PDA

View Full Version : Advancing Chameleon casting via prestige class

Yogibear41
2017-09-06, 02:22 AM
I know I cannot use a Chameleon's spells to qualify for a prestige class, but say I already have a spellcasting class then I take a few chameleon levels, can I then use a spellcasting class that I already qualify for without my chameleon casting, to advance my chameleon casting or would I have to advance the casting of the base class I already had?

Zombimode
2017-09-06, 07:41 AM
The thing is, the Chameleon doesn't has a casting Progression. Instead it provides a class Feature that may result in you being able to cast spells and it provides Details on how many spells per Level you can cast in this case and how your Caster Level is determined.

Venger
2017-09-06, 08:12 AM
I know I cannot use a Chameleon's spells to qualify for a prestige class, but say I already have a spellcasting class then I take a few chameleon levels, can I then use a spellcasting class that I already qualify for without my chameleon casting, to advance my chameleon casting or would I have to advance the casting of the base class I already had?

you can't advance chameleon with a +casting class since you don't have spellcasting. that said, any class that gives +class features, such as legacy champion or uncanny trickster will progress all of chameleon's goodies along with giving what is likely a better chassis.

ATHATH
2017-09-06, 03:13 PM
I think the Eldritch Master PrC might be able to do the trick, although I'm not sure.

Venger
2017-09-06, 03:20 PM
I think the Eldritch Master PrC might be able to do the trick, although I'm not sure.

what book is that from?

ATHATH
2017-09-06, 03:57 PM
what book is that from?
Dragon Magazine #Something-Or-Other

I think there's a copy of it up on Forgotten Realms Helps, though.