Special Qualities: As Living Construct, loose any non-extraordinary (Ex) special qualities of base creature. Physical traits and qualities like Powerful Build are retained.
Abilities: Same as base creature and +2 Con, -2 Wis
Skills: Looses any Racial Bonuses to mental based Skills (Int, Wis, Cha)
Feats: Looses any Racial Bonus Feats while maintaining those based on HD or Class levels. Feats related to natural attacks like Improved Natural Attack, Weapon Focus or modes of movement like Fly By Attack, Run or those pertaining purely to physical aspects of the creature are maintained.
Climate/Terrain: Same as base creature.
Organization: Same as base creature.
Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1.
Treasure: Same as base creature.
Alignment: Can be any alignment but usually same as creator or community.
Advancement: Same as base creature or by class.
Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1

Living Construct(Subtype)

A living construct is a new subtype of construct, a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Living constructs combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures, as detailed below.

Features: A living construct derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.

Traits: A living construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).

Unlike other constructs, a living construct has a Constitution score. A living construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.

Unlike other constructs, a living construct does not have low-light vision or darkvision.

Unlike other constructs, a living construct is not immune to mind-influencing effects.

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.

A living construct cannot heal damage naturally.

Unlike other constructs, living constructs are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.

Unlike other constructs, a living construct can use the run action.

Living constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a living construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a living construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a living construct.

A living construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A living construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a living construct is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert living construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.

Can be raised or resurrected.

Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.

Does not need to sleep, but must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

LairdMaon
2017-11-10, 09:27 AM
The only change I would make to this beautiful piece of work is to call out purely physical traits (powerful build, natural weapons, etc.) as being kept.

TankLaser007
2017-11-10, 10:50 AM
How's that look? Feel free to tweak as you like. It's your template.

Malapterus
2017-11-10, 11:03 AM
I really like this concept because I've always wanted to play a Warforged Druid who wildshapes into Warforged animals with a Warforged animal companion.

I'll come back and read this in more detail later and give you my advice!

LairdMaon
2017-11-10, 11:45 AM
TankLaser, you have made it exactly as I didn't know I wanted it to be.

Thank you!

Malapterus
2017-11-10, 04:54 PM
TankLaser has done a better write-up on this than I ever could, but I think that your original concept may be flawed.

Some races would be entirely devastated by the losses involved and some would be unaffected, making this hard to throw the level adjustment on. A 'Human' would be pretty much unaffected while a Gnome would be hit pretty hard, and making specific exceptions for particular traits of Dwarves and Half-Giants is a little clunky.

Keep in mind, Warforged are very, very magical. While they can come across much as robots, they are a product of the arcane so complicated that most Wizards cannot even learn to create them. It's fair to say your Warforged duplicates could have the exact same abilities as their fleshy counterparts, especially since they are getting the level adjustment. Here is my recommendation:

Type becomes Living Construct
Gain Living Construct traits
+2 con, -2 Wis
Built-in armor per a warforged; 'armor' slot is permanently taken in exchange for +2 Armor bonus, Light armor penalties, 25% ACF
Light Fortification
Becomes eligible for Feats as a Warforged.
+1 LA

nothing else changes.

Limit the affectable creature types to, maybe, Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, Animal, Beast - and specifically exclude the 'shapechanger' and 'incorporeal' sub-types. 'Magical Beast' is questionable - I don't know if you could stretch this to a Blink Dog or Displacer beast - but why the hell not?

Have a manor patrolled by Warforged wolves, dungeon guarded by Warforged Gnolls, a strip-mine running 24/7 with little Warforged Kobolds, an archmage's mountaintop fortress guarded by a towering Warforged Storm Giant.

For the Warforged who deals with animals, albeit summoning, training, or wild shaping, this quick-and-easy template would be a godsend.

If you go with TankLaser's write-up, I think you should drop the LA. You lose quite a lot with it and so I think it generally evens out. Again, though, a Human or Half-Orc would benefit more form the more complicated write-up than other races do and so I think simmering it down to my more basic suggestion would balance it better.

Make me a Warforged Troll Ranger with a Warforged Fleshraker companion!

LairdMaon
2017-11-10, 04:59 PM
Are you saying it's not quite powerful enough? This would be the first time one of my wild ideas was underpowered... This feels so weird!

Ha ha!
I could handle those changes. Gives a bit more oomph and makes it more with the LA.

Malapterus
2017-11-10, 05:24 PM
Let me know if you ever DM an online game with this & are willing to let me do like a druid modified around it

LairdMaon
2017-11-10, 05:28 PM
SQUEE!

Er... I mean...
Yeah, sure. I'll keep that in mind, yo.

TankLaser007
2017-11-11, 11:45 AM
TankLaser has done a better write-up on this than I ever could, but I think that your original concept may be flawed.

Some races would be entirely devastated by the losses involved and some would be unaffected, making this hard to throw the level adjustment on. A 'Human' would be pretty much unaffected while a Gnome would be hit pretty hard, and making specific exceptions for particular traits of Dwarves and Half-Giants is a little clunky.

Keep in mind, Warforged are very, very magical. While they can come across much as robots, they are a product of the arcane so complicated that most Wizards cannot even learn to create them. It's fair to say your Warforged duplicates could have the exact same abilities as their fleshy counterparts, especially since they are getting the level adjustment. Here is my recommendation:

Type becomes Living Construct
Gain Living Construct traits
+2 con, -2 Wis
Built-in armor per a warforged; 'armor' slot is permanently taken in exchange for +2 Armor bonus, Light armor penalties, 25% ACF
Light Fortification
Becomes eligible for Feats as a Warforged.
+1 LA

nothing else changes.

Limit the affectable creature types to, maybe, Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, Animal, Beast - and specifically exclude the 'shapechanger' and 'incorporeal' sub-types. 'Magical Beast' is questionable - I don't know if you could stretch this to a Blink Dog or Displacer beast - but why the hell not?

Have a manor patrolled by Warforged wolves, dungeon guarded by Warforged Gnolls, a strip-mine running 24/7 with little Warforged Kobolds, an archmage's mountaintop fortress guarded by a towering Warforged Storm Giant.

For the Warforged who deals with animals, albeit summoning, training, or wild shaping, this quick-and-easy template would be a godsend.

If you go with TankLaser's write-up, I think you should drop the LA. You lose quite a lot with it and so I think it generally evens out. Again, though, a Human or Half-Orc would benefit more form the more complicated write-up than other races do and so I think simmering it down to my more basic suggestion would balance it better.

Make me a Warforged Troll Ranger with a Warforged Fleshraker companion!

I think these are all very sound and valid observations. I had the same issues trying to figure out the initial idea and then applying it without producing results that aside from flavour would seem to do little more than apply the living construct subtype with little to no change otherwise and some penalties. What you have suggested is, I think much more elegant. I had assumed qualifying for Warforged, Feats, Components and Classes to be a give in but you make a good point it should be clearly stated.

Let's see if we can't give it another crack. Based on these very good suggestions. LairdMaon you thoughts?

LairdMaon
2017-11-11, 11:47 AM
Count me as fully supporting this. It really does feel more... Appropriate.

TankLaser007
2017-11-11, 05:07 PM
Some quick additions before I set to work on adjusting the above template. Note these were all based upon the ideas and suggestions of Malapterus and LairdMaon so the credit for the creativity goes to them.

OK here is what I have done with the first draft of the Template based on suggestions:

Forged Facsimile [Template]
Forged Facsimile are constructs which are modelled on specific races; while not exact copies they often share enough physical similarities to be comparable to the original races upon which they are based. Being animated constructs they normally lack the supernatural abilities or cultural experiences of the copied creature.

While a Forged Facsimile Gnome would be the same size and shape as a true gnome and possess its durability and modest strength it would lack its racial familiarity of gnomish weaponry, the cultural hatred of gobonoids and kobolds, and the innate magical abilities and affinity for illusionary magic. As amazing as these constructs are they are still only physical copies of the creatures upon which they are modelled.

However many a canny artificer has devised a means to imbue these artificial creatures with the capabilities of their flesh and blood counter parts through the use of potent magical devices, Emulation Docents. By embedding one of these specially crafted items into their Facsimile they are able to fully emulate those creatures upon whom they are modelled.

"Forged Facsimile" is an inherited template that can be added to any living corporeal Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, or Giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The template uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted bellow.

Type: Changes to Construct with the (Living Construct) and Augmented subtypes.
Speed: Same as base creature.
Special Attacks: Special (see below), gain a Slam Natural Attack (Small: 1d2; Medium: 1d4; Large: 1d6)
Special Qualities: Composite Plating, Light Fortification, Living Construct Traits (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=L) (See Warforged MM:III p.191), Embedded Engrams, Forge Kind (see below)
Skills: Special (see below).
Feats: Special (see below)
Alignment: Can be any alignment but usually similar to that of creator or community.
Level Adjustment: Special (see below)

Living Construct (Subtype)

A living construct is a new subtype of construct, a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Living constructs combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures, as detailed below.

Features: A living construct derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.

Traits: A living construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).

Unlike other constructs, a living construct has a Constitution score. A living construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.

Unlike other constructs, a living construct does not have low-light vision or darkvision.

Unlike other constructs, a living construct is not immune to mind-influencing effects.

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.

Unlike other constructs, living constructs are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.

Living constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a living construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a living construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a living construct.

A living construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A living construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a living construct is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert living construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.

Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.

Forged Kind [Special Quality]
A creature with the Forged Kind quality is considered a Warforged for the purposes of meeting all requirements for Feats, Items, Spells, Classes or specially designated effects. They may utilise Warforged Components and unique items as well as take Feats or Classes or features which require the Warforged race.

Embedded Engrams [Special Quality]
A creature with Embedded Engrams has been equipped with an Emulation Docent (New Item; see below) this integrated magical item is what powers the Forged Facsimile’s supernatural abilities and allows it to emulate many of the unique racial characteristics such as languages, skills and special abilities and knowledge of its programmed race.

A Forged Facsimile with this quality has a +1 LA and all of the abilities of the base creature, including languages, racial skill bonuses, feats and extraordinary and supernatural abilities as well as spell like abilities.

When applying this template you may choose to remove this quality, if so the Forged Facsimile has +0 LA and does not gain any of the languages, racial skill bonuses, feats or supernatural or spell like abilities of the base creature. They do however, retain the physical traits and extraordinary abilities possessed by the base creature, including any purely physical special qualities, movement modes and attacks.

https://s17.postimg.org/b6d4sdwz3/Construct_Creature.jpg

A Construct hound stands at the ready.

Construct Creature [Template]

A Construct Creature is a living construct made to resemble an existing creature, usually an animal of some type, they are similar in many ways to Warforged except they often possess less agency due to their limited intellect. Such constructs are sometimes employed as companions to Rangers or Druids or used as guards, mounts or beasts of burden or war by those with the ability to produce or procure them.

"Construct Creature" is an inherited template that can be added to any living corporeal Animal, Vermin, or Magical Beast (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The template uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted bellow.

Special Attacks: Same as the base creature, gain a Slam Natural Attack (Small: 1d2; Medium: 1d4; Large: 1d6)
Special Qualities: Composite Plating, Light Fortification, Living Construct Traits (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=L) (See Warforged MM:III p.191), Forged Kind, Wild at Heart (see below)
Skills: Same as base creature.
Feats: Same as base creature.
Alignment: Can be any alignment but usually Neutral.
Advancement: Same as base creature.
Level Adjustment: -

Wild at Heart [Special Quality]
A creature with this trait may choose to additionally count as an Animal, Vermin or Magical Beast (depending on it’s original type) for the purposes of spells, abilities or effects which particularly target or require those types.

A creature with the Forged Kind quality is considered a Warforged for the purposes of meeting all requirements for Feats, Items, Spells, Classes or specially designated effects. They may utilise Warforged Components and unique items as well as take Feats or Classes or features which require the Warforged race.

https://s17.postimg.org/inmc7h4gv/Forged_Friend.jpg

A gnome ranger appreciates the durability and
dependability his caribou construct companion offers.

Construct Companion [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to acquire a new Animal Companion.
Benefit: Upon gaining this feat if you do not already have an Animal Companion you gain one appropriate to your class and level. Any time you would gain an animal companion from Feats (including this one) or Class Features you may choose to apply the Construct Creature template to it. It functions in all other respects like a normal Animal Companion.

Clockwork Summoning [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to cast summoning spells or spell like abilities.
Benefit: Any creatures you summon with the Animal, Vermin or Magical Beast Type acquire the Construct Creature Template for as long as the summoning effect lasts.

Malleable Body [Warforged]

Your body is made of magic infused shiftwood which seems to shift and move on its own, it is more easily altered, modified and naturally suited to shapeshifting magic and effects.

Prerequisites: 1st level only, Warforged
Benefit: Reduce Arcane Spell Failure of your Composite Plating to 0% . The price of any Embedded Warforged Components you purchase is reduced by 5%. If you have any class feature, spell like or supernatural ability that allows you to change or alter your physical form increase its duration by ½. Additionally you gain 1 extra use of that ability per day for every 5HD you possess with a maximum of 4 at level 20. Warforged druids who take this feat may still cast druid spells and use the druid's supernatural and spell-like abilities.

Forged to the Soul [Warforged]
Prerequisites: Warforged, Malleable Body
Benefit: When the character assumes another form, they retain the benefits of any Warforged feats they have taken.

Enchanted to the Core [Warforged]
Benefit: When the character assumes another form, any enhancement bonus or other modification to the Warforged's armour or natural weapons, that does not come from a Warforged feat, is applied to the new shape as well.

Forged Familiar [General]

A Forged Familiar is a living construct powered and bound to an arcane caster by a portion of their own life force. It functions in many ways like a typical familiar, even being fashioned in the form of its flesh and blood counterparts, however it can act as a very potent conduit of its master’s magical essence much like a living battery of arcane energy. Such creatures are often kept by artificers, Warforged or those who appreciate the unique abilities such a familiar can bring to bear.

Prerequisite: Ability to acquire a new Familiar.
Benefit: Upon gaining this feat if you do not already have a Familiar you gain one appropriate to your class and level. Any time you would gain a Familiar from Feats (including this one) or class features you may choose to apply the Construct Creature template to it along with the following changes:

Your Familiar does not confer the normal benefit associated with its type, instead it gives its master a +2 on any skill check to repair, create, or identify Constructs. Due to its nature as a construct it does not benefit from the increase in intelligence that a normal familiar does, additionally it does not gain any of the following abilities; Alertness, Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with animals of its kind, Scry on Familiar. Instead it gains the following abilities as indicated in the table below.

Forged Familar

Master Class Level
Natural Armour
Special

1st-2nd

+1
Share Spells, Find Master

3rd-4th

+2
Energy Exhalation 1d6

5th-6th

+3
Speak with Master

7th-8th

+4
Energy Exhalation 2d6

9th-10th

+5
Spell Storing 2nd

11th-12th

+6
Spell Resistance, Protective (-2)

13th-14th

+7
Energy Exhalation 3d6

15th-16th

+8
Spell Storing 3rd

17th-18th

+9
Protective (-4)

19th-20th

+10
Spell Storing 4th

Locate Master (Su): As long as the master and familiar are on the same plane the familiar can always locate their master.

Energy Exhalation (Su): By absorbing and violently expelling stored arcane energy the familiar is able to produce a blast of raw magic that is capable of damaging most creatures or objects. To activate this ability the familiar must have an active spell, cast by its master or an ally, currently in effect on it. The spell must have a duration greater than instantaneous and at least 1 full round remaining in its duration and must have an effective spell level greater than 0.

Activating the ability, which is a Free Action, immediately suppresses all of the spell’s effects as if in an anti-magic field. However, the spell energy continues to be available for the remainder of the spell’s duration. Any time during the remaining duration it may use the spell’s energy to make a single ranged touch attack as a standard action, no more than one such attack can be made per round.

This attack has a range of 30’ per spell level consumed and deals damage equal to the value listed in the table above. It may continue to make such attacks until the spell’s duration ends or all the available spell levels have been exhausted.

A familiar of a 13th level Wizard whose master had shared both Mage Armour and Haste with it could use two Free Actions to subsume both spells gaining a total of 4 spell levels with which to power its Energy Exhalation ability, 1 Level from the Mage Armour which it could use any time within the next hour and 3 levels from the Haste that it could use within the next 13 rounds. In the same round it activated the ability it could use 2 spell levels to make a ranged touch attack up to 60’ dealing 3d6 damage. The next round it could make a second ranged touch attack up to 30’ dealing 3d6 damage and using another spell level leaving 1 remaining. Should it not make another attack before the spell’s duration ends the remaining energy harmlessly dissipates and is lost.

Spells that have been subsumed in this way cannot be dispelled or otherwise affected as the energy has already been absorbed into the familiar’s body. Alternately a familiar without any active spells to fuel its ability can utilise the arcane energy which animates and gives it life, by taking 2 points of Constitution damage per spell level of energy they wish to power an attack with. A familiar whose Constitution reaches 0 or below is destroyed. Activating this ability is a Free Action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Spell Storing (Sp): The familiar can act as a reservoir for spells. This ability allows the familiar to store a number of spells equal to the combined total of the level indicated in the table. Once stored the spell can be cast by the familiar when ordered to do so by its master or when a specific condition is met. A familiar capable of storing up to 2nd level spells could store one spell of 2nd level or two 1st level spells while a familiar capable of storing 4th level spells could store any combination of spells whose total did not exceed 4 levels worth of spells. Stored spells can also be used to power the familiar’s Energy Exhalation ability just as if it was an active spell with a duration of permanent, spells used in this way cannot be cast. When its master prepares new spells or regains spent spell slots any spells or spell energy currently stored in the familiar is lost.

Protective (Ex): The familiar is adept at protecting their master by harrying and distracting those attempting to attack her in melee. As long as the familiar is within 10’ of its master all melee attacks directed against their master take a penalty equal to the familiar’s indicated value in the table above.

Except as noted above the familiar is treated in all respects as any other familiar and counts as a familiar for the purposes of spells, class features or feats which normally effect or target familiars. As a living construct a character whose Forged Familiar is destroyed or dismantled can be raised as normal, if not, they suffer all of the normal penalties associated with loosing a familiar as detailed on p. 54 of the Player’s Handbook.

Construct Conjurer
You prefer the order and dependability of creatures which are made not bred. Many of the creatures you summon, including your familiar, are manifestations of your preference for finely crafted magical constructs.

Class: (Warforged Wizard or Sorcerer) or (Specialist Wizard Conjurer).
Level: 1st (Warforged Wizard or Sorcerer) or 1st (Specialist Wizard Conjurer)
Skills: (Specialist Wizard Conjurer): 4 or more ranks in one of the following; Knowledge – Architecture and Engineering, Craft – Blacksmithing, Craft – Leatherworking, or Craft - Stonemasonery.
Replaces: You do not gain the normal Summon Familiar class feature at 1st level.
Benefit: You may choose to take one or both of the following as Bonus Feats; Clockwork Summoning, Forged Familiar.

Crafted Companion
Despite being more in tune with the natural world than most Warforged their artificial nature and unique outlook make connecting to and understanding living creatures difficult, as a result they feel greater sense of companionship with creatures more like themselves than with normal animals.

Class: Warforged Druid or Ranger.
Level: 1st (Druid) or 4th (Ranger)
Class Skills: Replace Knowledge (Nature) with Knowledge (Arcana)
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the normal Animal Companion or Wild Empathy class features.
Benefit: When you would normally gain the Animal Companion class feature you instead gain Construct Companion as a Bonus Feat.

Measured Summoner
You prefer the order and dependability of creatures which are made and not bred. Many of the creatures you summon seem reflections of your very nature.

Level: 1st (Druid) or 6th (Ranger)
Replaces: You do not gain the Woodland Stride class feature as normal.
Benefit: You gain Clockwork Summoning as a Bonus Feat.

Reconstructor
Your mastery over your own form has reached such heights that you are able to take the shapes of various animals and even other constructs.

Class: Warforged Druid.
Level: 5th
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the Nature Sense, Wild Shape (Plant), or Wild Shape (Elemental) class features of a standard Druid.
Benefit: Whenever you Wild Shape into an Animal apply the Construct Creature template to that form, otherwise your Wild Shape functions as normal. At 12th level when you would normally gain the Wild Shape (Plant) ability you instead gain the ability to Wild Shape into any Tiny or Small creature of the Construct type, at 16th you may take the form of Medium sized Constructs, at 18th your ability to Wild Shape (Constructs) increases to 2/Day and the size limit increases to Large and at 20th you may take the form of Huge Constructs 3/Day.

LairdMaon
2017-11-11, 05:20 PM
TankLaser, you are taking my rough ideas and Malapterus's critique and are making something lovely. You are an artist.

Malapterus
2017-11-12, 12:08 AM
Impressive work again, TankLaser. This whole thread has been a lot of fun, as I love Warforged.

I've got some thoughts, though, as I am a nit-picker.

I really like going back to calling this the warforged template, to make it clear that these things are indeed Warforged.

I think you forgot the +1 LA.

Also, maybe spell out that the creature's composite plating and natural armor can be enhanced the same way as a Warforged.

Here's my quicker and easier take on the ACF:

Alternate Class Feature: Natureforged

Class: Applicable to Ranger or Druid

Race: Must be Warforged or have the Warforged template

Gain: The Warforged's Composite Plating does not affect any class restriction referring to the weight nor material of armor.

Gain: When a Natureforged character uses the Wild Shape ability, the creature they become also has the Warforged Template. It is considered 1 HD higher than a normal creature of its kind. It does not benefit from any Warforged feats the character has taken nor any enhancements or other modifictions to the character's composite plating or natural weapons.

Gain: Warforged Companion-The animal companion taken by the character gains the Warforged template. The Warforged constructs their animal companion, instilling it with a physical piece of their own being. The companion costs 1,000 GP per hit die and takes one day per hit die to construct. It does not require a crafting roll. A Natureforged Druid starts with a free Warforged companion chosen from the starting list, but a Ranger must construct their companion when the time comes. The template does not affect the advancement or eligibility of the companion.
Special: A released Warforged Companion goes to the wild, perhaps finding a new master or joining a community of the animal it is based on. Disassembling your Warforged Companion to make a new one is an Evil act. Ploymorph Any Object can permanently turn a Warforged Companion into a different base animal, but it loses any benefits earned by the high Druid level down to the effective Druid level of the new form.

Gain: Greater Wildshape- Beginning at Druid level 12, the character may Wildshape into a Magical Beast with the same restrictions as their Animal Wildshaping. This Magical Beast also has the Warforged Template and is treated as 1 HD higher than a normal creature of its kind. Unlike a normal Wildshape, a Magical beast shape retains its supernatural abilities.

Gain: Trueforged Wildshape- Beginning at Druid level 16, the Naturforged's Wildshape ability allows them to become a stone construct in the shape of an Animal (not Magical beast) they can transform into. This is treated as the base creature, with a +4 increase in Strength (this is a natural increase, not an enhancement bonus), DR 10/Adamantine, and Construct Traits, though the character retains their mental Abilities and cognitive capacities. They may use this ability once per day at level 16, twice per day at level 18, and trice per day at level 20.

At level 20 they may also choose to instead take a form made of iron. Instead of the benefits of the stone construct, an iron construct gains the benefits of an Animal Growth spell for the duration of the change. The DR 10/Magic from that spell is replaced by DR 15/Adamantine. They also gain Construct traits, but retain their mental attributes and cognitive capacities. Note: the size of the eligible animal is based on the creature prior to the effects of Animal Growth, so the character can still choose any Huge creature and end up as a Colossal Iron Construct.

Gain: Summon Warforged Ally- The spell list for the class changes to include Summon Warforged Ally I, Summon Warforged Ally II, Summon Warforged Ally III, Summon Warforged Ally IV, Summon Warforged Ally V, Summon Warforged Ally VI, Summon Warforged Ally VII, Summon Warforged Ally VIII, and Summon Warforged Ally IX, at the same levels of summons spells with the same designations. These function as Summon Nature's Ally, but the creatures summoned gain the Warforged template. This does not apply to Elementals, which the spell summons normally.

Gain: A Natureforged Druid can sacrifice any prepared spell to spontaneous cast a Summon Warforged Ally spell of the same level.

Gain: Repair Light Damage, Repair Minor Damage, Repair Moderate Damage, Repair Serious Damage, Repair Critical Damage, Mass Repair Light Damage, Mass Repair Minor Damage, Mass Repair Moderate Damage, Mass Repair Serious Damage, Mass Repair Critical Damage, and Total Repair are added to the class spell list at the same level a Wizard would have them.

Lose:
Thousand Faces
Timeless Body
Wildshape: Plant
Wildshape: Elemental
Summon Nature's Ally spells are removed from the list
Lose ability to spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally

------------------
New Feats:

Forged to the Soul
Prerequisites: Warforged or Warforged Template, Natureforged ACF, Wildshape 3/day
Benefit: When the character assumes a Wildshape form, they retain the benefits of any Warforged feats they have taken.

Enchanted to the Core
Prerequisites: Warforged or Warforged Template, Natureforged ACF, Wildshape ability
Benefit: When the character assumes a Wildshape form, any enhancement bonus or other modification to the Warforged's armor or natural weapons, that does not come from a Warforged feat, is applied to the new shape. If the spell is used to create a creature with greater HD than the character can master, it wears off after one round/caster level of the character who cast it.

Nature beyond Natural
Prerequisites: Warforged or Warforged Template, Natureforged ACF, Wildshape ability, Trueforged Wildshape ability
Benefit: The character may use the Trueforged Wildshape, replacing the base Animal with a Magical Beast they can shape into.
Special: Changing in this way uses up both a Trueforged Wildshape daily use as well as a regular Wildshape daily use.

Steelskin Brother
Prerequisite: Warforged or Warforged Template, Natureforged ACF, Animal Companion class feature
Benefit: The Warforged may craft a Warforged Companion that benefits from any of the Warforged Feats the character has. This increases the cost by 200 GP per hit die of the base creature. Adding these feats to an existing companion costs 300 GP per feat added.

------------

Alright, maybe that wasn't as simple and easy as I intended.

TankLaser007
2017-11-12, 01:57 AM
I like the ideas here will look at them a little later. Also I haven't adjusted the first template yet. Which I should be getting along to shortly. As I carried away with implementing the ideas you had mentioned regarding Warforged companions and summons.

Baby Gary
2017-11-12, 02:25 AM
this is making me thing so much of horizon zero dawn (an awesome game)

I have a couple ideas that could work for different alternate class features with the warforged

Mechanic berserker
class: barbarian
special: must have the living construct subtype.

Mechanic rage
this ability replaces the barbarians rage ability. When raging a mechanic berserker does not get the +4 bonus to str, the +2 to will saves, or the -2 to AC. However he gains DR 5/ adamantine and +2 to all melee attacks.

Mechanic Adaption
this ability replaces the barbarians damage reduction ability. When a Mechanic Berserker is raging he gains +2 to any ability score. This goes away after he is done raging

Mechanic Fury
this ability replaces the barbarians greater rage ability. When a Mechanic Berserker is raging the bonus to con in increased to +6, the damage reduction to DR 10/ adamantine, the bonus to attacks to +4, and the bonus from mechanic adaption to +3

Mechanic Plating
this ability replaces the barbarians Indomitable will ability. When a Mechanic Berserker is raging he may chose to make the Damage Reduction be DR/ adamantine, DR/ magic, DR/ cold iron, or DR/ law

Mechanic Trancformation
This ability replaced the barbarians Might Rage ability. A Mechanic Berserker learns how to transform his own body into the shape of different animals. He may turn into any animal whose HD is equal of less to the half the Mechanic Berserker level. The animal gains the Warforged Template with no increase in HD. The mechanic barbarian gains any non magical modes of movement, physical shape (like size or number of limbs), and any extra ordinary abilities of the animal that he turn into. He retains his ability scores, special qualities and attacks, and all of his items still work just as they had before the change.

what do you think about that? I want to make a clockwork warrior AFC for fighters, I just don't know what to do.

Malapterus
2017-11-12, 04:31 AM

I have a couple ideas that could work for different alternate class features with the warforged

I don't know, this all seems kind of random. The only thing standing out to me is getting DR while raging; it makes me picture the Batmobile armoring up from one of the 90s movies @w@

It seems too varied and tactical for a barbarian, I think these abilities should be more set. At the same time, the Warforged does not have so much risk of internal damage from use of 'hysterical strength' in a logical viewpoint as humans do; like when a human man lifts up a pickup truck or a mother of two wrestles a polar bear to the ground (look it up).

There's already a Warforged feat that lets a Warforged 'overclock' its metabolism:

Once per day as a standard action, you can excite your warforged metabolism to heal a number of hit points equal to 5 + your HD. Doing this incurs a --2 penalty to your Strength and Dexterity scores for 10 minutes. If you are unconscious and have not yet used this ability, any infusion that targets you automatically activates it.

Since Warforged are pesky to heal, reversing this could make a good Warforged berserker, though I think you want to start from the ground up and make it a class of its own.

Maybe the Warforged enters a rage mode where he gets a big bonus to Str, Dex, and AC but loses some HP & when the rage ends he gets a small penalty to Str, Dex, and AC as he cools off. Higher levels could increase the bonus, lessen the penalty, add DR or movement speed. Perhaps, like a Rogue, toward the end there's be a list of rage modifiers he could pick from but not get all of - a high-speed rage, a super tough tank rage, an irresponsibly strong rage.

Once again, as a Barbarian, you have to do something about the armor. A Mithral Warforged would be fine but you couldn't be an Adamantine one, and that takes some of the fun out of the idea.

Alternatively, you could replicate these feats as part of the rage; one rage gives you Adamantine Body & Adamantine Fortification for a short time (a nice thing to be able to turn on and off) whereas another temporarily grants Mithral Body & Mithral Fluidity - so you don't have to buy these feats and are not locked into them for your entire career.

I'd love to even take this to other materials, like a Cold Iron version that gives you SR (I've always felt Cold Iron armor should provide SR).

As it stands, there's no real reason a Warforged can't be a straight-up Barbarian, but there could be something here to have a lot of fun with.

TankLaser007
2017-11-12, 06:05 AM
OK here is what I have done with the first draft of the Template based on suggestions:

Forged Facsimile are constructs which are modelled on specific races; while not exact copies they often share enough physical similarities to be comparable to the original races upon which they are based. Being animated constructs they normally lack the supernatural abilities or cultural experiences of the copied creature.

While a Forged Facsimile Gnome would be the same size and shape as a true gnome and possess its durability and modest strength it would lack its racial familiarity of gnomish weaponry, the cultural hatred of gobonoids and kobolds, and the innate magical abilities and affinity for illusionary magic. As amazing as these constructs are they are still only physical copies of the creatures upon which they are modelled.

However many a canny artificer has devised a means to imbue these artificial creatures with the capabilities of their flesh and blood counter parts through the use of potent magical devices, Emulation Docents. By embedding one of these specially crafted items into their Facsimile they are able to fully emulate those creatures upon whom they are modelled.

"Forged Facsimile" is an inherited template that can be added to any living corporeal Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, or Giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The template uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted bellow.

Special Attacks: Special (see below), gain a Slam Natural Attack (Small: 1d2; Medium: 1d4; Large: 1d6)
Special Qualities: Composite Plating, Light Fortification, Living Construct Traits (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=L) (See Warforged MM:III p.191), Embedded Engrams, Forge Kind (see below)
Alignment: Can be any alignment but usually similar to that of creator or community.

A creature with Embedded Engrams has been equipped with an Emulation Docent (New Item; see below) this integrated magical item is what powers the Forged Facsimile’s supernatural abilities and allows it to emulate many of the unique racial characteristics such as languages, skills and special abilities and knowledge of its programmed race.

A Forged Facsimile with this quality has a +1 LA and all of the abilities of the base creature, including languages, racial skill bonuses, feats and extraordinary and supernatural abilities as well as spell like abilities.

When applying this template you may choose to remove this quality, if so the Forged Facsimile has +0 LA and does not gain any of the languages, racial skill bonuses, feats or supernatural or spell like abilities of the base creature. They do however, retain the physical traits and extraordinary abilities possessed by the base creature, including any purely physical special qualities, movement modes and attacks.

TankLaser007
2017-11-12, 12:12 PM

That's the PSX4 game ? Hunting those crazy wild cyber beasts?

Baby Gary
2017-11-12, 12:16 PM
That's the PSX4 game ? Hunting those crazy wild cyber beasts?

yeah, I don't have it (pc for live) but it looks really cool.

Baby Gary
2017-11-12, 12:20 PM
--snip--

those are all good ideas, I think better than what I threw together. I was just thinking coming up with this on the spot and didn't really take a long time to think through the fluff (which is bad). Now I am actually thinking of trying to make a class, or PrC, for warforged that ends up something like this

TankLaser007
2017-11-17, 03:17 AM
These were all based upon the ideas and suggestions of Malapterus and LairdMaon so the credit for the creativity goes to them. Still need to finish the write up for the Emulation Docent.

https://s17.postimg.org/b6d4sdwz3/Construct_Creature.jpg

A Construct hound stands at the ready.

Construct Creature [Template]

A Construct Creature is a living construct made to resemble an existing creature, usually an animal of some type, they are similar in many ways to Warforged except they often possess less agency due to their limited intellect. Such constructs are sometimes employed as companions to Rangers or Druids or used as guards, mounts or beasts of burden or war by those with the ability to produce or procure them.

"Construct Creature" is an inherited template that can be added to any living corporeal Animal, Vermin, or Magical Beast (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The template uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted bellow.

Special Attacks: Same as the base creature, gain a Slam Natural Attack (Small: 1d2; Medium: 1d4; Large: 1d6)
Special Qualities: Composite Plating, Light Fortification, Living Construct Traits (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=L) (See Warforged MM:III p.191), Forged Kind, Wild at Heart (see below)
Skills: Same as base creature.
Feats: Same as base creature.
Alignment: Can be any alignment but usually Neutral.
Advancement: Same as base creature.
Level Adjustment: -

Wild at Heart [Special Quality]
A creature with this trait may choose to additionally count as an Animal, Vermin or Magical Beast (depending on it’s original type) for the purposes of spells, abilities or effects which particularly target or require those types.

https://s17.postimg.org/inmc7h4gv/Forged_Friend.jpg

A gnome ranger appreciates the durability and
dependability his caribou construct companion offers.

Construct Companion [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to acquire a new Animal Companion.
Benefit: Upon gaining this feat if you do not already have an Animal Companion you gain one appropriate to your class and level. Any time you would gain an animal companion from Feats (including this one) or Class Features you may choose to apply the Construct Creature template to it. It functions in all other respects like a normal Animal Companion.

Clockwork Summoning [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to cast summoning spells or spell like abilities.
Benefit: Any creatures you summon with the Animal, Vermin or Magical Beast Type acquire the Construct Creature Template for as long as the summoning effect lasts.

Malleable Body [Warforged]

Your body is made of magic infused shiftwood which seems to shift and move on its own, it is more easily altered, modified and naturally suited to shapeshifting magic and effects.

Prerequisites: 1st level only, Warforged
Benefit: Reduce Arcane Spell Failure of your Composite Plating to 0% . The price of any Embedded Warforged Components you purchase is reduced by 5%. If you have any class feature, spell like or supernatural ability that allows you to change or alter your physical form increase its duration by ½. Additionally you gain 1 extra use of that ability per day for every 5HD you possess with a maximum of 4 at level 20. Warforged druids who take this feat may still cast druid spells and use the druid's supernatural and spell-like abilities.

Forged to the Soul [Warforged]
Benefit: When the character assumes another form, they retain the benefits of any Warforged feats they have taken.

Enchanted to the Core [Warforged]
Benefit: When the character assumes another form, any enhancement bonus or other modification to the Warforged's armour or natural weapons, that does not come from a Warforged feat, is applied to the new shape as well.

Forged Familiar [General]

A Forged Familiar is a living construct powered and bound to an arcane caster by a portion of their own life force. It functions in many ways like a typical familiar, even being fashioned in the form of its flesh and blood counterparts, however it can act as a very potent conduit of its master’s magical essence much like a living battery of arcane energy. Such creatures are often kept by artificers, Warforged or those who appreciate the unique abilities such a familiar can bring to bear.

Prerequisite: Ability to acquire a new Familiar.
Benefit: Upon gaining this feat if you do not already have a Familiar you gain one appropriate to your class and level. Any time you would gain a Familiar from Feats (including this one) or class features you may choose to apply the Construct Creature template to it along with the following changes:

Your Familiar does not confer the normal benefit associated with its type, instead it gives its master a +2 on any skill check to repair, create, or identify Constructs. Due to its nature as a construct it does not benefit from the increase in intelligence that a normal familiar does, additionally it does not gain any of the following abilities; Alertness, Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with animals of its kind, Scry on Familiar. Instead it gains the following abilities as indicated in the table below.

Forged Familar

Master Class Level
Natural Armour
Special

1st-2nd

+1
Share Spells, Find Master

3rd-4th

+2
Energy Exhalation 1d6

5th-6th

+3
Speak with Master

7th-8th

+4
Energy Exhalation 2d6

9th-10th

+5
Spell Storing 2nd

11th-12th

+6
Spell Resistance, Protective (-2)

13th-14th

+7
Energy Exhalation 3d6

15th-16th

+8
Spell Storing 3rd

17th-18th

+9
Protective (-4)

19th-20th

+10
Spell Storing 4th

Locate Master (Su): As long as the master and familiar are on the same plane the familiar can always locate their master.

Energy Exhalation (Su): By absorbing and violently expelling stored arcane energy the familiar is able to produce a blast of raw magic that is capable of damaging most creatures or objects. To activate this ability the familiar must have an active spell, cast by its master or an ally, currently in effect on it. The spell must have a duration greater than instantaneous and at least 1 full round remaining in its duration and must have an effective spell level greater than 0.

Activating the ability, which is a Free Action, immediately suppresses all of the spell’s effects as if in an anti-magic field. However, the spell energy continues to be available for the remainder of the spell’s duration. Any time during the remaining duration it may use the spell’s energy to make a single ranged touch attack as a standard action, no more than one such attack can be made per round.

This attack has a range of 30’ per spell level consumed and deals damage equal to the value listed in the table above. It may continue to make such attacks until the spell’s duration ends or all the available spell levels have been exhausted.

A familiar of a 13th level Wizard whose master had shared both Mage Armour and Haste with it could use two Free Actions to subsume both spells gaining a total of 4 spell levels with which to power its Energy Exhalation ability, 1 Level from the Mage Armour which it could use any time within the next hour and 3 levels from the Haste that it could use within the next 13 rounds. In the same round it activated the ability it could use 2 spell levels to make a ranged touch attack up to 60’ dealing 3d6 damage. The next round it could make a second ranged touch attack up to 30’ dealing 3d6 damage and using another spell level leaving 1 remaining. Should it not make another attack before the spell’s duration ends the remaining energy harmlessly dissipates and is lost.

Spells that have been subsumed in this way cannot be dispelled or otherwise affected as the energy has already been absorbed into the familiar’s body. Alternately a familiar without any active spells to fuel its ability can utilise the arcane energy which animates and gives it life, by taking 2 points of Constitution damage per spell level of energy they wish to power an attack with. A familiar whose Constitution reaches 0 or below is destroyed. Activating this ability is a Free Action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Spell Storing (Sp): The familiar can act as a reservoir for spells. This ability allows the familiar to store a number of spells equal to the combined total of the level indicated in the table. Once stored the spell can be cast by the familiar when ordered to do so by its master or when a specific condition is met. A familiar capable of storing up to 2nd level spells could store one spell of 2nd level or two 1st level spells while a familiar capable of storing 4th level spells could store any combination of spells whose total did not exceed 4 levels worth of spells. Stored spells can also be used to power the familiar’s Energy Exhalation ability just as if it was an active spell with a duration of permanent, spells used in this way cannot be cast. When its master prepares new spells or regains spent spell slots any spells or spell energy currently stored in the familiar is lost.

Protective (Ex): The familiar is adept at protecting their master by harrying and distracting those attempting to attack her in melee. As long as the familiar is within 10’ of its master all melee attacks directed against their master take a penalty equal to the familiar’s indicated value in the table above.

Except as noted above the familiar is treated in all respects as any other familiar and counts as a familiar for the purposes of spells, class features or feats which normally effect or target familiars. As a living construct a character whose Forged Familiar is destroyed or dismantled can be raised as normal, if not, they suffer all of the normal penalties associated with loosing a familiar as detailed on p. 54 of the Player’s Handbook.

Construct Conjurer
You prefer the order and dependability of creatures which are made not bred. Many of the creatures you summon, including your familiar, are manifestations of your preference for finely crafted magical constructs.

Class: (Warforged Wizard or Sorcerer) or (Specialist Wizard Conjurer).
Level: 1st (Warforged Wizard or Sorcerer) or 1st (Specialist Wizard Conjurer)
Skills: (Specialist Wizard Conjurer): 4 or more ranks in one of the following; Knowledge – Architecture and Engineering, Craft – Blacksmithing, Craft – Leatherworking, or Craft - Stonemasonery.
Replaces: You do not gain the normal Summon Familiar class feature at 1st level.
Benefit: You may choose to take one or both of the following as Bonus Feats; Clockwork Summoning, Forged Familiar.

Crafted Companion
Despite being more in tune with the natural world than most Warforged their artificial nature and unique outlook make connecting to and understanding living creatures difficult, as a result they feel greater sense of companionship with creatures more like themselves than with normal animals.

Level: 1st (Druid) or 4th (Ranger)
Class Skills: Replace Knowledge (Nature) with Knowledge (Arcana)
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the normal Animal Companion or Wild Empathy class features.
Benefit: When you would normally gain the Animal Companion class feature you instead gain Construct Companion as a Bonus Feat.

Measured Summoner
You prefer the order and dependability of creatures which are made and not bred. Many of the creatures you summon seem reflections of your very nature.

Level: 1st (Druid) or 6th (Ranger)
Replaces: You do not gain the Woodland Stride class feature as normal.
Benefit: You gain Clockwork Summoning as a Bonus Feat.

Reconstructor
Your mastery over your own form has reached such heights that you are able to take the shapes of various animals and even other constructs.

Class: Warforged Druid.
Level: 5th
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the Nature Sense, Wild Shape (Plant), or Wild Shape (Elemental) class features of a standard Druid.
Benefit: Whenever you Wild Shape into an Animal apply the Construct Creature template to that form, otherwise your Wild Shape functions as normal. At 12th level when you would normally gain the Wild Shape (Plant) ability you instead gain the ability to Wild Shape into any Tiny or Small creature of the Construct type, at 16th you may take the form of Medium sized Constructs, at 18th your ability to Wild Shape (Constructs) increases to 2/Day and the size limit increases to Large and at 20th you may take the form of Huge Constructs 3/Day.