PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Rituals

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-09-05, 10:52 AM
i have heard rumors about Psionic characters working together to perform rituals that allowed them to do crazy things, however with my best googling effort, i have been unable to find it.
my train of thought is simple, i just gotten myself thrallherd and since we enjoy challenging each other, and causing absurd but unique situations due to our chaotic mindset(s) i would love to know what could be done if such a thing really existed.
thanks in advance.

Wartex1
2017-09-05, 11:28 AM
Which system?

In Pathfinder, Psychic casters (not 3.5 Psionics) can perform Occult Rituals. That info should be on the SRD under Occult Rules.

Note: In Pathfinder, Psychic Magic and Psionics are separate. Psychic Magic is official content, being more traditional magic with some of the flavor of Psionics, but functioning more like regular magic. Psionics in Pathfinder are primarily developed by the 3rd party company Dreamscarred Press. These are mostly adaptations of the 3.5 Psionics, but have plenty of new things to offer, such as the Aegis or Psionic Necromancy.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-09-05, 02:56 PM
Metaconcert allows several manifesters to combine their efforts. It doesn't increase the group's manifester level, only save DCs, which makes it far less useful than Circle Magic overall.

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-09-05, 05:18 PM
Sorry i forgot, its 3.5

Psyren
2017-09-05, 05:41 PM
You can just make Incantations (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm) with a psionic flavor if you want. Any class can use them if designed that way.

weckar
2017-09-06, 05:02 AM
Metaconcert is just about the only implementation of this I am familiar with. And it is not that good.

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-09-06, 11:20 AM
huh...i just figured thrallhood could be used for some cool rituals or likewise.

Psyren
2017-09-06, 11:25 AM
Well it can - you can devise an incantation with pretty nasty side effects for the secondary casters to keep costs down, and thralls can't complain.

Sagetim
2017-09-07, 10:20 AM
While Metaconcert is the only thing I'm aware of that lets you combine power with some others, it's already been mentioned. And that it's just not as good as circle magic, generally speaking.

While there are Incantation rules in Unearthed Arcana, I would also point to the rules available in the Book of Vile Darkness for ways to abuse your herd. Specifically under sacrifical rules, which are knowledge checks. You may need to check with your gm (I mean, in addition to asking if you can even use stuff from the book of vile darkness), but if you can get dark craft xp and dark craft gold from a regular, daily sacrifice off of your herd, you can build those up to craft some nice stuff for yourself (and maybe your best minions too).