PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Mutants and masterminds 2nd

Confusing Zark
2017-09-06, 12:32 AM
Hey, I am theory crafting and I have an idea of a guy that has tremorsense that he can't turn off, the problem is I want to get the range of it to be continential, but everything I try seems to be either too far are not far enough, Please help.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-09-08, 11:25 PM
The problem you run into is that continents are of radically different size in general and are poorly defined. For a real world example Asia and Europe are sometimes listed separately and sometimes together; Africa is sometimes thrown in. The Americas run into the same problem. My best suggestion would be to use Extended enough to cover a continent, (likely 9 hits of extended plus 3 for tremors ensemble yielding 12 ranks) and add Limited (edge of Continent) to 4 of those ranks for a final point total of 10.

Scots Dragon
2017-09-14, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't even limit it to the edge of the continent as such; the increasing distance penalties plus the fact that the tectonic plates aren't always in full alignment should solve any issues of distance there.

Go for the following;

Super-Senses 10 (Tremorsense [tactile; Accurate, Ranged, Extended 7]; 10pp)

Feel free to add acute or analytical to represent more detailed senses.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-09-15, 02:51 AM
I figured continental range meant range that covered contents specifically. I am not sure OP is even watchig this thread but clarification would be nice.

Confusing Zark
2017-10-17, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't even limit it to the edge of the continent as such; the increasing distance penalties plus the fact that the tectonic plates aren't always in full alignment should solve any issues of distance there.

Go for the following;

Super-Senses 10 (Tremorsense [tactile; Accurate, Ranged, Extended 7]; 10pp)

Feel free to add acute or analytical to represent more detailed senses.

Sorry for the long delay I was watching this post for a while but nothing happened so I forgot about it. I was doing something similar already Tremorsense (Accurate, Ranged Touch, Extended x7)
How does your version work different than mine? I'm till kind of new to the mechanical side of things