PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Oregon Trail (Recruiting)

8BitNinja
2017-09-05, 05:21 PM
I want to see if people on the playground want to play Oregon Trail together. This is how it is going to work

I'm going to recruit four of you, and we will be a party.
Everything we do, we will take a vote on what to do.
If you die, you lose your ability to post.
I will post screenshots of the game to the thread we are playing on.

If you are interested, tell me in this thread and tell me the name you want to be known by on the wagon. Seats on the wagon are first come, first serve.

Illven
2017-09-05, 05:30 PM
Sure why not I've never played. Illven for my name.

Lacco
2017-09-06, 03:28 AM
It sounds rather interesting, but what are the posting rate expectations?

If >daily, then I'm just interested spectator :smallbiggrin:

LibraryOgre
2017-09-06, 07:39 AM
Not related, but many years ago, my 6th grade GT class did a couple roleplaying scenarios... one based on Oregon Trail, the other based on colonizing the New World.

8BitNinja
2017-09-06, 05:42 PM
It sounds rather interesting, but what are the posting rate expectations?

If >daily, then I'm just interested spectator :smallbiggrin:

Every post will be after everyone has gone. There is no real expectation.

Lacco
2017-09-07, 01:34 AM
Then... count me in :smallbiggrin:

And my character on the wagon shall be known as "Lord Beaver of Wagon"... :smallbiggrin:

Narkis
2017-09-07, 05:37 PM
Sounds fun, count me in. My name shall be Narkis.

danzibr
2017-09-08, 09:05 PM
Sweeeeet. Count me in. I guess to not break tradition I'll be danzibr.

8BitNinja
2017-09-08, 09:47 PM
Alright, looks like we got our 5

I'll be creating a new thread soon. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to Oregon with everyone alive.

Kesnit
2017-09-09, 12:07 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to make it to Oregon with everyone alive.

Aww, where is the fun in that? My friends and I used to have competitions to see how quickly we could kill everyone, then leave amusing messages on the tombstones.

Lacco
2017-09-09, 12:41 PM
Alive...?

...wait, you are going to play Oregon Trail...are you?

I'm also looking forward to having an epically funny epitaph for my character :smallbiggrin:

Narkis
2017-09-10, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I'd be very disappointed if I didn't die horribly somewhere along the way.

danzibr
2017-09-10, 08:21 PM
Oh man. Am I the only person who wants to make it through this alive?

Lacco
2017-09-11, 03:11 AM
@Danzibr: just FYI, I remember trying out one of the Oregon Trail games. Little Jimmy got dysentery before we crossed a river (don't remember it's name). Big Jimmy and Little Jimmy were the only ones that emerged unscathed from the river. Little Jimmy died of dysentery few days after.

It was so much fun! :smallbiggrin:

danzibr
2017-09-11, 06:07 AM
@Danzibr: just FYI, I remember trying out one of the Oregon Trail games. Little Jimmy got dysentery before we crossed a river (don't remember it's name). Big Jimmy and Little Jimmy were the only ones that emerged unscathed from the river. Little Jimmy died of dysentery few days after.

It was so much fun! :smallbiggrin:
Ouch :P

I remember playing Oregon Trail quite a bit at school when I was young. Mid 90's, maybe late 90's. I don't recall it being so brutal, but maybe that's just my poor memory.

Lacco
2017-09-11, 06:10 AM
Ouch :P

I remember playing Oregon Trail quite a bit at school when I was young. Mid 90's, maybe late 90's. I don't recall it being so brutal, but maybe that's just my poor memory.

For my part: I played it just for fun, after reading some article about it. I had no idea what to do, how does it work and didn't even read the manual.

So most probably, I just messed up real hard (I think I did buy some supplies and ammunition somewhere... other than that, I remember nothing except the first river... :smallbiggrin:).

Crooked Man
2017-09-11, 07:43 PM
That sounds cool. Is it the old game or the new version?

8BitNinja
2017-09-11, 08:48 PM
That sounds cool. Is it the old game or the new version?

It's going to be the old version.

Well, it looks like everyone is ready to die then. I'm glad we could all accept are inevitable fates.

Anyways, sorry for taking so long. I've been really busy lately. Hopefully I can start up the game tomorrow or the next day.

danzibr
2017-09-11, 09:06 PM
Well, it looks like everyone is ready to die then. I'm glad we could all accept are inevitable fates.

Waaaaaaaait a minute. I'm totally going to make it :P

Anyways, sorry for taking so long. I've been really busy lately. Hopefully I can start up the game tomorrow or the next day.
No worries!

8BitNinja
2017-09-14, 06:06 PM
So I finally started. We are playing here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?536295-Oregon-Trail-Let-s-Play)