PDA

View Full Version : A funny comparison - Runescape and OOTS

Impikmin
2007-08-12, 12:36 PM
For those of you who play Runescape, like myself, you will have noticed that a new god was mentioned in a "Behind the Scenes" news letter. His name is Bandos, and though not much is known about him, it is obvious that he is a minor god. Now this already sounds like he has much in common with our great friend Banjo. What do you think?:smallconfused:

NEW INFO!

He seems to be the god of goblins. Similarity with Dark One? And the fact that people think Hinjo and RC will make an alliance? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53956) Coincidence of Arrav and goblins in RS?? Ok, maybe I'm just being weird and establishing weird patterns like always, but this is interesting.

Gundato
2007-08-12, 12:55 PM
I think there are only so many possible combinations of letters, and that BLANK-os is already a very popular fantasy/epic/godlike format for said combination.

In other words, if that is a Banjo reference, then Kratos and that thing from Chrono Trigger (Latos?) had better watch their backs.

Omicroncubed
2007-08-12, 01:17 PM
Even though it MAY be possible, I hardly belive JAGEX staff reads OOTS and then tries to make a reference using some name.

Ettlesby
2007-08-12, 09:03 PM
I think there are only so many possible combinations of letters, and that BLANK-os is already a very popular fantasy/epic/godlike format for said combination.

In other words, if that is a Banjo reference, then Kratos and that thing from Chrono Trigger (Latos?) had better watch their backs.

It's Lavos.

But I'm pretty sure it's a coincidence.

Impikmin
2007-08-12, 09:10 PM
Lol, I was just thinking about how much more Banjo and Bandos will be alike. We'll just have to see when the god caves com out:smallsigh:

Drider
2007-08-12, 10:38 PM
If the god ends up being a hand puppet with a blond(e?) guy's hand in its...its "no-no" parts... then I'd say its a referance. The name is pretty common, sounds more like bandits than banjo.

:roach:

Impikmin
2007-08-20, 07:48 PM
NEW info, as seen in my edited post. I hope to the 12 gods that this wasn't on page 3 or something, cus I searched it. Save me from being smitten for my possibly-thread-necromancy ways!!