PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-12 IC

DrK
2017-09-05, 05:53 PM
Stargate SG-12 IC

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/main_wide/public/6/27//stargate-movie-poster-1994.jpg?itok=KZ6k8TKb

The SGC had been busy of late, the "OFF WORLD ACTIVATION" alarm sending every few hours as message crept in from their new allies the Tok'ra and the newly expanded teams - now up to SG-20 - have been increasing tempo in the exploration of the new worlds as more of Dr Jackson's addresses have been explored with the new MALPS and drones that have been provided by the new oversight committee. The relatively newly formed SG-12 - although several of you know each from previous branches of the service - is up for the next exploration mission and you are soon summoned by Colonel Winston for a mission briefing.

Arriving early the briefing documents lie on the table with the map of heavily forested canyons and some aerial topography. The coffee machine bubbles in the corner and from the viewing gallery you can see some of the airmen doing some maintenance on the gate superconducters....

please enter and greet each other

Squadfather42
2017-09-05, 06:35 PM
Judson enters the briefing room and is surprised thst he's first to arrive. Moving over to the table he picks up a folder and reads the material inside.

Once done he looks over the map with a tactical mindset.

infoweasel
2017-09-06, 09:54 AM
Arriving in his freshly pressed BDUs and highly polished jungle boots, Major O'Hallagan peeks in the briefing room window whose blinds have yet to be closed. Smiling to himself at the familiar face, he makes his way in, strolling towards the coffee machine first thing. "Mornin', Judson. You awake yet?" Turning to face other Soldier while he pours, he asks, "Numero tres for me this morning. Got a packet of the instant crap ready for offworld. You want one?"

Squadfather42
2017-09-06, 02:06 PM
"Copy that sir, I was just going through the intel here and getting a lay of the land. So far nothing really jumps out though. "

Judson says as he smiles at the arrival of his long time friend and team leader.

stanleyindraven
2017-09-06, 03:13 PM
"Sargent, Major," Fred says to the others as he tails in behind O'Hallagan. He looks at the folder and map laid out and takes a seat across from Cross. "Are you as excited as I am?"

Squadfather42
2017-09-06, 05:08 PM
"Sargent, Major," Fred says to the others as he tails in behind O'Hallagan. He looks at the folder and map laid out and takes a seat across from Cross. "Are you as excited as I am?"

"I am, I was starting to get antsy."

Jdson grabs two of the folders and sludes them over to the Major and Fred.

DrK
2017-09-07, 05:11 PM
The coffee, as is traditional in the SGC, is strong and of good quality. No-one knows what brand or where he gets it but no-one was inclined to ask any questions of Sgt Silar as long as he kept supplying the briefing room with the excellent coffee. Colonel Winston enters informally, a hand waving you all to your seats after a cursory salute. Colonel Winston is a tall imposing Colonel, his strong southern accent disguising a razor sharp mind that 3 decades in the military reconnaissance office before his transfer had rewarded handsomely.

He looks to the Major and nods. "Morning Major. I'll get started now as no point keeping you. Its standard exploration mission. The terrain looks a bit like Canada. A lot of high stone ridges, narrow ravines and pine trees. Don't get stuck please. Initial studies
have shown it to be Earth like if on the cool side. MALP telemetry has picked up some interesting things. The first is the highly dense metallic object NNW of the gate. That is one of the objectives. The second is the source of some unusual alien readings. We've started some analysis but the boffins down in the lab have precious little info so far. MALP camera's also picked up an asteroid we assume in the atmopshere. So keep an eye out in case there is more."

He gestures at the briefing papers. " The scientific survey (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dni2MgN4KvbZSd4lpIYJi4qW2MwTZZhEKPnwOp9mBD0/edit)
contains a summary of the MALP telemtery. Anything else is in the mission briefing (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ShtxsFxraorTszh3qWLOOnWzapuNPf5ZBr2yym3BMpI/edit). Any questions so far Major?" He looks around happily. "Standard exploration gear is waiting the armoury. You move out out at 15:00."

Feel free to spend 6 hours sorting out any analysis or skill checks you think may be useful for the science survey

Standard SG-Bundle
:- MP5, duty vest etc... as detailed in the Core Rulebook

Mission Bundle: Puzzle Bundle+extra:
:- Backpack
:- Science kits (any 2)
:- Digital camera (standard), Chemcial analyser, Logbook
:- Metal detector, Geiger counter, PDA (power rating +2)
:- Light amplification binoculars
:- Compass

hand ax ranger
2017-09-07, 08:01 PM
Marcus sits in his seat as the Colonel leaves, simply drinking coffee. Up to this point he's said very little but now feel the need to add to the discussion.

"So now what?"

infoweasel
2017-09-10, 01:21 PM
Marcus sits in his seat as the Major leaves, simply drinking coffee. Up to this point he's said very little but now feel the need to add to the discussion.

"So now what?"

After a long few minutes of looking over the briefing, the Major looks between his team. "I'm going to assume worst case scenario and prepare for what seems like a crash-landed hostile spacecraft. As such, we'll play this one close to the vest; avoid engagement except as absolutely necessary. The forest that looks remarkably like the Pacific Northwest will make it easy to stay concealed as we move along this way." Stuffing the map into a waterproof carrier, he draws a rough counter-clockwise arc from the Stargate to the magnetic anomaly."We'll re-assess once we make contact, but we'll make a rough plan of crossing the shallowest ravine we can find to get back to the central plateau and then head for the source of the transmissions."

Stuffing the rest of the briefing into his map / document carrier, he makes ready to get up. "Fred, see if you can make heads or tails of that transmission and EM data before we head out. If you think we'll need any specialized equipment, let me know and I'll see what I can wrangle Supply into giving up."

"Thompson, Cross," he says with a "let's go" gesture. "Gear up, gear check, then map review and navigation planning; I'll want your input on optimal approaches since this'll be primarily recon and the terrain looks like a bitch. Fred, we'll be back in here once you're done looking over that data. Wheels up at noon-thirty."

Squadfather42
2017-09-10, 01:57 PM
Judson snaps to as the orders are issued. As they leave the room he asks a question at both of his teammates. "Do you think this warrants myself or Thompson grabbing the Barrett? I'll grab it if you want
It'd be better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

infoweasel
2017-09-10, 03:22 PM
Judson snaps to as the orders are issued. As they leave the room he asks a question at both of his teammates. "Do you think this warrants myself or Thompson grabbing the Barrett? I'll grab it if you want
It'd be better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Narrowing his eyes briefly in thought as he follows the colored line through the SGC's cramped corridors towards Supply, the Major eventually nods. "Might as well. If it's a Goa'uld ship, it might still have functional weapons. Couldn't hurt to have anti-materiel weapons. ""I'll rec y'all a Ghille suit while I'm down there. Prefab, but better'n nothing.

Squadfather42
2017-09-10, 03:25 PM
"Copy that, sir. I'll draw it out, when I go down to the armory. I'll grab a MP5 or P90, to use as a secondary weapon."

Jydson responds to the response from his friend and team-leader.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-11, 03:18 PM
Narrowing his eyes briefly in thought as he follows the colored line through the SGC's cramped corridors towards Supply, the Major eventually nods. "Might as well. If it's a Goa'uld ship, it might still have functional weapons. Couldn't hurt to have anti-materiel weapons. ""I'll rec y'all a Ghille suit while I'm down there. Prefab, but better'n no

"A .50 you say? Wow now I'm actually somewhat concerned on what we're dealng with...."

infoweasel
2017-09-15, 10:05 AM
After a short jaunt to Supply during which the Major BS's with his NCOs about a new pistol he plans on purchasing, Maj. O'Hallagan draws a kit designed for camouflage and rough terrain. As he signs off on his requisition forms, he notes to the Sergeants, "Gentlemen, please either draw NVGs or make sure your weapon's scope is night-sight. We own the night."

As his draw isn't as involved as the sniper teams, he packs out his gear into his ruck before hefting it onto his shoulders. "Join me in briefing when you're done, I'll get started on map review."

Carrying his helmet under his left arm, he stows it in a corner of the conference room they've been assigned before popping in the MALP surveillance tape (DVD? Flash drive?). He ends up focusing on the map, and doesn't really get much out of whatever footage he's able to review before the sniper team returns. An optimal approach with minimal effort and risk is plotted up and around various bends and ridges first to the magnetic anomaly and then the source of the transmissions, marked in grease pen on the plastic covering of his map carrier.

Edit: Sorry to throw around so many acronyms. Night Vision Goggles if that weren't already apparent.

Squadfather42
2017-09-15, 05:53 PM
"Copy that sir. I'll draw my gear and meet you back in the briefing room to go over the fine print. As an added precaution I'll draw extra batteries for the night sights and NVG's. You know how they always go down right when you need them. Do you want to do the PCC's and PCI's there or right before we go through the gate?"

Juddon then goes to the Quarter Master & Armorer drawing his necessary gear for the upcoming mission. As soon as the sniper rifle is broken down into its main parts and secured in its MOLLE case, Judson straps it onto his rucksack. Once his gear is good to go, he heads back up to the briefing room to help plan the mission.

I understood the NVG acronym. I figured I'd throw my 2 in...
PCC- Pre Combat Check
PCI- Pre Combat Inspection

DrK
2017-09-16, 12:53 AM
The armoury Sgt is as all quartermasters less than friendly but allows you to draw you gear and soon after a huddle to plot your course in the briefing room and an hour to ready and prep with a team PCI you find yourself in the gate room laden down with heavy packs, Sgt Juddon with the massive sniper rifle broken down into its case.

Colonel Winston as Duty Officer in the gate room gives you a wave as Sgt Harriman slowly dials the gate. The familiar "Chevron 1 encoded, chevron 2 encoded...........chevron 7 locked" drowned out by the roar of power as the liquid Stargate forms and splashes into life in a quantum wave. Winston salutes, "Check GDO codes, awaiting MALP telemetry ".

A long minute passes as the technician verifies the GDO signals before Winston nods - " MALP footage confirms early morning off world, 12°C and light rain. No other changes, SG-12 you have a go..."

hand ax ranger
2017-09-16, 04:03 AM
Marcus gathers his gear, still a bit unsure as to why they would need TWO anti-material rifles. He managed to snag a Night vision scope for the M40a1, gear checks his selections, then heads for the rest of the group.

By the time He finds them he hears them give the "data spew" and all the other stuff. He adjusts the gear to fit on him more comfortably, then walks up beside the guy with the M82.

"Alright then, lets go on Safari."

Squadfather42
2017-09-16, 03:02 PM
Judson adjusts the straps on his ruck to get his gear adjusted better. As they line up and wait for the command to go through the gate, Judson looks over at Marcus and grins.

"I tell, that I have a sweet tooth for this?"

hand ax ranger
2017-09-16, 05:26 PM
Judson adjusts the steaps on his ruck to get his gear adjusted better. As they line up and wait for the command to go through the gate, Judson looks over at Marcus and grins.

"I tell, that I have a sweet tooth for this?"

"*smirk* A bit. So then what kind of bugged eyed tentacle nightmare we expecting?"

He weapons checks the MP5, making sure it's locked and loaded.

Squadfather42
2017-09-16, 05:30 PM
"Not sure, but I'm sure we'll find something to tell the grandkids about....as long as it's not classified."

Judson says in response to Marcus's question. Now it's the time honored military tradition of hurry up and wait. Some things never change.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-18, 03:59 PM
"Mhm.... Try you to get us killed then."

infoweasel
2017-09-19, 02:12 PM
As the Major finishes Pre-Combat Checks on all gear that could possibly fail (which is most of it), he smirks at the chatter between his NCOs. "I think our NDAs are in basically indefinite. You could always tell them a fairy tale that bears a striking resemblance to the missions, though."

Closing up Judson's ruck and checking his own, he adds with a smirk, "Assuming we find something exciting. Could just be a meteorite and some weird natural radiation."

As he taps his magazine on his helmet to help settle the ammunition after checking it, he continues. "I wouldn't mind if it's something more interesting, though. Y'all ready? Supposed to be cold as balls and worse than the craziest roller coaster. Hope you had a light breakfast."

"SG-12, move out!" he calls with an unsuppressed grin, boots echoing on the metal ramp leading up to the event horizon. With a final deep breath and a sigh, he steps forward briskly into the unknown.

Squadfather42
2017-09-19, 03:00 PM
Judson laughs as he listens to the Majors comments. As soon as the checks are complete, he moves up the ramp and wait his turn to go through the star gate.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. Fore I'm the meanest mother...."

The rest of Judson's colorful speech is cut off as he enters the star gate.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-19, 03:07 PM
Marcus chuckles at his unexpected ending there.

"Well put."

He then enters the Gate.

DrK
2017-09-21, 04:26 PM
The Stargate ripples, waves forming on the surface and the strange screaming noise envelops you as your awareness is torn away as your atoms are rematerialized and hurled across hundreds of light years...

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/6/65/Wormhole_Moving.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100221013911

Smoke and steam coming off your fatigues you step out of the whirling vortex into the pine covered hill side. A worn stone plinth beneath your feet and what appears to be a quartet of now moss covered standing stones by the gate. The MALP is parked nearby by the DHD that looks normal, a light blinking showing its active as the team stumble out the vortex.

With bundles, gear and 50 Cal sniper rifles can peope check encumbrance

The air is cold and you can hear the sound of a river nearby as the radio crackles into life. "SGC to SGC-12, transit complete?"

infoweasel
2017-09-21, 06:24 PM
The Major shakes his head to clear the worst of the disorientation along with a deep breath to help fight the subsiding wave of nausea. Reaching to his shoulder, he clicks the radio on. "Roger, SG-12 reporting transit complete. Over."

Squadfather42
2017-09-21, 07:03 PM
Judson shakes the cobwebs out of his mind as he takes in the new surroundings.

Walking up to the Major, Judson waits as he transmits back to SGC command.

"You want me to move a little bit? See what's down the trail and report back?"

hand ax ranger
2017-09-21, 07:32 PM
Marcus shrugged of the myriad of things caused by the travel.

"that was....new....So what now Sir? Whats the rules of engagement again?"

infoweasel
2017-09-22, 12:12 PM
As he waits for a reply from SGC, O'Hallagan looks around to take in his immediate surroundings. "Don't fire unless fired upon or you have my order. Pair up, lemme get a quick 50 meter perimeter and then we'll spot-check our planned route and head out."

Squadfather42
2017-09-22, 12:23 PM
As he waits for a reply from SGC, O'Hallagan looks around to take in his immediate surroundings. "Don't fire unless fired upon or you have my order. Pair up, lemme get a quick 50 meter perimeter and then we'll spot-check our planned route and head out."

"Copy that, 50 meters, moving out."

Judson replies as he hears the issued orders. All semblance of the jokster is gone, replaced by the professional soldier.

Judson moves out about 50 meters and takes up a security position.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-22, 01:49 PM

"Yes Sir.."

Marcus moves out to set up a 50ft Perimeter, all the while scanning the area for movement. He moves with caution as to not cause his Ghille Suit (never liked how the *Classified* gave the appearance of a moldy Chewbacca) to shake too much.

[roll0] Stealth

DrK
2017-09-25, 04:44 PM
Marcus in his ghillie suit vanishes into the pines and scrub as he scouts ahead of the main party picking their way through the cool woods. The twin moons bright even in the day light above them as they push on following the terrain towards their first checkpoint, the strange metal source. Out in front its Marcus as he passes along the wooded floor of a narrow gorge his attention so drawn to a series of standing stones on the ridge edge some 60ft up the near vertical scree slopes of the gully. The regular edges and the faded patterens barely visible from 60ft below suggest that they are not natural.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-26, 03:41 AM
Marcus in his ghillie suit vanishes into the pines and scrub as he scouts ahead of the main party picking their way through the cool woods. The twin moons bright even in the day light above them as they push on following the terrain towards their first checkpoint, the strange metal source. Out in front its Marcus as he passes along the wooded floor of a narrow gorge his attention so drawn to a series of standing stones on the ridge edge some 60ft up the near vertical scree slopes of the gully. The regular edges and the faded patterens barely visible from 60ft below suggest that they are not natural.

He uses his scope (finger off the trigger obviously) to see whats around it.

"Spotted a bunch of stones sir...."

Percetion [roll0]

Squadfather42
2017-09-27, 11:45 PM
Judson listens to the report of the rocks and smiles to himself. So this mission may not be a total waste.

Moving ahead slowly, Judson scans the area..

Perception-
[roll0]

Survival-
[roll1]

DrK
2017-09-28, 01:37 AM
Judson joins the moving bush, both staring up at the stones. Both can see clearly now they are of non-natural origin. The few they can see from the base of the gorge probably marking a circle. Through the scope Maecus can see marks and moss covered inscriptions on their sides!

Squadfather42
2017-09-28, 03:23 AM
Judson joins the moving bush, both staring up at the stones. Both can see clearly now they are of non-natural origin. The few they can see from the base of the gorge probably marking a circle. Through the scope Maecus can see marks and moss covered inscriptions on their sides!

"Boss, you may want to move up and check this out. The stones look like they form a circle. They kind of remind me of the pictures you see of Stonehenge."

Judson scans the area as they stand there looking at the stones.

hand ax ranger
2017-09-28, 03:29 AM
"Boss, you may want to move up and check this out. The stones look like they form a circle. They kind of remind me of the pictures you see of Stonehenge."

Judson scans the area as they stand there looking at the stones.

Marcus jeeps watch behind them, not sure what to expect coming up on them. experience in and especially outside of the military taught him that even if there were no enemy combatants there could still be predators to dumb, brave or starved to leave a sitting hunter alone. Coyotes and snakes, as unlikely as they were, came to mind...and that was just what HE KNEW could be......

[roll0]

infoweasel
2017-09-29, 12:30 PM
The Major waves their civilian specialist to follow him as he makes his way to Judson's position. Pulling out his binoculars, he checks out the standing stones. "Hey Fred, get some pictures of whatever that is, will you? It's a bit out of the way for now, but we'll check it on our way back if we have time and conditions allow."

After studying the artifact and allowing their scientist type to get some photos, the Major stows his binos. "Alrighty folks, let's head out. Judson, you're on point." Smirking he notes, "Price of having good eyes. Everyone else, head on a swivel."

Perception roll to check out the artifact for anything really unusual:

[roll0]

Squadfather42
2017-10-02, 12:36 AM
"Copy that, moving out to 50."
Judson says with a smile on his face. As soon as he's 50 ft in front of the group, Judson starts to scan his surroundings. Moving quick enough to cover distance, yet slow enough to scan the area, Judson moves along with his MP5 at the low-ready.

Perception-
[roll0]

Survival-
[roll1]

hand ax ranger
2017-10-02, 07:05 AM
"Copy that, moving out to 50."
Judson says with a smile on his face. As soon as he's 50 ft in front of the group, Judson starts to scan his surroundings. Moving quick enough to cover distance, yet slow enough to scan the area, Judson moves along with his MP5 at the low-ready.

Perception-
[roll0]

Survival-
[roll1]

As Judson moves up Marcus readies to cover him, scanning the tree lines and edges for anything to pop up and offend Judson.

[roll0]

Ready action to aim at any such target then shoot them.
should concentration check fail then it would just be shoot.

[roll1]

stanleyindraven
2017-10-02, 12:22 PM
Fred stumbles about a bit as he pulls the camera to the ready. He looks around, knowing he only has the video camera. "I will get footage of it." He clicks on the recording and starts to pan about, trying to zoom in on the stones as he passes over them.

DrK
2017-10-02, 04:17 PM
Some shots are taken of the stones from a distance before the party heads off again, the pine covered ridges hard going as the team follows the long contours along the river before rounding a bend and seeing the metallic object that been detected on the MALP survey. 300 yards up the narrow gorge, across the 40ft of white water you can make out massive chunks of metal and the now one-winged wreckage of what appears to be a goaul'd deathglider that has impacted upon the sloping rocky slope of the opposite side of the ravine.

Squadfather42
2017-10-03, 07:01 PM
Upon sighting the crashed glider, Judson drops to one knee and throws his hand up to signal a tactical stop.

Glancing back Judson gives the Major a quick "check this out" look.

hand ax ranger
2017-10-03, 10:09 PM
Upon sighting the crashed glider, Judson drops to one knee and throws his hand up to signal a tactical stop.

Glancing back Judson gives the Major a quick "check this out" look.

Marcus conitues to watch over Judson to make sure he does not get shot up.

If I need to roll to maintain let me know.

stanleyindraven
2017-10-04, 01:52 PM
Fred stops and crouches in place.

DrK
2017-10-04, 03:48 PM
The three military team members all pause - dropping to knees, eyes to gun sights as they scan the river bank. The twin moons in the sky highlight the alien world as they watch for any movement but nothing appears to be moving by the crushed glider save for the splashing white water rapids and the trees flapping in the string winds. Not even a wisp of smoke can be seen rising from the crashed cockpit although from this side of the river you cannot see the cockpit or top of the glider.

infoweasel
2017-10-06, 05:32 PM
Taking a knee behind foliage, the Major whips out his binos and takes a peek at the crashed enemy ship. "Well, ****. No activity, no signs of the pilot, and...damn, can't see the cockpit from here." Dropping the binos and pulling out his map, he thinks out loud. "No way to know why it's here. Here's the plan: Cross, Thompson, take overwatch positions no more than 300 meters from the craft," he instructs with a general area pointed out on the map. "I'll take Fred down and see if that thing's distress beacon has been activated so we know one way or the other to expect company. Two clicks on the comm when you're in position. Radio silence apart from that excepting enemy contact, if it's activated I'll give a visual signal to regroup and we'll discuss plans in person."

Squadfather42
2017-10-08, 02:15 PM
Judson acknowledges the Majors orders. Moving swiftly and yet carefully, he is soon in an over watch position.

Checking to ensue that he gas a good, ckear field of fire. Judson slides his rucksack off and breaks his "baby" out. In a matter of seconds he is looking through the scope of his Barrett.

DrK
2017-10-08, 02:51 PM
The two overwatch team members trot off upriver a little. Both able to easily make their way into heavy cover opposite the glider. Judson finding a convenient boulder to rest the massive .50 cal sniper rifle on. As both watch over the downed glider still nothing seems to be moving. The scrub covered ravine giving easy cover and wandering across the hill slope they can easily cover the Major and Fred.

Feel free to please make Hide and Surveillance rolls

Slipping down the slope towards the edge of the river Fred and Major can easily reach a pair of man sized boulders with water lapping around them and they can stare across the fast flowing rievr rapids at the crashed glider. Neither can see any movement.

If you have any detection equipment you could scan for any emissions otherwise having a swim?

hand ax ranger
2017-10-08, 03:51 PM
Marcus adjusts himself to be able to keep over watch on the two. He still scans the tree lines and any place some sort of bug eyed tentacle alien could come from.

DrK
2017-10-15, 12:23 AM
The river looks too deep here and it's too far away to scan. Scopes out the team look left and right until they find 2 options. One, about a mile downstream is after a nasty set of rapids the water slows on a bend becoming lazy and slow, wide but possibly swimmable.

The other you can see would be a scramble across a large rapid playing leapfrog across the rocks. Aside from those options it would be a guess and a longer delay to go up or down river.

hand ax ranger
2017-10-15, 07:17 AM
Marcus.....is not really doing anything else, still just over-watching Judson.

Again do I need to re-roll concentration or no?

Squadfather42
2017-10-15, 01:59 PM
Judson settles in and gets as comfortable as possible, while scanning the area through his scope. Scanning the area, Judson is looking for anything that normally wouldn't belong there.

Hide-
[roll0]

Surveillance-
[roll1]

infoweasel
2017-10-16, 07:20 PM
As he approaches the river, Major O'Hallagan has a good look up and down the river, briefly consulting his map before pointing at a series of medium sized rocks with moderate gaps between them. Keeping his voice low, he motions to Fred. "Looks like we get to play leapfrog. C'mon." Opening his pack, he pulls a rope from it and ties it loosely around his waist, then hands the other end to Fred, motioning for the civilian to do the same. "Just in case," he comments as he cinches the rope tight just above his ammo belt.

I'm assuming this would be an Athletics check? Not sure if my climbing kit would help at all, if so it's +2 circumstance bonus.

Either way, I'm going to use Generous and have my roll apply for both Fred and I, and will spend an Action die to up it.

Athletics: [roll0]

Action die: [roll1]

DrK
2017-10-19, 04:48 PM
Clambering over the slippery rocks the Major reaches the first of what would be a large jump, 7ft, then 8ft then 6ft across the river with his trailing rope. He reaches the first one, for a leap that would have been simple if he had a run up, but sadly on the rocks the run up is limited and he slips and catches the edge of the water, feet dangling in the cold water. As he drags himself up onto the rock, looking out over the next leap that is even bigger. The rope held taut if if the others want to jump across as well.

8ft wit no run up = DC16
6ft with no run = DC 12

hand ax ranger
2017-10-19, 06:46 PM
Marcus catches up by this time, watching Judson almost wipeout.. "Hey...no time for swimming Jud. We got work to do. afterwards maybe you can splash around.."

he simply waits to see how this goes.

infoweasel
2017-10-20, 12:49 PM
As Major O'Hallagan drags himself back up onto the rock, he takes off his helmet and slicks his thinning chesnut hair to get the worst of the water out of it. As he eyeballs the next jump, he gets into position and then thinks for a moment, shaking his head. Looking back over it, he calls, "I'm just gonna swim the rest of it and set up the rope for y'all when I get over there. No need for the rest of y'all to get wet."

Setting down his pack, he takes out a waterproof bag and then sets the whole pack, his boots and his weapon inside it. Setting it down, he motions to Fred. "Tie that up and I'll pull it in once I'm on the other side. Carefully lowering himself into the water, he makes for the shore from where he's at.

B

TW Judson is Squadfather42, not me. You said that he catches up...isn't Marcus supposed to be on overwatch on the ridge?

Swimming:

So the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/swim.htm) says one cannot take 10 in stormy water, which implies one can take 10 if it's not stormy water. If possible I'll just take 10. If not let me know and I'll roll.

DrK
2017-10-21, 08:46 AM
With a heavy sigh the Major slips off the rock and swims and wades his way across the river taking some time but reach the other bank shivering and soaked but safe and unharmed. Once across its a matter of a few minutes to find a stout looking tree stump to secure the line to for the others to have a guard rope to help them across if they choose to swim or jump?

Standing on the rocky side of the stream he can see nothing moving still and bar a few small birds in the trees neither can his team members in the trees....

infoweasel
2017-10-21, 04:16 PM
Shaking the water from his BDUs as best he's able, the Major calls out to his team's civilian specialist, just loud enough to be heard over the rush of water but not so loud that it bounces off the canyon walls. "Alright Fred, you can do this. Tie the other end of the rope up at a bit of an incline and then we can let gravity zipline over your field kits and my pack. After that just keep a-hopping, once you hit a gap too big for you just use the rope to shimmy across. Worst case scenario you'll get a bit wet and I'll pull you in."

hand ax ranger
2017-10-21, 04:59 PM
Marcus keeps at the ready to react should something go down. currently this was Judson's show and he had no real reason (or inclination) to take it from him.

stanleyindraven
2017-10-27, 11:56 AM
Fred finally stops looking at the camera long enough to realize he was supposed to be running across the river. He takes off after the major.

Athletics [roll0]

DrK
2017-10-29, 10:07 AM
With much splashing and muttered cursing the team manage to cross the crude rope bridge and reach the far shore. Squelching down the banks of the river the team sweep the banks left and right searching for signs of anything but still seeing little more than a few winged birds. Soon they see the crashed and impacted death glider once more. the nose and cockpit partially buried in the shale and the two wings shattered and broken beside the crushed hull.

hand ax ranger
2017-11-01, 05:43 PM
With much splashing and muttered cursing the team manage to cross the crude rope bridge and reach the far shore. Squelching down the banks of the river the team sweep the banks left and right searching for signs of anything but still seeing little more than a few winged birds. Soon they see the crashed and impacted death glider once more. the nose and cockpit partially buried in the shale and the two wings shattered and broken beside the crushed hull.

Marcus looks around, seeing nothing but the glider. well...now what?

Squadfather42
2017-11-01, 06:43 PM
Judson stands there looking at the crashed glider. "What do you want us to do now?"

infoweasel
2017-11-02, 12:51 PM
The Major raises his weapon to a ready position and circles around so that he can see the cockpit to make sure it's secure. "Fred, let's get this thing open so we can see if you can pull any data from this thing."

stanleyindraven
2017-11-02, 01:27 PM
Fred will continue to film as he gets up to the cockpit area, making sure to document their mission as best he could.

Squadfather42
2017-11-02, 01:30 PM
Not wanting to be in the way, Judson moves off to the side to set up a security post.

Far enough to be out of the way, but yet close enough to see anything interesting Judson sets in for the long wait.

hand ax ranger
2017-11-03, 12:33 AM
Marcus Simply sits cross-legged, now once more looking like a bush, and keeps alert....

DrK
2017-11-03, 06:58 PM
THe two soldiers move into the nearby brush at the top of the bank to get better visibility into the woods around the beach as the major and their scientist approach the glider. The cockpit cracked open and as you close you can see a dead body within. The geiger counter begins to twitch an bleep as you approach suggesting that there may be some leaks in some of the systems.

Feel free to make some skill checks. What are yuo wanting to do with the wrecked ship?

Squadfather42
2017-11-03, 07:37 PM
Judson scans his sector as the the Major and Fred move to the downed glider.

"Here's an idea to toss around. Like our aircraft, shouldn't this have some kind of black box?"

infoweasel
2017-12-11, 05:34 PM
Fred begins nosing around the cockpit, looking to see if there's a black box and if there's a distress beacon active.

Electronics:

[roll0]

DrK
2018-01-15, 07:40 PM
Fred has a careful look at the electronics in the Goauld cockpit but sadly there is no obvious way of accessing it. The power seems drained and little activity seems to be present in the ruined glider. As he climbs over the vessel Judson spies some movement in the tree line, a glimpse of metallic metal as he spots the familiar shape of a staff weapon and jaffa armour....

Squadfather42
2018-01-15, 08:25 PM
"Contact in the treeline...confirmed one Jaffa...possibly more."

Judson concentrates on keeping the Jaffa in his scope. Settling into a comfortable position, Judson waits.

hand ax ranger
2018-01-16, 12:23 AM
Marcus shifts his aim to that directon, readying to shoot. He's not sure what type of alien monstrosity is going to pop out, but its about to get a taste of Marine Marksmanship.

infoweasel
2018-01-16, 11:10 AM
The Major clicks his weapon to 'burst fire' and keys his radio. "Open fire. Cover Fred and I, we're falling back to your position."

Looking to Fred with a no-nonsense look, he orders, "Get your ass back across the river. We'll cover you and then follow."

Edging to one end of the Glider, the Major peeks out using the hull as cover. Sighting down his scope in the direction his sniper team indicated, he advises over the radio the approximate clock direction from his position, distance, and windage to the best of his ability.

OOC: How far away is the treeline where the Jaffa is? No point in firing with a short-range SMG if he's more than 50ish yards away.

The verbal communication via radio is enough to spend an Action Die to increase the roll of whoever is firing on the Jaffa using Generous.

Action Die roll: [roll0]
-add the above to your attack roll, whoever ends up firing first.