PDA

View Full Version : Dice manipulator build.

Sir cryosin
2017-09-05, 08:34 AM
So my DM rolls to high all the time. I keep telling him he need to check his dice. But he doesn't (most of the time he uses dice that light up on a nat 20). So I was thinking of making a Vhuman with the lucky feat wizard Diviner muiltilclassing Into lore bard. I was thinking just 2 levels of Diviner Wizard then rest lore bard. This gives me 3 d20s from lucky, Two d20s from portent wiz, then I'll get Bardic inspiration dice to hand out or use for cutting words. I'll also pick up bless and bane. Depending on my rolled stats I might pick up MI for cantrips guidance.

What do ya'll think any tips

Scathain
2017-09-05, 10:57 AM
Is UA allowed? If so, consider Human Determination from Racial Feats. Gives you a free short rest advantage on any roll. Apart from that, it looks like you have all your bases covered. My only other tip would be to consider Halfling instead of Vuman for rerolling nat 1's, but that's up to personal taste.
Edit: if you DO go halfling, there's a racial feat that lets you use your reaction to reroll your party's nat 1's. Manipulate all the dice!

Joe the Rat
2017-09-05, 11:45 AM
Lucky Halfling Diviner with Font of Luck... yeah, that covers most of your bases. Bard snags gets the rest.

For this situation (and yes, the light-up crit die are not well balanced), I'd avoid Bane. That requires a saving throw, which from the sound of it will easily be passed.

Oramac
2017-09-05, 01:57 PM
I had a party that did exactly this once. It was one of the most fun games I've ever played.

5 players, all take the Lucky feat ASAP:

3x Halfling Divination Wizards

1x Halfling Tempest Cleric 2 / Div Wizard X (with 10 divination dice, your odds of a nat 20 for Destructive Wrath are very high, plus heals)

1x Halfling Bard 3-4 / Div Wizard X (for heals, buffs, skill monkey, and inspiration)

We were playing AL, so no UA allowed, but if you can use UA, grab Bountiful Luck too.

So, you have:

10x Divination Dice
15x Lucky dice
Reroll all 1's
Bardic Inspiration Dice

Our DM HATED us. It was glorious!